Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Jun 2015, 08:06 (Ref:3553546)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How To Make Money From An Additional Practice Session....

Practice Sessions For Non-Primary Drivers

Could we see teams selling seat time to other drivers whilst running on their ex-AGP rubber? Might be like Mr Palmer at LotusF1, his backers reportedly pay $8.7m for 10x FP1 sessions... Might be a moneyspinner...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 24 Jun 2015, 21:46 (Ref:3553727)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Practice Sessions For Non-Primary Drivers

Could we see teams selling seat time to other drivers whilst running on their ex-AGP rubber? Might be like Mr Palmer at LotusF1, his backers reportedly pay $8.7m for 10x FP1 sessions... Might be a moneyspinner...
You could run a front running developmeent series team for less than that in V8s.

Cant see it happening, The risk is too high, that someone stuffs up your weekend.

Besides most of those teams would really benefit by getting there co-driver in the car for the 30 min sessions
Old 24 Jun 2015, 21:49 (Ref:3553730)   #3
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
One wonders how much one of these new practice sessions could be worth....I can't see the likes of 888 or Prodrive selling a seat but for some of the other teams down the other end might see this an oppurtunity.
Old 24 Jun 2015, 22:23 (Ref:3553732)   #4
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But how do you impress the scouts when everyone will be on different quality rubber?
Old 24 Jun 2015, 22:55 (Ref:3553741)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
But how do you impress the scouts when everyone will be on different quality rubber?
Is that the point though? Miles in a CotF are as rare as hens teeth. Just having done them might give you the leg up to stake a claim for an enduro ride...
Old 24 Jun 2015, 23:06 (Ref:3553746)   #6
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think it's more of a reaction to the Ambrose/lack of testing Catch-22, but at least QR and (mostly SMP) are safe in terms of no concrete to hit if the session was to be sold off
Old 24 Jun 2015, 23:13 (Ref:3553749)   #7
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is that the point though? Miles in a CotF are as rare as hens teeth. Just having done them might give you the leg up to stake a claim for an enduro ride...
wont all the enduro rides be filled by then?
Old 24 Jun 2015, 23:34 (Ref:3553754)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
wont all the enduro rides be filled by then?
Not yet. Mr Blanchard's is still free, well not free..

Plus the 2 wildcards supposedly joining.

And next year's seat shuffle.

Heaps to play for