Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Jul 2018, 22:45 (Ref:3836854)   #976
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
The price for lastest spec equipment is out of the range of Team18 however...
How fast can they afford to go?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Jul 2018, 22:53 (Ref:3836855)   #977
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
How fast can they afford to go?

Doesn’t this defeat the concept of parity?
Old 15 Jul 2018, 23:05 (Ref:3836856)   #978
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Erebus Racing? Why not McMurdo Racing?
These raceroos...
Old 15 Jul 2018, 23:29 (Ref:3836869)   #979
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Doesn’t this defeat the concept of parity?
No. If PHR employed a similar brainstrust to 888 they could be at their level. Cut price technology or compromised engineering solutions due to cost or knowledge may sometimes deliver a result, but definitely not a consistent one.
Old 16 Jul 2018, 01:34 (Ref:3836881)   #980
f351c
Rookie

f351c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The price for lastest spec equipment is out of the range of Team18 however...
One could argue that it was out of the range of DJR at the time of their success too... but thats another matter entirely
Old 16 Jul 2018, 08:30 (Ref:3836903)   #981
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
No. If PHR employed a similar brainstrust to 888 they could be at their level.
They employ the six times driver's championship winning team manager Mr. Jeff Grech? Surely a sufficiently trusty brain?

Mr. Barry Ryan is certainly working wonders at the more fully-equipped Erebus team though. It seems helpful to have a machine shop and other facilities in-house.
Old 16 Jul 2018, 08:56 (Ref:3836905)   #982
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Grech isn't the engineer.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 02:57 (Ref:3838179)   #983
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Mr Grech isn't the engineer.
And neither is he the driver....

Something isn't right at that team, and time they had a really good look at it...

Lee, I will say, had potential, when he was at GRM, but then he let it get to his head after the shift to SBR. Claiming he would be in the best position for the switch to the COT chassis with them, when in reality, he didn't do much better. The change Erebus didn't help his cause either and as a result I think he his powers got wasted at their prime during this period with the Merc's. One win at Winton doesn't cut it when you look at it as a whole. Well done on the achievement, but going to take more than that.

Given that Lee did alright at GRM, maybe Charlie should invest in that front end for his cars, and see what happens. From what anyone can see, you're either a driver, and/or engineer, that can connect with the T8 front end or not....
Old 23 Jul 2018, 04:14 (Ref:3838185)   #984
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
And neither is he the driver....

Something isn't right at that team, and time they had a really good look at it...

Lee, I will say, had potential, when he was at GRM, but then he let it get to his head after the shift to SBR. Claiming he would be in the best position for the switch to the COT chassis with them, when in reality, he didn't do much better. The change Erebus didn't help his cause either and as a result I think he his powers got wasted at their prime during this period with the Merc's. One win at Winton doesn't cut it when you look at it as a whole. Well done on the achievement, but going to take more than that.

Given that Lee did alright at GRM, maybe Charlie should invest in that front end for his cars, and see what happens. From what anyone can see, you're either a driver, and/or engineer, that can connect with the T8 front end or not....
How about buying the full house 888 car rather than bitzering it..
The works spec KRE engine + development path..
And stop crashing it!

The PHR car rarely wins the Friday Grand Prix either.. speed isn’t on the table at any point...
Old 15 Apr 2019, 20:21 (Ref:3897771)   #985
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see 'the Erebus way' is succeeding, as they are now very close to becoming the top Holden team.

Possibly not something many would have predicted.
Old 16 Apr 2019, 03:41 (Ref:3897848)   #986
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Interesting to see 'the Erebus way' is succeeding, as they are now very close to becoming the top Holden team.

Possibly not something many would have predicted.
Well I credit it to Barry Ryan. He is a good operator.

This still does not, however, justify dismantling the championship-winning and world class Stone Brothers Racing team...
Old 16 Apr 2019, 03:51 (Ref:3897850)   #987
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
This still does not, however, justify dismantling the championship-winning and world class Stone Brothers Racing team...
There seem to be a few ex-SBR operatives over at DJRTP & MSR these days in senior roles..
Old 17 Apr 2019, 19:13 (Ref:3898279)   #988
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah read back through the thread to see some super cringey posts - almost seemed some wanted Erebus to fail?? I won't mention names though I noticed if a member defends Supercars incessantly, they were more likely to deathride Erebus. Very curious
Old 18 Apr 2019, 03:58 (Ref:3898326)   #989
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Yeah read back through the thread to see some super cringey posts - almost seemed some wanted Erebus to fail?
Erebus is a basically a completely different team now.

How is it cringy to be cross at a team owner for dismantling the championship winning Stone Brothers Racing team for no good reason!?

A team which had already built a complete Falcon FG Car of the Future, and would have likely remained competitive without a change of brands...

https://www.speedcafe.com/2012/10/17...land-test-day/
Old 18 Apr 2019, 06:30 (Ref:3898335)   #990
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
How is it cringy to be cross at a team owner for dismantling the championship winning Stone Brothers Racing team for no good reason!?
Perhaps you should direct your angst at Ross Stone?