Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Feb 2017, 05:59 (Ref:3711786)   #1576
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
De Borre To Prodrive #55
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Feb 2017, 06:09 (Ref:3711788)   #1577
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just going to ask you guys do you think there'll be anymore ds2s teams doing something wildcard rounds if so who? it seems to be likely
To be MSR, PMM, EMS, KBR and Image/Dragon what do you guys think?
Old 13 Feb 2017, 07:13 (Ref:3711792)   #1578
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd be surprised if there are more.
Old 13 Feb 2017, 07:51 (Ref:3711795)   #1579
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I'd be surprised if there are more.
Its seems as though Image/Dragon are keen there having a third VF Built for wild cards and MSR with Todd Hazelwood wouldn't suprise me
Old 13 Feb 2017, 08:00 (Ref:3711797)   #1580
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently there is a lot of talk about Jack Perkins going in as a wild card here and there to keep form for the ENDURO's
Old 13 Feb 2017, 08:12 (Ref:3711799)   #1581
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lots of talk around wildcards, not so much talk about the dollars to pay for them.

A Dunlop series car would likely need updates to be VASC spec, suspension primarily, but also likely engine spec, garage equipment buy/lease, technogumbies to prepare & engineer the cars, wheels, tyres, spare engine & transmission, (as this falls outside the REC process) plus flights, accommodation, transport and a zillion other things

Plus accident damage and/or insurance

If a wildcard is entered for a round, are they obligated to show up, under risk of a $150k liquidated damages fine per round missed?
Old 13 Feb 2017, 08:18 (Ref:3711800)   #1582
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exactly.

It is a BIG step up, which is why it rarely happens.
Old 13 Feb 2017, 08:42 (Ref:3711801)   #1583
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Yep 100% it's such a big step between Dunlop Series and Supercars I know for a certain that the Image/Dragon are having a car built by GRM for the enduro cup likely to be Renee Gracie and another driver. That'll be the problems for DVS teams will be finding drivers with the budget to do those wildcard rounds and a full DVS scheduale.
Old 13 Feb 2017, 13:03 (Ref:3711828)   #1584
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Lots of talk around wildcards, not so much talk about the dollars to pay for them.

A Dunlop series car would likely need updates to be VASC spec, suspension primarily, but also likely engine spec, garage equipment buy/lease, technogumbies to prepare & engineer the cars, wheels, tyres, spare engine & transmission, (as this falls outside the REC process) plus flights, accommodation, transport and a zillion other things

Plus accident damage and/or insurance

If a wildcard is entered for a round, are they obligated to show up, under risk of a $150k liquidated damages fine per round missed?
Definitely suspension, well springs anyway, engines less so as they already have less restrictions than the main game. Tyres and engineering will be big.
Old 13 Feb 2017, 13:13 (Ref:3711831)   #1585
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Definitely suspension, well springs anyway, engines less so as they already have less restrictions than the main game. Tyres and engineering will be big.
Its springs but also how to get the double springs & dampers to work when the car doesnt run on them in the Dunlop series. Its still not confirmed if the new tyre constructions are to be used in the Dunlop series, so possibly more non-transferable work there. And the various generations of 888 front ends (and others..) that arent necessarily latest spec.

Its not likely that the Dunlop series runs a go-hard engine package like the main game either...

A wildcard is a great idea in theory..
Old 13 Feb 2017, 19:55 (Ref:3711894)   #1586
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
According to an article by Supercars today James Golding will also be running two wild card rounds
Old 13 Feb 2017, 22:10 (Ref:3711918)   #1587
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
word in the lunch room today is that J Moff had to call his people to find out how water tight his contract is - seems that GRM might have 1 to many drivers
5 drivers, 4 seats, someone misses out on a full time gig... not Mr Moffat this time (although his 2018 seat might be in doubt if results aren't comparable to the team's lead driver...)...

More wildcards...

Story Here

We will have a dozen wildcards at Winton at his rate
Old 14 Feb 2017, 00:25 (Ref:3711938)   #1588
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 14 Feb 2017, 00:36 (Ref:3711939)   #1589
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
chances of it including black and yellow are high i reckon

how do i get FB photos to link, do i have to screenshot and copy into a photo sharing site?
Old 14 Feb 2017, 00:56 (Ref:3711942)   #1590
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
how do i get FB photos to link, do i have to screenshot and copy into a photo sharing site?
Screenshot or save locally & upload to photobucket or similar..
Old 14 Feb 2017, 01:06 (Ref:3711944)   #1591
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Screenshot or save locally & upload to photobucket or similar..
cheers
Old 14 Feb 2017, 01:34 (Ref:3711951)   #1592
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
If Mr Brown is in the EMS Dunlop Series seat... Story Here who might be taking over Mr Dumbrell's seat in #88 for the Pirtek Enduro Cup?
Old 14 Feb 2017, 02:08 (Ref:3711955)   #1593
Umai Naa
Veteran

Does Winton have enough room in pitlane to facilitate the additional entries? Baring in mind the elaborate pit garage fitouts we've seen in recent years.
Old 14 Feb 2017, 02:15 (Ref:3711957)   #1594
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If Mr Brown is in the EMS Dunlop Series seat... Story Here who might be taking over Mr Dumbrell's seat in #88 for the Pirtek Enduro Cup?
That's exactly what I was going to ask, if Dumbrell isn't in Dunlop could this mean he isn't with Jamie, I personally hope he does race on
Old 14 Feb 2017, 02:48 (Ref:3711962)   #1595
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where did that say Dumbrell wasn't racing?
Old 14 Feb 2017, 02:51 (Ref:3711963)   #1596
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Where did that say Dumbrell wasn't racing?
It doesn't.. a question unable to be asked when a news article is a cup & paste of a press release.

Mr Dumbrell has said often that he needs to stay match fit, that Mr Dane expects that he is match fit, and the EMS deal allows him to do that.

If the EMS deal stops... we are adding 1+1 and getting 2 here...

If you get technical, it doesn't actually say Mr Brown will be in a CotF either...
Old 14 Feb 2017, 02:53 (Ref:3711966)   #1597
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Quote:
It doesn't.. a question unable to be asked when a news article is a cup & paste of a press release.

Mr Dumbrell has said often that he needs to stay match fit, that Mr Dane expects that he is match fit, and the EMS deal allows him to do that.

If the EMS deal stops... we are adding 1+1 and getting 2 here...

If you get technical, it doesn't actually say Mr Brown will be in a CotF either...
That would be correct on both counts.
Old 14 Feb 2017, 06:00 (Ref:3711993)   #1598
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
That would be correct on both counts.
This is a rumour but I did heard that PD was actually offered the drive. Perhaps due to his expanding business commitments he may race in the Kumho Touring Cars to keep match fit due to a lesser amount of rounds?
Old 14 Feb 2017, 06:04 (Ref:3711994)   #1599
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
http://www.supercars.com/news/champi...ards-macauley/
BJR to expand to four cars with a wildcard for Macauley Jones and confirmation he'll be returning for the enduro cup. What rounds exactly is TBC. Is this a better job by me now?
Old 14 Feb 2017, 06:34 (Ref:3711995)   #1600
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where has this increased interest in wildcards at normal rounds come from?

Presumebly this new rule was only introduced due to requests from teams to have this avenue open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Does Winton have enough room in pitlane to facilitate the additional entries? Baring in mind the elaborate pit garage fitouts we've seen in recent years.
It used to handle 32 cars with compulsory pitstops, so 27 or 28 cars shouldn't be an issue