Old 24 Oct 2002, 15:22 (Ref:412259)   #26
Ian Smith
Racer

England
Tamworth Staff's
Ian Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Maisie
I let you live, didn't I? What more do you want?
Typical Race Official you just can't rely n the to get punishments right!!!!!
Old 24 Oct 2002, 15:25 (Ref:412261)   #27
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
neilwaynesmith is a back marker
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Smith
Typical Race Official you just can't rely n the to get punishments right!!!!!
Or the spelling, Ian
Old 24 Oct 2002, 17:13 (Ref:412389)   #28
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can I just say that our MG Maestro that we are using in the East Mids Road Rally championship is giving us great service. Typically, I drive it to and from work all week, then at the weekend I wash it and kick the tyres, thrash it to the start venue of a road rally, hammer it all night long for 110+ miles of narrow bumpy lanes, then cane it home. Then it carries on taking me to work all week.

It's done this for a year, now, and I'm hoping for another year out of it.
Old 24 Oct 2002, 19:17 (Ref:412534)   #29
Ian Smith
Racer

England
Tamworth Staff's
Ian Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by neilwaynesmith
Or the spelling, Ian
OK you can mock but I have dyslexic fingers OK.

even this was the 4th draft
Old 24 Oct 2002, 21:30 (Ref:412645)   #30
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any pics, heebee?
Old 25 Oct 2002, 06:58 (Ref:412891)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just had an e mail from a mate who tells me "I've just bought myself a new toy. A Bentley Turbo R." (Calm down Tim) He reckons he needs to keep working to pay for the gas.
Old 25 Oct 2002, 08:48 (Ref:412945)   #32
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I couldnt afford one of those If I sold my house!

heres one of mine . . . . . .
Attached Thumbnails
pcd15g-small-side.jpg  
Old 25 Oct 2002, 08:55 (Ref:412948)   #33
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Morris 1100

Quote:
Originally posted by Morris 1100
My current collection:
1966 Morris 1100 (my everyday car)
1987 Ford Falcon (my wifes everday car)
1976 Ford F100 (tow car)
1986 Ford Econoline E350 (rare in Aus)
1972 Holden Kingswood (race car)
1968 Morris Cooper S (needs restoring)
1978 Leyland Mini 1275 LS (half restored)
1985 Austin Montego (may be the only one in Aus)
An impressive list Morrie (the Cooper S sounds interesting...MkI or II?}

Now, when are you coming down again to take the 1100 out of my backyard to make way for a Mini!!

Seeing as we are all dreaming here, Volvo 123GT would be nice but I would love my particular model of old Ferrari (sigh) truly a thing of beauty (bellisimo! malto simpatico!)
Old 25 Oct 2002, 09:14 (Ref:412966)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For me the 250 GT SWB ids the only Ferrari.
Old 25 Oct 2002, 10:46 (Ref:413005)   #35
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
agreed Peter . . . .

heres the other Dagenham dustbin . . . .
Attached Thumbnails
egf545b-frontleft-small.jpg  
Old 25 Oct 2002, 10:55 (Ref:413014)   #36
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lovely
Old 25 Oct 2002, 11:09 (Ref:413023)   #37
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well talking of everyday classics then I put forward the mark 2 VW Golf - in my opinion the perfect car. Sure they are everywhere but thats simply as they are so good.
Old 25 Oct 2002, 12:52 (Ref:413138)   #38
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Pre airflow. Almost unique.

The Cortina was the car which changed Britain's attitude to motoring. The Mini was a design masterpiece but for all round comfort and style Ford's Cortina was it.
Old 25 Oct 2002, 13:47 (Ref:413202)   #39
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I was never a fan of the pre airflow before, but now Ive found a solid 2 door one, I love it . . . . .shame it was an auto and the dash boards been butchered badly . . . .otherwise the shell would be worth more than the car to the right person . . . .with a totalled lotus!

still for less than £2k Ive got a 120+ BHP sideways fun machine, which reminds me I must put the roll cage in it :-)
Old 25 Oct 2002, 13:49 (Ref:413206)   #40
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And then from Germany came the car that made all others inferior. Golf 2 did nothing new and didn't look particularly special, however it did everything well, and still does. For performance there were the two GTis and for balls out evoness (although it never went RHD) there was the supercharged G60. And all out power just read VR6. The Golf is a true classic but is not appreciated as there are just sooo many of them. How often do you see a rusty golf?
Old 25 Oct 2002, 15:11 (Ref:413306)   #41
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
my dad had a MK1 GTI . . . .he loved it . . . . .until he rolled it into a ditch and wrote it off because some **** in a beamer came round the corner on thew wrong side of the road!

**** brakes apparently
Old 26 Oct 2002, 05:14 (Ref:413821)   #42
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari 250 GTO (1962)

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
For me the 250 GT SWB ids the only Ferrari.
Yep, another classic, terrific design.
Old 26 Oct 2002, 10:44 (Ref:413916)   #43
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
The Mk1 was inferior to the mark 2, the mark 2 simply took out all the gremlins and had them shot. And thats the only real difference. apart from power. Its a real classic but not recognised yet.
Old 28 Oct 2002, 19:53 (Ref:415787)   #44
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does a 1983 Granada count as a Classic?
Some of the Triumph clubs call their cars 'Affordable Classics' and they sure do have a point when you can pick up a perfectly good Dolomite for a few hundred quid, perhaps even Dolomite Sprint, or the humble Toledo, these were the forerunners of the Maestro and Mondeo.... (ducks to avoid heavy objects...!)
Old 30 Oct 2002, 08:44 (Ref:417172)   #45
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
In thirty years time, will we have classic car magazinea running restoration projects on Mk3 Mondeo's?
Old 30 Oct 2002, 09:03 (Ref:417187)   #46
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by neilwaynesmith
In thirty years time, will we have classic car magazinea running restoration projects on Mk3 Mondeo's?
There's already a club for them and well done too. Best road car I ever owned was my Si with the trick bits.
Old 30 Oct 2002, 11:38 (Ref:417297)   #47
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
I won't let the mundano become a classic
Old 30 Oct 2002, 12:15 (Ref:417316)   #48
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
why not?
Old 31 Oct 2002, 00:24 (Ref:418076)   #49
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
A car that is so totally forgettable and so amazingly unimportant and generally dull should never become a classic, what next the Vectra!!!? Sorry I think not. Even an 83 Granada has more classic-ness.
Old 31 Oct 2002, 03:22 (Ref:418135)   #50
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You people are all masochists. I love having a classic car to play with on weekends, but for everyday driving to work and long driving holidays, I'll have a brand spanker thanks, something common and stock standard, so easy.