Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 May 2010, 08:25 (Ref:2698382)   #1
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hispania and Dallara definately parting company

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/feedarticle/9096881
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83874

Am I the only person that thinks we won't see them next year? It's not as if they have the expertise of facilities to develop their own car, either new parts for this year or a 2011 car.
Old 26 May 2010, 08:57 (Ref:2698401)   #2
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Geoff Willis is the key man here. Just as important is Mr E.

If those commit, they should be ok.

Selby
Old 26 May 2010, 09:00 (Ref:2698404)   #3
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They're supposed to have their funds sorted out and there are plenty of companies out there who can build cars, even if their own new facilities aren't up and running by then. They should be OK
Old 26 May 2010, 10:06 (Ref:2698436)   #4
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everything seems to be so seat of your pants at HRT l hope they make it.
Old 26 May 2010, 10:08 (Ref:2698438)   #5
roachy101
Racer

roachy101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that's going to hurt hrt a little but they should be able to sort something else out. perhaps they'll speak to lola....
Old 26 May 2010, 10:53 (Ref:2698455)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So does this mean Hispania are no more? Surely if they and Dallara are no longer partner Dallara are not liable to supply parts.

They are allegedly owed money anyway from Campos, hance a possible reason for failing to do much with the car!

I am saddened by this, Dallara are a superb chassis constructor. They compleye took hold of F3, designed GT cars and good F1 cars in the past.

Think pot and kettle here to be honest.
Old 26 May 2010, 11:19 (Ref:2698472)   #7
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Starting from scratch again, could mean that they will be nowhere near Lotus and Virgin next season who will benefit from continuity.
Old 26 May 2010, 11:24 (Ref:2698474)   #8
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well they still own the rights to the chassis. It's not like Dallara are going to take the cars with them and scarper. The IP is HRT's
Old 26 May 2010, 12:10 (Ref:2698496)   #9
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Well they still own the rights to the chassis. It's not like Dallara are going to take the cars with them and scarper. The IP is HRT's
However by the sounds of things they want to put this chassis in the nearest skip and start over...
Old 26 May 2010, 12:15 (Ref:2698500)   #10
nea
Racer

England
Saltaire, UK
nea should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've seen some stuff elsewhere that doesn't say it explicitly, but does cryptically imply Toyota chassis may be used. Be it this season or next.
Old 26 May 2010, 12:22 (Ref:2698505)   #11
manwell
Racer

manwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely Hispania realise that the have to PAY Dallara for the updates?
Old 26 May 2010, 13:19 (Ref:2698569)   #12
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nea View Post
I've seen some stuff elsewhere that doesn't say it explicitly, but does cryptically imply Toyota chassis may be used. Be it this season or next.
.uoy fo citpyrc woH
Old 26 May 2010, 13:42 (Ref:2698585)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
.'oroblraM

I too have heard that the 'TTFN' 110 would be used by a team in the near future. It was for sale a while back. Still can't understand why no one bought it.
Old 26 May 2010, 13:49 (Ref:2698591)   #14
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It would have to be next season because of the chassis homologation rules, I think.
Old 26 May 2010, 13:51 (Ref:2698594)   #15
nea
Racer

England
Saltaire, UK
nea should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
.uoy fo citpyrc woH
!llew sa wonk thgim uoy desseug I
Old 26 May 2010, 17:01 (Ref:2698693)   #16
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
So does this mean Hispania are no more? Surely if they and Dallara are no longer partner Dallara are not liable to supply parts.

They are allegedly owed money anyway from Campos, hance a possible reason for failing to do much with the car!

I am saddened by this, Dallara are a superb chassis constructor. They compleye took hold of F3, designed GT cars and good F1 cars in the past.

Think pot and kettle here to be honest.
It's amazing how a manufacturer with Dallara's reputation is being held up as a sham. They competed in F1 in the 1990's and their car was state of the art then, equivalent in manufacturing terms with anything else being produced. Just not as competitive.
Since then, they have completely dominated F3 to the point that Ralt, Reynard and co can't compete.
Yet people want to believe a start up team that struggled for money etc to be completely innocent in everything.
Given the choice of where I'd place my money, it would be the established manufacturer everytime
Old 26 May 2010, 17:19 (Ref:2698704)   #17
edington Mains
Rookie

edington Mains should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
.uoy fo citpyrc woH
Source????
Old 26 May 2010, 17:32 (Ref:2698709)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Me too hero

I read now that Hispania will update teh car themselves, meaning Dallara have no input into the current car and are left with a bad reputation. Unjustifiably in my view.

I like to see Hispania, theya re a great underdog team and Chandhok in particular has really impressed with his attitude and friendliness.

Shame the team can't be so polished.
Old 26 May 2010, 17:56 (Ref:2698719)   #19
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I havent read much about the topic, but as far as I knew some months ago, Campos aka HRT didnt pay the initially requested money to Dallara so they doesnt have the rights of the car design, thus Campos HRT has no blueprints.

That means now they will have to do reverse engineering to understand the car. Not a cheap thing to do. Or they found the cash or they will disapear this way.

On the other hand, I believe Dallara hasnt designed nothing more than a GP2 with F1 wings and mounted a Cossie with 100HP++ than the 4 liter Renault V8.
Old 26 May 2010, 17:59 (Ref:2698721)   #20
Bonanza
Racer

United Kingdom
behind you
Bonanza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, HRT is turning into a fiasco.

another Andrea Moda, anyone?
Old 26 May 2010, 18:08 (Ref:2698727)   #21
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by edington Mains View Post
Source????
Some bloke who works on FunCup cars, probably not much to it.
Old 26 May 2010, 18:16 (Ref:2698736)   #22
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Quote:
Originally Posted by edington Mains View Post
Source????
"?ecruos" naem uoY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
well, HRT is turning into a fiasco.

another Andrea Moda, anyone?
No way. HRT have pulled off minor miracles this year. Andrea Moda is a completely different kettle of fish
Old 26 May 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2698747)   #23
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I read now that Hispania will update the car themselves, meaning Dallara have no input into the current car and are left with a bad reputation. Unjustifiably in my view.
I'm not sure Dallara have anything to be ashamed about, or to worry about. It's pure business that's all?

Motor racing and F1 has always had situations where drivers, engine or chassis suppliers have parted company over money, or lack of it.
Old 26 May 2010, 19:25 (Ref:2698785)   #24
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I had high expectation from the Dallara, based on the BMS Dallara cars which were not too bad.
Just a shame that the car probably will not come of the last two qualifying rows, they should deserve better.
Old 26 May 2010, 19:30 (Ref:2698788)   #25
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Both Geoff Willis and Christian Klien pulled down the Dallara chassis for not being up to F1 standards.

"Obviously this car is not quite on an F1 standard – there is just a lack of downforce big time that the car has," said Klien in Barcelona. "Also the small details on the car are not as good as the top cars, so it is quite easy to get in the car and tell the engineers many things on where the other cars are better."

Giving it the same amount of downforce as a McLaren will improve things greatly.