Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 27 Aug 2002, 10:44 (Ref:366490)   #1
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What was at Snetterton last weekend?

I was at the radio control model car race meeting last Sunday and on the way down, we passed a couple of MGBs, Midgets and Metros, so I guess the MG Car club were having a bash.

What exactly was there?

As we left the gates, I saw an MG ZR in gunmetal, so I interested.......

BTW, were there any 10/10th'ers there?
Old 27 Aug 2002, 11:19 (Ref:366508)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was there. It was an MGCC meeting and all the usual suspects were on hand. Thourobreds, BCV8, Metro, Morgan Challenge, TRs, MG Challenge etc.
Old 28 Aug 2002, 15:06 (Ref:367505)   #3
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Peter, one more question....what series was this ZR in? Any websites with info?
Old 28 Aug 2002, 15:16 (Ref:367511)   #4
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hobson, is this what you saw? (pic here http://www.pbase.com/cjwoodley/mgcc_...ne_2002&page=1)?

I've seen a different ZR in a race at Oulton Park but can't remember off the top of my head which series this was. Suggest you check out the MGCC website here http://www.mgcc.org.uk/ for more info
Old 28 Aug 2002, 17:42 (Ref:367614)   #5
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Maisie
I've seen a different ZR in a race at Oulton Park but can't remember off the top of my head which series this was
Several ZRs raced in the MGCC MG Challenge race at Oulton in May. Very impressive, too.....faster round Shell then the MGFs!
Old 28 Aug 2002, 19:00 (Ref:367685)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Correct Dave. They can also race in the Phoenix Challenge.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 12:17 (Ref:368207)   #7
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Thats the one....Lloyd Tredfell.
Thanks guys!
Old 29 Aug 2002, 13:44 (Ref:368264)   #8
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've remembered where I saw the other one - in the Northern Sports and Saloons championship, with a whole host of different cars. Info here http://www.darlington-motor-club.org.uk