Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Who's going?
Going 8 36.36%
Not sure 1 4.55%
Not going 13 59.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Sep 2014, 15:06 (Ref:3454351)   #126
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
Yep, also post number one of this thread.
Like they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words." Didn't notice it in post one but it jumped out with the race icon.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 18:22 (Ref:3454418)   #127
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
http://www.fia.com/news/preview-6-ho...rcuit-americas
Location: Circuit of The Americas is a world-class motorsports and entertainment venue in Texas, the only FIA-certified Grade 1 track in the United States, and is located nine miles from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and less than 15 miles from downtown Austin.

Either they are drunk or Indianapolis has lost it's Grade 1 status since the last circuit licencing update.
As far as I know, they are only Grade 1 licensed when F1 is testing, or racing there. If not, they won't be a Grade 1.

I may be wrong, but, unless there is intent to test or race, it's always a Grade 2.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 17 Sep 2014, 18:34 (Ref:3454425)   #128
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
As far as I know, they are only Grade 1 licensed when F1 is testing, or racing there. If not, they won't be a Grade 1.

I may be wrong, but, unless there is intent to test or race, it's always a Grade 2.
Nope. For example Imola is still Grade 1 even though F1 has been gone for almost a decade soon. And Dubai and Qatar which have never even hosted GPs are Grade 1 too (not a surprise from such asphaltdromes really)

Circuits with F1 test-only licence are 1T

Of course all WEC classes could handle Grade 2 (and GTE Grade 3 as well) but we are robbed of that joy beyond LM
Old 17 Sep 2014, 18:36 (Ref:3454427)   #129
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Silverstone was the first race of the year. Audi ran the most wing, thats why their top speed was way down. Being faster in the corners is a given when youre running higher wing. But it didnt serve them any good as it was Toyota who had the fastest stints.

LM showed what? They had good late race pace against competition that had car issues? Its clear that more hybrid power is hugely beneficial. Saying it isn't is wrong. We'll see in a week.
You are correct...Silverstone and SPA too for that matter, both of which Toyota won, weren't even their strongest circuits, as both are 'flowing' high speed tracks, with few places to brake and charge the Hybrid Batteries!

As for LeMans...#7 was way, ahead in the lead at 5am, until an FIA sensor failed and burned out the wiring loom! #8 was severly wrecked in that freakish downpour just after the first hour, which caught Lapierre out, and after an hour of major repairs was never the same car again! So to finish 3rd was amazing!

What would have won LM for Toyota was a budget like Audi's, as it was having a third car which won them the race!
Old 17 Sep 2014, 19:24 (Ref:3454436)   #130
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
If I was a millionaire I'd help with their budget

In other news, Nissan is going to hold a press conference in Austin on thursday. I wonder if it relates to their lmp1 program.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 19:37 (Ref:3454441)   #131
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Probably...

If I was a millionaire I'd bribe ACO and Le Mans city council from sanitizing Circuit de la Sarthe further. We all have our allegiances
Old 17 Sep 2014, 19:53 (Ref:3454449)   #132
dave_l
Rookie

dave_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do wonder what advantage Toyota enjoyed at Le Mans due to their moving rear wing. It would be very interesting to have seen their lap times had they not been allowed to use it.

In some ways this weekend may be the first time we see all 3 manufacturers on an equal footing. All with high downforce and nobody with bendy bodywork!
Old 17 Sep 2014, 20:23 (Ref:3454458)   #133
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
It wont matter much at these tracks. Hybrid power will. Last year they could only use 2mj per lap, this year its 3.76mj per lap.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 20:57 (Ref:3454468)   #134
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Richard Lietz will not be racing this weekend.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 21:29 (Ref:3454481)   #135
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
Like they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words." Didn't notice it in post one but it jumped out with the race icon.
Yes, it is, and that is pretty much all that post #1 of this thread is.

Being a racing journalist (IIRC, that's what you do), kind of surprised you hadn't heard this name before now. Not looking to be contrary, just observing.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 17 Sep 2014, 21:30 (Ref:3454482)   #136
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Bummer

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 18 Sep 2014, 01:53 (Ref:3454539)   #137
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
COTA's Facebook page has garage area photos of the WEC garage set ups. Strange to see that no one has the scissor jacks that they use at most of the other rounds--even Audi, Toyota and Porsche have their cars set up on hub-mounted stands.

That's sorta strange because I think that I remember that when the #1 Audi last year needed that tail change, they did use a scissor jack for that and the tire change in the garage.
Old 18 Sep 2014, 06:18 (Ref:3454579)   #138
TF110
Veteran

United States
I guess theres no RLM coverage on Fox S2's broadcast http://twitter.com/specutainment/sta...46128890318848
Old 18 Sep 2014, 06:57 (Ref:3454584)   #139
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
FS2 are basically supposed to have their TUSCC/LM guys commentating I think.
Old 18 Sep 2014, 10:46 (Ref:3454627)   #140
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post

That's a shame . I'm guessing his arm hasn't healed enough to be declared race fit.
Old 18 Sep 2014, 11:10 (Ref:3454629)   #141
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Looking at the pit lane photos, I'm sort of confused on how this will work this weekend.

The WEC teams are setting up their usual European-style fueling rigs outside the garages but there's also a pitwall for the TUSC competitors.

I remember last year the wall was removed after the ALMS race but this might prove difficult this week given how there's no night in between?
Old 18 Sep 2014, 11:23 (Ref:3454633)   #142
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I guess theres no RLM coverage on Fox S2's broadcast http://twitter.com/specutainment/sta...46128890318848
"Change of plans" sounds weird considering Varsha said weeks ago that it would be the in-house FOX team. Also, FOX/SPEED has always used their own crews in the broadcasts, unlike rent-channels like Motors TV.

I think last weekend's Formula E was one of the first times in a long time they used international feeds instead of their own, but even that's gonna be replaced by next May IIRC
Old 18 Sep 2014, 14:01 (Ref:3454682)   #143
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Looking at the pit lane photos, I'm sort of confused on how this will work this weekend.

The WEC teams are setting up their usual European-style fueling rigs outside the garages but there's also a pitwall for the TUSC competitors.

I remember last year the wall was removed after the ALMS race but this might prove difficult this week given how there's no night in between?
The lower 'inside' pitwall which is clearly visible here

will be removed again in between the two races, hence the big break in the schedule. Apparently IMSA/CotA have managed to bring down the 'breaking down' time with several hours, hopefully everything goes to plan and no delays will occur.
Old 18 Sep 2014, 17:42 (Ref:3454721)   #144
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is radiolemans covering free practice?
Old 18 Sep 2014, 17:53 (Ref:3454724)   #145
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Weekend looks like a wash because of tropical moisture and off and on thunderstorms. Area's under a flood watch today, too.

I think that everyone will make some runs in FP1 even if the track's in bad shape because of the threat of rain that runs through Saturday night.
Old 18 Sep 2014, 18:31 (Ref:3454734)   #146
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The National Weather Service is predicting 30% chance of rain Saturday during the day, and 20% at night.
Old 18 Sep 2014, 18:43 (Ref:3454739)   #147
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Moderate nerdy question about coverage - has anyone had any success in Chromecasting the WEC app? Seems silly to watch it on a phone screen when there's a perfectly good HD TV in the sitting room that could be put to use.
Old 18 Sep 2014, 18:44 (Ref:3454740)   #148
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
What are the chances there will be timing for the practices?
Old 18 Sep 2014, 18:54 (Ref:3454748)   #149
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Moderate nerdy question about coverage - has anyone had any success in Chromecasting the WEC app? Seems silly to watch it on a phone screen when there's a perfectly good HD TV in the sitting room that could be put to use.
Looks like the app itself answers this question. Looking forward to seeing if this works...

Old 18 Sep 2014, 19:25 (Ref:3454760)   #150
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I would be interested to hear how that works for you. I have had great success streaming other sports apps video to Chromecast, but only when the app supports it. You can now stream whatever is on you screen via Chromecast, but I haven't tried that yet.