Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 19 Sep 2013, 06:18 (Ref:3306024)   #26
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Yep, it seems that having a 4 car team just means your drivers take points away from each other.

I was one of the Penske/Ganassi nay-sayers, but started to twig what was going on around Toronto time. They are still the kings.

I'm rooting for Dixy. I dunno why, i just find HCN thoroughly unlikeable
Old 19 Sep 2013, 10:09 (Ref:3306086)   #27
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even if Helio DOES win the title, unless he wins all of the final rounds, then we'll know that Dixon should've got the title.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 14:52 (Ref:3306219)   #28
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Helio has been the most consistent driver all year long. He's finished outside of the top 10 once! He deserves this championship, not because he has been dominant, but because he stays out of trouble (for the most part).
Old 19 Sep 2013, 17:31 (Ref:3306292)   #29
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
His persona as a perpetual 8 year old boy does wear thin after a decade plus but he would deserve to win it.

I don't mind if the championship is all but clinched. Indycar do deliver exciting races and that is enough for me.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 13:04 (Ref:3310048)   #30
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Even if Helio DOES win the title, unless he wins all of the final rounds, then we'll know that Dixon should've got the title.

Indeed. This season's title fight has already been tarnished to extent that even if Helio wins, many fans just won't accept it, and it cougo down as one of lamest titles in recent history. Not that anything wrong with Helio, but Dixon was shot down too many times in the last few races.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3310735)   #31
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This long break in the schedule is doing nothing to build hype in the title fight or the series.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 06:53 (Ref:3310932)   #32
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I thought the season finished already?
Old 30 Sep 2013, 08:15 (Ref:3310954)   #33
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everybody on this thread is talking about Helio vs Dixon but there are other contenders, too. With 2 street races on the same track still remaining, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that proven street circuit expert Simon Pagenaud comes to Fontana at the top of the standings. That would be fun to watch.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 11:20 (Ref:3311013)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Everybody on this thread is talking about Helio vs Dixon but there are other contenders, too. With 2 street races on the same track still remaining, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that proven street circuit expert Simon Pagenaud comes to Fontana at the top of the standings. That would be fun to watch.
Pagenaud's got 431 points to Castroneves 501, so it's mathematically possible.
Old 5 Oct 2013, 22:49 (Ref:3313311)   #35
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great to see the title tightening up, I do hope Dixie can do it and win again tomorrow.

I know people will feel sorry for Helio, but Dixon's had at least 7 races this year where he had issues (most technical) and finished at the back (or didn't finish at all). This is Helio's first race with real problems that he couldn't recover from. Dixons also been top 3 in race speed (mostly fastest) for the last 7 races. And he was very fast at the Detroit double-header but qualifying hindered his chances.

Without all those issues, even without the two recent races where he lost potentially 75 points (he would have easily passed Bourdais until the Rahal instead put him back), Scott would have easily have been closing out the title this weekend. In fact he'd be sitting about 65-70 points ahead right now if he'd won the last 2 races.

Don't forget the single race that Helio won, his car was deemed to be illegal post-race, but only got a $ penalty. I bet if he didn't win that race, they might have given him a harsher penalty.
Old 6 Oct 2013, 01:06 (Ref:3313349)   #36
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Standings after Houston race 1:

1. Hélio Castroneves, 512 pts
2. Scott Dixon, 505
3. Simon Pagenaud, 463
4. Marco Andretti, 447
5. Ryan Hunter-Reay, 437
6. Justin Wilson, 428
7. Dario Franchitti, 403
8. Will Power, 391
9. James Hinchcliffe, 382
10. Charlie Kimball, 382

I don't think that Pagenaud can win the title.