Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 16 Sep 2013, 15:34 (Ref:3304717)   #1
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Juan? Well, 2014 it is...

Juan Pablo Montoya has sealed his Indy return with Penske next season...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109914

Old 16 Sep 2013, 16:08 (Ref:3304725)   #2
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And you laugh because?

This is great news.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3304726)   #3
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettracing View Post
And you laugh because?

This is great news.
I can't wait. Honestly, coming into the 2013 season nobody would've thought of this. This will be great.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 16:32 (Ref:3304736)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great for John Paul and great for the series.

Now time for JPM to hit the treadmill in the off season.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 17:06 (Ref:3304744)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well, that's a surprise.

I hope he doesn't come back like Zanardi and flatters to deceive on pace.

On the otherhand, he could begin anew like another ex-McLaren man, Fittipaldi, and be a revitalised force.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 18:05 (Ref:3304778)   #6
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck to him, I hope that he's competitive and does a lot better with the opportunity than Allmendinger did.

He's put on a bit of weight since he left F1 though hasn't he?

If we're losing Kanaan to Nationwide then this at least could go some way to making up for it.

btw with the exception of the last race I've really liked this season, just a shame that the profile of the series hasn't been raised, well, at all.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 18:21 (Ref:3304789)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Top racing driver seals seat with top racing team. Hilarious!

I am quite disappointed he is going to Indycar again in a way as I wanted him to carry on with another NASCAR team, but nonetheless very interested to see how it pans out. I suspect he is a bit too old maybe, but let's see.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 18:33 (Ref:3304796)   #8
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This time, the big news really is Big News. Montoya is a great addition to Team Penske.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 18:46 (Ref:3304804)   #9
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to see JPM on IndyCar again.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 18:53 (Ref:3304810)   #10
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice to have some good news for a change! I'm sure Juan will do well. Yet another returning 500 champion.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3304845)   #11
mdaro
Rookie

United States
Maryland
mdaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is fantastic! Planning my trip to Indy already and got this news.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3304867)   #12
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surely this is great news. I hope that JPM is up to IndyCars still. Be interesting to see him back in that formula.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 21:24 (Ref:3304892)   #13
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Brilliant! Next year, IndyCar will be even more competitive.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3304905)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Penske? Well I never.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 23:11 (Ref:3304924)   #15
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^^ That's what Will Power said too, I'd wager.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 23:17 (Ref:3304927)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
^^ That's what Will Power said too, I'd wager.
He's an Aussie, so I'd imagine a few dozen swearwords may be in there too
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 Sep 2013, 00:41 (Ref:3304946)   #17
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am really surprised by Penske since it sounded like JPM and Andretti were finding it hard to get sponsors for the full season and we all know Penkse doesn't spend his own cash to race. Any word on who his sponsor(s) would be for 2014 yet?
Old 17 Sep 2013, 07:18 (Ref:3305019)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
None yet for Juan's car.

Just goes to show that the guy is still box-office.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 07:46 (Ref:3305046)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
None yet for Juan's car.

Just goes to show that the guy is still box-office.
There are lots of movies on at the box office, some are a hit, some make it to DVD in remarkably short time.

The sponsor package on Mr Allmendinger's #2 this year have been IZOD, Shell and various Penske entities. Presumably this could be maintained into season 2014.

Perhaps Mr Penske is thinking of the sport overall by bring back a drawcard?
Old 17 Sep 2013, 09:06 (Ref:3305088)   #20
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Already testing! WOW!

Old 17 Sep 2013, 11:20 (Ref:3305152)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Great coup for the series in JPM signing up, although like Knowlesy i'm disappointed he didn't continue in NASCAR, although he will always excel in a single seater.

Part of me was hoping (straw clutching ) at a shock return to F1 in the Lotus seat Kimi vacated but that would never happen unless Bernie got involved!

The other part of me would like to see him come to the WEC with a manufacturer team and have a good few years shooting at the Le Mans spoils to add to his excellent CV!

There's still some decent drivers in Indycar, Helio has for my money always been a world class driver, as is Dixon and a few others so it will be very interesting to see how Juan gets on there...

Maybe I need to ensure I get access to the UK coverage again from 2014?
Old 17 Sep 2013, 11:21 (Ref:3305154)   #22
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Already testing! WOW!

I see that's Will's car, but Dunkin' Donuts? Shouldn't that be on the front of the car so JPM can chase it?
Old 17 Sep 2013, 11:33 (Ref:3305164)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Already testing! WOW!

No McDonald's Drive Thru signage?
Old 17 Sep 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3305183)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It's funny because he's fat!
Old 17 Sep 2013, 12:14 (Ref:3305188)   #25
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
It's funny because he's fat!

It was cheap, i know(lesy)