Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Jul 2016, 06:45 (Ref:3658651)   #1
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
F1 Young Drivers Test - Silversone

Couldn't find a thread for it so here goes:

Had a canny time at Silverstone yesterday for the Young Drivers Test. This was the first time that i have seen and herd the new generation of F1 cars live and whilst I enjoyed the day out i wont be rushing to get tickets for next years race as they just don't excite me that much.

One thing, SIlverstone Radio are running a competition to win a pair of tickets to next years race. All you have to do is tweet (silverstone247) them the answer to the following question:

"There are 11 drivers who have started a GP in car baring their own name, who are they? "

Anyway here my vid of the running:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk0WUujA8-0
Old 13 Jul 2016, 14:51 (Ref:3658687)   #2
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Good to see Leclerc and Camara driving. Shame Force India and Haas couldn't find better qualified drivers but I suppose cheque books talk
Old 13 Jul 2016, 19:49 (Ref:3658725)   #3
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
"There are 11 drivers who have started a GP in car baring their own name, who are they? "
1.McLaren
2.Amon
3.Hill
4.Fittipaldi
5.Surtees
6.Mezario
7.Brabham
Old 13 Jul 2016, 21:55 (Ref:3658735)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
in ferrucci's defence, he seems to be a clever kid. i wouldn't be so sure that was just american + bank balance.
Old 13 Jul 2016, 22:16 (Ref:3658736)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
1.McLaren
2.Amon
3.Hill
4.Fittipaldi
5.Surtees
6.Mezario
7.Brabham
Hector Rebaque.

Wilson and Emerson both drove for Fittipaldi and you can add David's name to Jack when it comes to Brabham.
Old 13 Jul 2016, 22:34 (Ref:3658738)   #6
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Aldo Gordini is another one.
Old 13 Jul 2016, 23:01 (Ref:3658740)   #7
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
+ Christie
+ Maserati
Old 13 Jul 2016, 23:36 (Ref:3658741)   #8
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I was thinking they were referring to GP's since it became F1.

Pieter de Klerk
Paul Emery

Last edited by Armco Bender; 14 Jul 2016 at 00:04.
Old 13 Jul 2016, 23:56 (Ref:3658743)   #9
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
I'm going to make a little leap and assume they mean the WC sans the Indy 500 of the 50s.

1.McLaren
2.Amon
3.Hill
4. E Fittipaldi
5.Surtees
6.Mezario
7. J Brabham
8. D Brabham
9. Gordini
10. W Fittipaldi
11. Rebaque

And there maybe others that they are missing. But I think that 11 are good to go.
Old 14 Jul 2016, 07:44 (Ref:3658773)   #10
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post

Old 14 Jul 2016, 08:00 (Ref:3658774)   #11
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
in ferrucci's defence, he seems to be a clever kid. i wouldn't be so sure that was just american + bank balance.
Intelligent, maybe. But I doubt you would find too many advocates for driving skill in the F3 or GP3 paddocks - where decent results have also been very thin on the ground indeed.
Old 14 Jul 2016, 17:49 (Ref:3658847)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
his career path suggests that he's suffering from a one size fits all verstappen chasing syndrome. but yeah, he should be doing better in gp3 i agree. doesn't necessarily mean he's awful though, unless you've got intel from those who have worked with him and would be willing to share it?
Old 14 Jul 2016, 20:27 (Ref:3658857)   #13
peebee2
Veteran

Not awful but never at the front and drives overly aggressively and not too popular because of that.