Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 12 Jul 2000, 20:53 (Ref:22853)   #126
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Talking of stealing caps, Craigster, where do I send the bouncy, bouncy cheque?

Send me a PM with the address, bloke!
Old 12 Jul 2000, 21:00 (Ref:22855)   #127
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig...I made that assumption....although I reckon you owe me a pint
Old 12 Jul 2000, 21:22 (Ref:22860)   #128
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose I should throw in my thoughts about our little trip to Snetterton
Firstly, I had a fantastic time! It was brilliant to spend so much time with so many people - and to meet so may new faces. I'm just sorry I didn't get more of a chance to talk to some people, especially Liz, at greater length. I look forward to meeting (almost!) all of you again very soon.
Apart from the social side, the racing was fantastic too - Vincent Apple did well for a change. Our resident heroic Clio driver nabbed pole then gave us all a terrible fright by "doing a Mallett" and dropping back to 4th before rocketing up the grid again. And we even had some home-grown superstars joining us for some campsite tales. Look forward to cheering Rick, and Paul, and Graham, and Robin etc, etc at Donington in a couple of weeks time. The Fiestas were bouncy and weebly over the kerbs, and Craig and the gang managed to seriously embarrass all of us by yelling "Oaf!" at James Thompson as he walked past RIGHT BEHIND THE TV CAMERA Heck, even the BTCC races weren't unbearable, even if the feature was wet and a little too short.
Oh, and I finally plucked up the courage to talk to the driver of that Maestro that's been stalking me since last year
Old 12 Jul 2000, 21:45 (Ref:22866)   #129
Schoey
Rookie

Schoey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nobody else seemed to recall the 'oaf' incident. I remember it quite vividly! Thought he was nipping over the fence to lamp someone at one point, but he was actually being such a nice chap and signing someone's autograph book. What a nice man that Mr. Thompson is!

Looking forward to watching the TV coverage, could the Ten-Tenths contingent be looking for global super-stardom?

(My god, two posts in one night - think I need to take more medication. Not like me to be sociable!)
Old 13 Jul 2000, 02:59 (Ref:22907)   #130
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't get a chance to talk to ANYBODY much, and next time we meet I hope it will be somewhere we can have a bit of chat. Thanks for the grub, Maisie and Chris, and hope to see you again real soon.
Old 13 Jul 2000, 12:22 (Ref:22975)   #131
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Just where did you and Sarah get off to, Liz? You missed out on all the fun in any case...
Old 13 Jul 2000, 21:27 (Ref:23059)   #132
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I was surprised that Lee was so tall
Me, never

Old 13 Jul 2000, 23:05 (Ref:23085)   #133
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You are tall, Lee, at least from down here.

Daniel, we went off to pit-in to watch the cars up close and personal. Not trying to hide from y'all honestly! Well, not exactly HIDE ...
Old 14 Jul 2000, 12:53 (Ref:23181)   #134
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Liz, sounds like you stood where I did last year. Good, Innit!

I'd forgotten about this one...

Spotted for sale in memorabilia tent:

Nigel Mansells Touring Car Year Video...
...Running time six minutes...
Old 14 Jul 2000, 23:34 (Ref:23261)   #135
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Impression of Liz at Snetterton:

Old 15 Jul 2000, 01:24 (Ref:23265)   #136
Liz
Veteran

Fleeing and freezing.
Old 15 Jul 2000, 16:13 (Ref:23345)   #137
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just got back from Snetterton - that was one hell of a wrong turn I took leaving the circuit Didn't I just choose a great week to go on holiday, Norfolk at its wettest!!!
What does Lorna look like wearing Craig's glasses? Well, Lorna, you should have worked out by now that I do like taking pictures that can be used to embarass people
What can I say, what a great time at Snetterton, I wonder if we will be on the TV coverage, although maybe not, the cameraman probably hasn't recovered from the shock of filming Craig!!!
It was fantastic to see all the usual faces and to say hello to a few new faces as well. Where's our next big get together, Donington in a couple of weeks or Silverstone for the next night race?
Darryl kept a lap chart - didn't he
Old 15 Jul 2000, 19:30 (Ref:23362)   #138
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw the highlights on TV this morning, and every time Muller or Plato came past, yup, you guessed it, Air horns a plenty
Didn't hear Craig shouting 'OAF' at Thompson though
Old 21 Jul 2000, 22:58 (Ref:24641)   #139
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I managed to catch the last five laps of the race. Didn't realise they were going to show it so early I did hear some airhorns though in, suspiciously, the same place we were standing.

Carry, don't I just look sexy on those wonky glasses. Craig, you still haven't set a date when we are going shopping. I'm in London next Saturday
Old 22 Jul 2000, 10:26 (Ref:24712)   #140
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
So will Danielsun - go pester him! I'll be working...
Old 22 Jul 2000, 23:27 (Ref:24829)   #141
Liz
Veteran

I have one roll of film back from Snetterton - four absolutely gorgeous shots of Muller, two nice shots of Cousin Rickard, and some very good, slightly blurred shots of BTCC cars ... and alas, about six photos of chain link fence. Also a picture of our Clio Pilote friend with a shot in the background of Bluebottle that ought to be on an album cover.