Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score are you giving it?
10 2 3.23%
9 0 0%
8 1 1.61%
7 10 16.13%
6 19 30.65%
5 13 20.97%
4 6 9.68%
3 8 12.90%
2 2 3.23%
1 1 1.61%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Jul 2012, 13:46 (Ref:3113242)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race- Hungarian Grand Prix

What score are you giving it?
Old 29 Jul 2012, 13:48 (Ref:3113243)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
10, like the old days.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 14:21 (Ref:3113263)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
10, like the old days.
I wonder who else will give 10...
Old 29 Jul 2012, 15:00 (Ref:3113292)   #4
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A 5. What do you expect - it is not called the 'Boringring' for nothing.

It only sort of came alive at the end with Kimi and Lewis, but it was a bit of procession.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 15:13 (Ref:3113301)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I wonder who else will give 10...
Old 29 Jul 2012, 15:19 (Ref:3113304)   #6
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I deserve a medal for staying awake

Poor race at a dull and boring circuit.

Old 29 Jul 2012, 15:19 (Ref:3113305)   #7
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pros:

Better than Monaco
Great strategical battles (If it wasnt for the extra warm-up lap, it could have been bloody close for the 3rd spot on the podium)
Pretty good start
Great Alonso move on Perez and I actually enjoyed the Di Resta / Maldonado coming together (Im sure it would have been deemed legal if it wasnt Maldonado doing it, but he needs to get under control so fair enough)

Cons:

For the first time this season (sans Monaco) overtaking really looked just way too hard, long long laps with drivers maintaining the very same gap and not even attempting a move.

A generous 6.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 16:32 (Ref:3113334)   #8
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm giving it a 6 but honestly only because I'm a Kimi fan and for Alonso's pass on Perez The third sector at this circuit is an abomination, slow and medium speed corners one after another with no overtaking and a horrible last corner which makes it nearly impossible to get a run on to the DRS straight.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3113343)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This race is fantastic because it means we can all get back to doing what we like to do best, moan. No longer do we have to rely on such tenuous reasons as too much overtaking, too much excitement, Webber too good. We can settle back to where we are on safe ground, a boring race with no overtaking and strategy. Love it.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 16:50 (Ref:3113344)   #10
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
This race is fantastic because it means we can all get back to doing what we like to do best, moan. No longer do we have to rely on such tenuous reasons as too much overtaking, too much excitement, Webber too good. We can settle back to where we are on safe ground, a boring race with no overtaking and strategy. Love it.
I know, tragic we're going back to Spa in 4 weeks, us 'purists' are going to miss thrilling races like this one. Sadly it wasn't as good a race as Monaco though.

Old 29 Jul 2012, 17:27 (Ref:3113359)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
I deserve a medal for staying awake
I threw my medal chances away then......

Very dull indeed - I couldn't even stay awake during a highlights show....
Old 29 Jul 2012, 18:03 (Ref:3113372)   #12
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Granted I only watched the highlights, but for intrigue as to how it would pan out more than outright excitement I gave it a six. Which is probably about as good as Hungary could ever be.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 19:10 (Ref:3113386)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
1986 was great, although that was because of tyre degradation!
Old 29 Jul 2012, 19:57 (Ref:3113397)   #14
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually enjoy tactical battles. Therefore I'm happy that several strategy's with at least 2 stops are possible this year. That made it bearable, yes even enjoyable to watch IMO. Not a thriller though, and a bit dissapointing end. I hoped for Kimi to push Hamilton a bit harder at the end.

Old 29 Jul 2012, 20:18 (Ref:3113405)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yeah I only gave it 6, not a terrible day at the Hungaroring by any stretch but if an Enstone had won I can't help but feel there would be a lot more euphoria.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3113430)   #16
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Would've stood great in other seasons, but relative to most of 2012 this one lagged behind a bit.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 21:45 (Ref:3113441)   #17
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
"Interesting" battles, but no exciting ones.

4 from me.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 22:06 (Ref:3113446)   #18
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Why on earth do they still race on this goat track? I'd rather watch NASCARS drive round a clothes line than this dull procession. I fell asleep for 40 laps and missed precisely nothing ...
Old 29 Jul 2012, 22:12 (Ref:3113449)   #19
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Why on earth do they still race on this goat track? I'd rather watch NASCARS drive round a clothes line than this dull procession. I fell asleep for 40 laps and missed precisely nothing ...
Old 29 Jul 2012, 23:25 (Ref:3113467)   #20
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a good Hungarian GP
So it gets a 6, up from the normal 4

Seriously, this venue is no good for F1 unless it is wet
Old 29 Jul 2012, 23:34 (Ref:3113472)   #21
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
Quote:
Is there an echo in here?
Old 29 Jul 2012, 23:35 (Ref:3113474)   #22
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
5. A yawnathon of the first order.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 23:51 (Ref:3113482)   #23
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
That, and apparently yes!
Old 30 Jul 2012, 00:37 (Ref:3113494)   #24
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
7 because although I wouldn't want every race so lacking in overtaking, I found it curiously involving. There was always a fight for the podium. If all races were still something akin to this, this would be another "not as good as it could be" Grand Prix, but as it was, it was a charming experience. The lack of overtaking allowed me to appreciate the strategy. Maybe watching assorted Olympic sports has made me totally open minded, maybe I'm just pleased about my TV being set up in my new house or maybe I could be a chess fan- it did it for me. The last 15 laps weren't great though.

Rationally a 6, but sport isn't rational so I'll give it a 7 because that reflects how much I genuinely enjoyed it.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 01:58 (Ref:3113509)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Is there an echo in here?
Bernie, Bernie, Bernie...