Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 25 Jan 2013, 14:03 (Ref:3194199)   #1
tristancliffe
Veteran

United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
tristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bosch WINDarab

I'm teaching myself how to use this datalogging software, and I have V7 with the free licence. I've imported some data via ASCII files, but that has certain limitations over the normal data. I'm fairly comfortable with Race Technology, Racepak and AiM software, so I sort of know the basics.

I'd like to learn how to compare data, as well as finding my way around the software. It's not obvious if the free version can compare laps to see how much laptime is gained/lost in various places.

I was wondering if anyone had any sample data that I could play with? Hopefully I'd end up using it in an F3 environment, but I don't suppose the type of car makes any difference for sample data.

I don't know how compatible data from V6 is, but I'd hazard a guess that V7 could open V6 files.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11 Aug 2014, 11:49 (Ref:3443457)   #2
Firestarter
Rookie

Firestarter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

I am now in the same situation as Tristan. So teaching myself using WinDarab v7 free demo version. I would like to learn some basics and also to compare data, but there is no sample file to find.

Would be very nice and helpful if someone could help with sample files.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12 Aug 2014, 12:28 (Ref:3443674)   #3
RICE RACING
Rookie

RICE RACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll see what I can do for you since I work for Bosch, however I'm in China for work till the end of August, will stop off at the motorsport department and get a file for you if that suits, I am doing up some files for a MS4 ECU and DDU7 we have there.

Hopefully someone may be able to help you before then, if not I'll look at it when I get back.
Old 13 Aug 2014, 00:23 (Ref:3443833)   #4
RICE RACING
Rookie

OK here is the link for you, download this then open it up, will give you what you want. http://www.bosch-motorsport.de/media..._File_Demo.zip
Old 13 Aug 2014, 18:38 (Ref:3444042)   #5
Firestarter
Rookie

Hi Rice Racing,

thanks a lot for your help! Wow, your work sounds exciting since you are dealing with the MS4 Sport ECU system.

Thank you for the link! I found that file but I was afraid that this one is a bit beautified since it is free for download. But I am not pretty sure since I have not that huge experience with all that stuff.

Anayway, would be also very helphul to find some other files or at least an other additional file to have more to compare and gain experience.

Btw. I have sent you a pm too.

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards

Last edited by Firestarter; 13 Aug 2014 at 18:50.
Old 13 Aug 2014, 23:45 (Ref:3444088)   #6
RICE RACING
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
Hi Rice Racing,

thanks a lot for your help! Wow, your work sounds exciting since you are dealing with the MS4 Sport ECU system.

Thank you for the link! I found that file but I was afraid that this one is a bit beautified since it is free for download. But I am not pretty sure since I have not that huge experience with all that stuff.

Anayway, would be also very helphul to find some other files or at least an other additional file to have more to compare and gain experience.

Btw. I have sent you a pm too.

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards
No problem,

I am not in the motorsport department (yet) haha, but I go there and have access to all of the parts I'll ask for a direct more representative file that is non sensitive and see what I can do for you. Time is an issue as I will be away, but will do my best for you. Otherwise will go there in person when back from China.

Take care.

Peter

p.s. if you take a close look at the Porsche LMP1 car you will see it runs a bespoke Bosch control unit, but uses a Pectel DB1 RS-HE ! for analysis as Pi Toolbox is the best IMHO. NOTE: Still I am playing around WinDARAB to make my own assessment, but it does look like people go this way for a reason I already have all Pectel units myself (MQ12, ICD, DB1RS-HE, and Toolbox Professional), but since I started working for Bosch and have access to all the items I thought about changing over !

Last edited by RICE RACING; 13 Aug 2014 at 23:59. Reason: add info
Old 17 Aug 2014, 20:30 (Ref:3444850)   #7
Firestarter
Rookie

Would be awesome if you can manage to get a file or something in that direction. But if your are not diretcly within the motorsports departments it will be hard to get anything from them I think. But who knows

Yeah, I saw that there is a mix between Bosch and Pectel and that Pi is really on top, but it is better to concentrate on one software product at the beginning I think, so I decided to go with WinDarab.

If you have anything feel free to contact me

You can also write me a message. I have sent you one but I think that you didn't receive it.

Cheers
Old 31 Aug 2014, 14:36 (Ref:3449273)   #8
RICE RACING
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
Would be awesome if you can manage to get a file or something in that direction. But if your are not diretcly within the motorsports departments it will be hard to get anything from them I think. But who knows

Yeah, I saw that there is a mix between Bosch and Pectel and that Pi is really on top, but it is better to concentrate on one software product at the beginning I think, so I decided to go with WinDarab.

If you have anything feel free to contact me

You can also write me a message. I have sent you one but I think that you didn't receive it.

Cheers
Just got back from China yesterday so sorry I missed this....

The Bosch Au motorsports arm are running a course after the local F3 championship round at Philip Island and I have an invite to attend it on the 22nd of September. If I don't get something before then I'll try to when at that course for you. Cross fingers, see what happens.

Best to contact me on my company email
peter@riceracing.com.au
Old 30 Mar 2017, 07:34 (Ref:3722563)   #9
defuser
Rookie

defuser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, I am trying to get a hang of windarab, cant seem to find any user manuals for it, does anyone have a copy of a user manual for it ?

or point me in the direction of usable windarab learning materials / videos ?

thanks so much !
Old 30 Mar 2017, 07:42 (Ref:3722564)   #10
defuser
Rookie

defuser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok, i feel really stupid answering my own question, but ill leave this here for whoever needs it.

http://www.motorsport-systems.co.uk/...andbuchpdf.pdf
Old 30 Mar 2017, 08:30 (Ref:3722566)   #11
tristancliffe
Veteran

United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
tristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There isn't really a manual, and there aren't really any videos. Just got to play and fiddle. If you have any experience with other data analysis programs it should be fairly straightforward.
Old 3 Apr 2017, 13:46 (Ref:3723510)   #12
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, the Manual tells you pretty much everything, and the windarab Software is not that hard to use if you have used motec, AIM or PI before.

But what I still cant find is the "laptime Delta" fuction between 2 laps.
Old 3 Apr 2017, 13:57 (Ref:3723511)   #13
tristancliffe
Veteran

United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
Load two laps (from same or separate sessions).

Put data on a chart as normal. Speed, RPM etc.
In a section at the bottom put laptime channel.
Edit the properties of the chart (I forget the exact terms now) and select the Diff checkbox on one of the laptimes.

Bother. That's a rubbish explanation I think. Send me your email address and I'll send you a saved worksheet I use for laptime deltas.