Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 1 Jun 2013, 03:30 (Ref:3256259)   #1
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NASCAR Sprint Cup Round 13: Dover

400 miles at the Monster Mile this weekend.

http://www.jayski.com/news/races/201...SCAR-Race-Info

I wouldn't expect to see a cable operated camera this week. Maybe they will have Robosaurus come out and randomly select a driver's car for destruction.
Old 1 Jun 2013, 11:35 (Ref:3256365)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Dover
Old 2 Jun 2013, 11:19 (Ref:3256669)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reckon half the field will be lapped fairly early...
Old 2 Jun 2013, 17:36 (Ref:3256764)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Like Dover, but the place looks a third empty.

JGR mowing them all down ATM. Danica 2 laps down and counting...trying to take out another slower car and the leaders too.

Edit: Finally found a setting on my receiver where I cannot hear the Fox Force 3 and hear just about all motor.
Old 2 Jun 2013, 18:31 (Ref:3256775)   #5
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nothing exciting here yet. I will check back with tv about 30 to go.
Listening to Danica on the scanner at raceview. Clearly not one
of her favorite tracks.
Old 2 Jun 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3256800)   #6
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, they've been talking alot about the Toyota engine problems much of the race. Now, Ryan Newman wrecks David Gilliland on purpose while wrecking himself in the process. I thought those two were gonna brawl for a moment.
Old 2 Jun 2013, 20:37 (Ref:3256821)   #7
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There we go Smoke !
Old 2 Jun 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3256822)   #8
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dammit all to hell.
Old 2 Jun 2013, 20:39 (Ref:3256823)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good win for Smoke. Great run for JPM. He needs a better piece.
Old 2 Jun 2013, 20:46 (Ref:3256830)   #10
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Damn, I feel so bad for Montoya, his win will soon come!

anyway, When they interviewed Jeff Gordon, I just couldn't stop think about their swap back in 2003:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_IfM5X7QIU

And since 6 years ago, they have been competing with eachother...
Old 2 Jun 2013, 20:47 (Ref:3256832)   #11
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
See? The sport isn't rigged for JJ at all. Otherwise he would have have been black flagged for jumping the restart.

IMO, the race was definitely worth the watch. Very different comers and goers and any of the top 3-4 could have had this at the end.

Well, is anyone excited for TNT (or whoever it is) to take over for the next 6-8 races? I'm not. I actually prefer the Fox feel to them. Maybe I prefer ESPN the most.

Last edited by MJ_N_09; 2 Jun 2013 at 20:56.
Old 2 Jun 2013, 20:47 (Ref:3256833)   #12
canamman
Veteran

United States
Jimmie J said he was half throttle down the whole front straight
on the restart he jumped. Funniest thing I have heard all year!

Old 2 Jun 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3256841)   #13
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Jimmie J said he was half throttle down the whole front straight
on the restart he jumped. Funniest thing I have heard all year!

Heard him say that on MRN, and Um yeah, JJ....sorry, but you messed up.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 2 Jun 2013 at 21:22.
Old 2 Jun 2013, 22:10 (Ref:3256862)   #14
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
You do appreciate the ESPN (NASCAR) team when they come around.

Poor Johnson was left out to dry. Montoya did well. He seems to be gradually upping his game.
Old 3 Jun 2013, 04:01 (Ref:3256934)   #15
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ESPN is by far the best!
Old 3 Jun 2013, 06:45 (Ref:3256960)   #16
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
ESPN sucks. Boogity for life.
Old 3 Jun 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3257318)   #17
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Montoya has caught the attention of Yahoo! editors, who are thrilled that he now has the cars that can win races and that his first oval win is near. For all I know, he could wildcard right into the Chase if he and Ganassi keep this up.
Old 4 Jun 2013, 12:09 (Ref:3257573)   #18
mrfizz
Rookie

England
West Bromwich
mrfizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ESPN the best for me.

Anyway, i dunno about you guys but Ryan Newman is really beginning to get on my t*ts. You can guarantee a right old moan after a superspeedway race, and now he's taking to wrecking people because they dare to race him. He may be with a well funded team but Gilliland isn't and his team doesn't deserve to have their car wrecked by an underperforming driver with ideas above the level he's at right now.

I was itching for Gilliland to give him a right hook!
Old 4 Jun 2013, 14:32 (Ref:3257626)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfizz View Post
ESPN the best for me.

Anyway, i dunno about you guys but Ryan Newman is really beginning to get on my t*ts. You can guarantee a right old moan after a superspeedway race, and now he's taking to wrecking people because they dare to race him. He may be with a well funded team but Gilliland isn't and his team doesn't deserve to have their car wrecked by an underperforming driver with ideas above the level he's at right now.

I was itching for Gilliland to give him a right hook!
Agreed. All counts. ESPN is far better than FOX, Ryan had no right to dump David and wish that David slapped him. However, I think Ryan does pushups so probably a wise choice not to.
Old 4 Jun 2013, 15:45 (Ref:3257652)   #20
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ESPN went from Punch to Reid to Bestwick

They're the best at actually covering RACES.
Old 4 Jun 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3257654)   #21
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Agreed. All counts. ESPN is far better than FOX, Ryan had no right to dump David and wish that David slapped him. However, I think Ryan does pushups so probably a wise choice not to.
Ryan Newman does pushups? Look at the guy, the only fitness training he's done is walking from his car in the garage area to the concession stand.
Old 4 Jun 2013, 17:17 (Ref:3257683)   #22
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Ryan Newman does pushups? Look at the guy, the only fitness training he's done is walking from his car in the garage area to the concession stand.
I am sure the guy has gotten a free Bloomin' Onion a time or 2. We haven't had that opportunity much this year. I am sure the is a little flub under the suit, but point is, I think he could break Gilliland over his knee.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 11:56 (Ref:3257988)   #23
mrfizz
Rookie

England
West Bromwich
mrfizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I am sure the guy has gotten a free Bloomin' Onion a time or 2. We haven't had that opportunity much this year. I am sure the is a little flub under the suit, but point is, I think he could break Gilliland over his knee.
I guess Newman is the sort of guy who would relish a fistfight at a local dirt track, and would probably knock David Gilliland into next week. Still, would have liked to have seen David lay one on him, even if it would have been about as much use as hitting a bear with a drinks straw.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 20:09 (Ref:3260575)   #24
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Gilliland always seemed like the guy who'd rather talk and assert himself instead of using his fists. That's not to say that Newman deserved to have the lights knocked out of him.