Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 26 Jun 2013, 17:37 (Ref:3270112)   #1
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aston Martin Centenary Meeting - 6-7 July 2013 Brands Hatch (Sat Indy / Sun GP)

Race timetable

Indy on Saturday and GP on Sunday.

See folks there

Dave
Old 3 Jul 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3273267)   #2
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
timetable 2a
Old 3 Jul 2013, 11:51 (Ref:3273331)   #3
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
entry list is pretty good too. Shame I can not link to it from work PC

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....89&postcount=8
Old 3 Jul 2013, 15:57 (Ref:3273436)   #4
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
just to save people a couple of extra clicks then

http://www.msv.com/media/2084781/ast...ntry_lists.pdf

looking somewhat like pages from the meeting programme
Old 4 Jul 2013, 13:52 (Ref:3273837)   #5
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some very good grids and very nice machinery in prospect, and it's looking a good weekend weather-wise too. Am there on Sunday, don't forget the suncream everyone!
Old 4 Jul 2013, 18:04 (Ref:3273945)   #6
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks very good all round. Should be there both days. In Memory of their stupendous effort at the Le Mans 24hrs, I've swapped my Ferrari for a Toyota.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 22:30 (Ref:3274056)   #7
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not too sure about two 1hr and 40 mins races but looks an OK meeting - bring plenty of drinks and sun cream - Sunday is going to be Hot! Hot! Hot!
Old 5 Jul 2013, 07:09 (Ref:3274133)   #8
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Booked myself a shady spot, 3 litres in the bag - hundred minute races of > 20 on Indy, 30 on GP) Aston Vantage GT4s - not a problem.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 21:18 (Ref:3275069)   #9
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone get to this meeting?

I was there on the Saturday as my son was karting, but included were 2 general admission tickets to the event. Between his sessions we enjoyed the qualifying and races. Watching the 1930s cars racing left me in no doubt that it is true that the drivers do these cars justice - they really do race them hard! One of the more curious highlights was to find my wife to be something of the crash magnet - one of the GT4s collecting the barrier fairly hard rear-end first (driver ok) not more than 4 meters from where we were stood, and then 2 cars off later in the day bringing out the red flags.

The weather was blistering sunshine and copious amounts of factor 50 were applied.

Not sure if this will work... but here goes..

Old 8 Jul 2013, 04:57 (Ref:3275202)   #10
Barry P
Rookie

England
Seaford, East Sussex
Barry P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bravo,As you say it went in hard, I was even nearer than you, just behind the armco barrier. Nice to see the driver walk away, when the dust had settled (pun intended). Great work by all involved in what were initially dangerous circumstances until the red flag was out.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 07:59 (Ref:3275257)   #11
graham allen
Rookie

United Kingdom
kent
graham allen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As one of the "thirties" drivers on the Saturday I would like to thank all the marshalls for such great work in sweltering heat, it allowed a fantastic day of racing. Very much appreciated.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 08:07 (Ref:3275265)   #12
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I did the Allstars race first up on Sat . . . . then had to split pronto to an old friends wedding, thanks to everyone, it was very warm indeed out there by mid day

Mad dogs and Englishmen!
Old 8 Jul 2013, 08:41 (Ref:3275284)   #13
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was in my little Fiat Abarth in the Touring Greats race last thing on Sunday. Thanks to all the marshals who endured soaring temperatures and plenty of work in the day.

I had a superb race with my class mate Moggy Minor who eventually won the fight after my baby Fiat suffered a head gasket failure. Thanks to the chaps I stood with for looking after me and putting up with me as I shouted support to husband Jason driving our Lancia Aurelia to a great 3rd in class.

Thank as ever chaps - we are indebted to your hard work and great humour. Hope you enjoyed the racing!
Old 8 Jul 2013, 09:34 (Ref:3275298)   #14
Richard Jones
Rookie

United Kingdom
Brighton
Richard Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo View Post
Did anyone get to this meeting?

I was there on the Saturday as my son was karting, but included were 2 general admission tickets to the event. Between his sessions we enjoyed the qualifying and races. Watching the 1930s cars racing left me in no doubt that it is true that the drivers do these cars justice - they really do race them hard! One of the more curious highlights was to find my wife to be something of the crash magnet - one of the GT4s collecting the barrier fairly hard rear-end first (driver ok) not more than 4 meters from where we were stood, and then 2 cars off later in the day bringing out the red flags.

The weather was blistering sunshine and copious amounts of factor 50 were applied.

Not sure if this will work... but here goes..

One of the highlights was watching Bruno Senna taking this Aston out for a few demo laps on Sunday. It sounded amazing
Old 8 Jul 2013, 10:35 (Ref:3275315)   #15
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to all the orange army and colleagues enduring the heat for hours and hours this weekend, especially the lonely posts out on the GP circuit, as we don't get chance to wave thanks at the end of the race! We had a great time and achieved Agatha the A105's best results yet in HRDC Touring Greats.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 11:34 (Ref:3275344)   #16
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
A little warm and no shade but what a fantastic weekend.... so big thanks to all involved. Great cars, good grids, some cracking racing.

Cheers to the team on P9 over the weekend for the the work and the company - pleasure to work with you. Special mention for our Taster Day marshal who quickly got stuck in on Sunday including assisting on track with the cars coming off end of session - look forward to seeing her back on the bank soon.

See folks around

Dave
Old 8 Jul 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3275469)   #17
kskitt
Rookie

kskitt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

Hello there

Was just wondering if anyone can give me an update on the marshal who was taken ill on Saturday? My dad was on the post with him and wanted to make sure he is ok
Old 8 Jul 2013, 21:33 (Ref:3275586)   #18
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry P View Post
Bravo,As you say it went in hard, I was even nearer than you, just behind the armco barrier. Nice to see the driver walk away, when the dust had settled (pun intended). Great work by all involved in what were initially dangerous circumstances until the red flag was out.
The last time I had a car coming direct for me was Maro Engel in a British F3, wheels interlocked with Niall Breen coming into Clervaux. They didn't quite make the barrier, but did seem to launch a cars worth of gravel over the armco. I was worried to have a similar thing happen with the GT4 but it seemed to skim across the top for the most part. That might account for the weight of his impact. My wife was impressed with how quickly and efficiently you all handled the incident. Top work guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN5ZyYZMnWU
Old 8 Jul 2013, 22:04 (Ref:3275599)   #19
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks to all the drivers for their kind words and having such great races in fine machinery. Thanks to all on post 8 over the weekend, especially taster day Laura, who became my fellow rag and stick merchant on Sunday and really enjoyed it.
Thanks to all for the impeccably observed minutes silence on Sunday.
Shame they didn't let an ice cream van come round at lunchtime!
Old 8 Jul 2013, 22:10 (Ref:3275601)   #20
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskitt View Post
Hello there

Was just wondering if anyone can give me an update on the marshal who was taken ill on Saturday? My dad was on the post with him and wanted to make sure he is ok
Get him to contact Mildred or Peter - here isn't the place to discuss this sort of thing.
Old 9 Jul 2013, 08:12 (Ref:3275749)   #21
Tall Chris
Racer

England
Headcorn
Tall Chris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deley View Post
A little warm and no shade but what a fantastic weekend.... so big thanks to all involved. Great cars, good grids, some cracking racing.

Cheers to the team on P9 over the weekend for the the work and the company - pleasure to work with you. Special mention for our Taster Day marshal who quickly got stuck in on Sunday including assisting on track with the cars coming off end of session - look forward to seeing her back on the bank soon.

See folks around

Dave
As a bit of a part timer for this one (I was at Lydden on Saturday), had a really great day on 9 on Sunday - even the 100 minute race finished too soon. Great racing, appreciative drivers and a great team on post.

Really good to be on post with Bob, Dave and Cas again, and nice to meet Alex and Sarah our Taster Day marshal - lots of laughs and lots of enthusiasm.

Hope the weather holds for the HSCC
Old 9 Jul 2013, 09:00 (Ref:3275764)   #22
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As already said above, brilliant meeting, beautiful cars, friendly and appreciative drivers, large grids. Well done to the startline crew, led by Bev, with Nick, Cheryl, Matt, Roger, Georgina, Paul, Colin, Mark, all who helped Darryll with a busy pitlane including many "guests".

Unfortunately this will be my last Brands Hatch meeting for some time now, for medical reasons, although I still have the Goodwood Festival to go. Stay safe everyone.
Old 11 Jul 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3276723)   #23
brina
Rookie

United Kingdom
woking
brina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to the guys on post 4 on Saturday and post 16 on Sunday! Had a quiet weekend but it was great to see some fantastic cars in the glorious sunshine!!