Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Jun 2008, 13:50 (Ref:2237258)   #1
gtvsaviour
Rookie

United Kingdom
Brussels
gtvsaviour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT6 (ex Iain Gorrie)

I've just recently purchased this....

interior

with these

and was informed that it may be an ex modsports racer......
Could anyone shed any light on this/move it to the correct place/give any tips on where to look/who to speak with as I recommission it and look to a road/track return.

Many Thanks

John
Old 25 Jun 2008, 16:22 (Ref:2237360)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome John. I'll move it to Historics to see if they have any ideas. I like it BTW.
Old 26 Jun 2008, 14:07 (Ref:2238038)   #3
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The name 'Iain Gorrie' rings a bell here.
Old 26 Jun 2008, 15:42 (Ref:2238105)   #4
gtvsaviour
Rookie

United Kingdom
Brussels
Thanks Dan - it is in fact Mr Gorries old steed. I've just spoken with him and he's going to help fill in the blanks etc...
Great to talk to him and hoping to get to Mallory July 20th as he's racing there.

Could a mod alter the title to read GT6 - ex Iain Gorrie - for me please.

Thanks again, apologies for putting original post in the wrong place

John
Old 26 Jun 2008, 17:13 (Ref:2238165)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Title changed, as requested. I'm just wondering whether this might be better in Motorsport History if you are asking about its past. On the otherhand if you are about to tell us what is going to happen to it in the future, maybe we'll leave it here.
Old 27 Jun 2008, 08:11 (Ref:2238550)   #6
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been racing a GT6 for 11 years now and owned one a further 10 years before that but have not encountered this before - however! I showed this thread to a fellow racer who has been involved in Triumph racing since the early '80's and he believes this car was owned by someone called Ross Matthew from Dunstable. Reckons the car was in Ross' garden for some years in early '80's.

Does anyone know whatever happened to the Windmill Plastics modsports GT6?

Good luck with the rebuild I look forward to seeing it recommissioned and out in the historic modsports series when it takes off.
Old 27 Jun 2008, 09:20 (Ref:2238593)   #7
gtvsaviour
Rookie

United Kingdom
Brussels
I'm doing some of the history, just for the fun of it - it will most certainly be rebuilt to (I hope) original spec. As for taking part in the championship, I've already sent off for the MSA pack and will need to see about how I'd arrange being back from Brussels every time! Won't be so simple.
I'll keep this thread updated as the work progresses. Looking to get it into the 'shed' end August.
Iain confirmed the car - as he even knew where I'd bought it from! So don't think it's the Dunstable motor, Iain was certain this has led the whole of it's life in the North/North East area.

Thanks for your input - will keep you updated.

John