Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Drifting

Old 5 Apr 2006, 00:20 (Ref:1571012)   #1
BigDaddy
Rookie

Australia
Victoria
BigDaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drifting

Is there a drifting forum on 10-tenths? If so where is it? If not, why not?
Old 5 Apr 2006, 06:45 (Ref:1571107)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
We would be happy to have a Drifting forum if enough people were interested in discussing it.

So far, I think you're the only person who's brought it up! If you can find enough like minded people, we can certainly look at setting up a forum for it.
Old 5 Apr 2006, 06:50 (Ref:1571111)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We had a request for this before and at the time there didn't seem much in the way of interest at the time. I gathered that a lot of the drifting community had their own forums as they saw themselves as "underground" and detached from the mainstream of motorsport.

If there were enough requests then we'd be more than happy to give it a try.
Old 5 Apr 2006, 08:08 (Ref:1571156)   #4
BigDaddy
Rookie

Australia
Victoria
I see your point MagnetOn, there are a lot of drifting forums about, but drifting is becoming more and more mainstream. I see your point, and I am happy to discuss it here.

<snip>
Cheers

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 5 Apr 2006 at 08:15. Reason: Sorry - no links to other forums please.
Old 5 Apr 2006, 09:19 (Ref:1571218)   #5
BigDaddy
Rookie

Australia
Victoria
Drifters Welcome

I think we need a thread to talk about Drifting, just in case there are people interested, cause I know some people are.
Old 5 Apr 2006, 15:45 (Ref:1571494)   #6
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Give the Drifters their own forum. Its not National & Club Racing material thats for sure.
Old 6 Apr 2006, 01:24 (Ref:1571855)   #7
BigDaddy
Rookie

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid
Was this an accidental repeat as you said exactly this some 5 hours earlier
There was much debate over the drifting thread, some threads were deleted some brought back and some moved, thats why the repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Griffin
Give the Drifters their own forum. Its not National & Club Racing material thats for sure.
I agree, but it was in the Road Car Forum and it definately doesn't belong there. Drifiting on the streets and public roads is highly illegal and dangerous, and I think you will find that 99% of competitive drifters are totally against using public roads.
Old 6 Apr 2006, 07:35 (Ref:1571961)   #8
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love drifting, it has bumped up the value of my Corolla (AE86) about ten fold.

Must stick it on eBay for £15K some time and see if some idiot is stupid enough to buy it! With 218BHP and terminal throttle induced oversteer when you fit a rear anti roll bar it would clean up. Shame it is then 1.5 seconds a lap SLOWER round Thruxton.

Give them their own forum, it really isn't 'racing' but is still a valid motorsport requiring significant skill, both driving and car preparation.

I also expect it will become massive in quite a short space of time.
Old 6 Apr 2006, 09:31 (Ref:1572032)   #9
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps if we got extra points in a race for "artistic impression" or "just doing a full on Gerry", then we'd be interested in it.

As Al has said, it's a tyre company led thing that has grown out of all proportion. Innit.

What is sad, is that most of the kids who follow it drive FWD cars..... aren't they missing something?

Ahh neon's under the car... I've just fitted two 75w strip lights, but where can I get a long extension lead for use around Brands GP?

I'll have to take the fuel tank out to fit the bass box... darnit.

Go on then, their own forum under "Other Motorsports" - where Hillclimbing should be in my opinion.
Old 11 May 2006, 09:30 (Ref:1605817)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Bassom
Funny, thought this thread was entitled "Drifting Discussion" and it was on a Discussion Forum!
It is also in National & Club RACING
Old 12 May 2006, 16:30 (Ref:1607213)   #11
Mark Twain
Rookie

Mark Twain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Where should it be then squire, share your wisdom with us, if you have any.......
Old 13 May 2006, 07:30 (Ref:1607659)   #12
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I'm not complaining about it as I think it has in fact been a good discussion, I was just replying to Big Daddies post critisising us discussing the subject or the tone of the discussion.
Old 13 May 2006, 10:23 (Ref:1607800)   #13
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We have the Hillclimbers and Sprinters among us in this part of the forum, and that's not racing per se.

Had this thread not started, I wouldn't have given drifting a second thought. Now I'm starting to wonder.... might be worth it for the PR.....

Rob.
Old 13 May 2006, 12:24 (Ref:1607862)   #14
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
AGAIN I stress I was not complaining about it being discussed here just pointing out the fact that it was in a RACING forum in reply to Big Daddies snipe at the thread and content. I repeat I think it has been a GOOD discussion and maybe it should have its own segment maybe lump it in with all other speed events like Hill climbing, Slaloms and Sprints, oh and I may come and join you Rob as it sounds like cheapish fun! :-)
Old 15 May 2006, 23:38 (Ref:1611087)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok, folks, I think we've all got that straight, now! Nobody's complaing, and Nat & Club is generally acknowledged as the 'everything else' forum (on the grounds that 'everything else' tends to be run by people of the same general mindset as Nat & Club - doing it for fun, maybe spending big bucks or maybe not, doesn't matter as long as you're enjoying your sport, whatever it is.

So back to this drifting business... Anyone going to actually talk about the sport?
Old 16 May 2006, 06:31 (Ref:1611194)   #16
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thats the problem Wooley, there ain't much you can say about it, oh wow did you see Mark WhatsHisFace he just went 50yards with his wheels spinning, big deal!
Old 16 May 2006, 06:53 (Ref:1611215)   #17
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thats the problem Wooley, there ain't much you can say about it, oh wow did you see Mark WhatsHisFace he just went 50yards with his wheels spinning, big deal!
Here we go again.
Old 22 May 2006, 08:24 (Ref:1616061)   #18
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
having seen a very impressive demonstration by some of the uk's top drift people at castle combe on saturday (driftworks) I'd have to take back my earlier comment and maybe there should be a drifiting section these guys are serirous about their motor sport.
Old 27 May 2006, 21:02 (Ref:1620251)   #19
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycrosscraig
having seen a very impressive demonstration by some of the uk's top drift people at castle combe on saturday (driftworks) I'd have to take back my earlier comment and maybe there should be a drifiting section these guys are serirous about their motor sport.
Got no problem with that what so ever, give em a forum.
Old 9 Jul 2006, 23:24 (Ref:1651802)   #20
BigDaddy
Rookie

Australia
Victoria
YAY! We got one!!

Thank you to all those involved that made this happen, love it or hate it at least we have a home now!
Old 10 Jul 2006, 07:56 (Ref:1651957)   #21
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Well, we'll have to see! As per my announcement, the forum's survival depends on getting posts! So you'd better bring some friends over BD!
Old 10 Jul 2006, 22:08 (Ref:1652965)   #22
BigDaddy
Rookie

Australia
Victoria
I help promote and run Drift events, and I have tried to get some people to come here and post before we had our own forum, people read all the negativity towards Drifting so they just didn't bother in the end. Of course I will do my best to get a crew together.
Old 28 Aug 2006, 18:21 (Ref:1695666)   #23
Phil Morrison
Rookie

Phil Morrison should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycrosscraig

Hi . I'm glad you enjoyed the shows, Castle Combe is a nuts track. That was the 2nd time I'd driven there, and I can't get enough of the Japfest crowds response to what we were doing..
All we ask of people is to actually check out what it is we do before passing comment, so thanks for your retraction