Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jan 2013, 13:06 (Ref:3188945)   #26
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis Winning a race for Mercedes

If the boys at Brackley build Lewis and Nico a half decent or better car, Lewis will do an Alonso and put it higher up the grid than expected. It won't take long for Mercedes to realise that Lewis was the better option compared to MS. But that is another thread !!

So yes, I would love to see Lewis grab a win. He will get one, maybe two.
If Ross and co go radical like 2009, you never know. Who would have put money on Jenson Winning the WDC?
Old 14 Jan 2013, 13:25 (Ref:3188956)   #27
rochellegioia
Rookie

rochellegioia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want Hamilton to win but I don't like guessing, I'll just wait and see what will happen. Goodluck to Hamilton
Old 14 Jan 2013, 16:53 (Ref:3189038)   #28
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I think he'll win a race, but, generally, it will be another frustrating season for AMG Mercedes.
Old 14 Jan 2013, 20:27 (Ref:3189118)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My guess is no, but I'm not confident of that at all.
Old 14 Jan 2013, 20:43 (Ref:3189129)   #30
DanMinton
Rookie

United Kingdom
Staines
DanMinton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he can win but im more interested to see how much quicker he is than Nico.
Old 14 Jan 2013, 21:03 (Ref:3189143)   #31
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
If Nico can win a race in that car then Lewis can win one also, maybe two..
Old 14 Jan 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3189163)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I considered that, but I expect Red Bull to hit the ground running this year...
Old 14 Jan 2013, 22:21 (Ref:3189174)   #33
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nope.
Old 14 Jan 2013, 22:38 (Ref:3189184)   #34
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
If Nico can win a race in that car then Lewis can win one also, maybe two..
But the point is from what I hear (and it's a good source) that the 2013 will not be a rehash of what we saw last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I considered that, but I expect Red Bull to hit the ground running this year...
It may be bluff, but they are saying they are behind schedule with their 2013 car because they had to put so much into continued development of the 2012 version to get Vettel's third title.

Whichever way it develops, it will certainly add interest to the opening part of the season at least.
Old 14 Jan 2013, 23:55 (Ref:3189218)   #35
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think we will have to wait and see if it happens...
Old 15 Jan 2013, 01:26 (Ref:3189250)   #36
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
It may be bluff, but they are saying they are behind schedule with their 2013 car because they had to put so much into continued development of the 2012 version to get Vettel's third title.
To add to that. It will also be interesting to see who gives up on the 2013 season first, in order to put all of their efforts into 2014.
Old 15 Jan 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3189341)   #37
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 2013 Merecedes will be much better than the 2012 car. Where that will stack up against the oppositions new cars is the question no-one knows. Merc kept only a skeleton staff on the 2012 car from mid-season, and a lot of resource has gone into the 2013 car, and there is a LOT of confidence that this season is going to be a strong one for them. There are people at the factory that are less than ammused that their new driver has been less than positive about his chances in this team for 2013. I wouldn't be surprised to see Merc in the title hunt, so yes, race wins are the MINIMUM expectation for this season.
Old 15 Jan 2013, 11:09 (Ref:3189362)   #38
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
The 2013 Merecedes will be much better than the 2012 car. Where that will stack up against the oppositions new cars is the question no-one knows. Merc kept only a skeleton staff on the 2012 car from mid-season, and a lot of resource has gone into the 2013 car, and there is a LOT of confidence that this season is going to be a strong one for them. There are people at the factory that are less than ammused that their new driver has been less than positive about his chances in this team for 2013. I wouldn't be surprised to see Merc in the title hunt, so yes, race wins are the MINIMUM expectation for this season.
Same old same old.
Old 15 Jan 2013, 11:27 (Ref:3189369)   #39
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, from one single win to fight for the title, meaning at least 5 to 6 wins, it's a lot of expectation.

But one will remember the days of Brawn GP...
Old 15 Jan 2013, 12:52 (Ref:3189397)   #40
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post

But one will remember the days of Brawn GP...
Well yeah, but once the others had sussed out what was happening, it wasn't long before the Brawn was made to look the second, third or even the fourth best car by the end of that season. It was good while it lasted, but never to be repeated again over the next three seasons.

Only if Mercedes have managed to figure out what was going wrong last season, will they have figured out what is needed for this season, and this season there won't be the scenario that gave us seven different winners in the first seven races like last season gave us. No one is likely to 'luck' into victories this season.
Old 15 Jan 2013, 12:52 (Ref:3189398)   #41
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it's difficult (but enjoyable) to speculate. Once the cars hit the track, we'll get some ideas of course.
Old 15 Jan 2013, 13:12 (Ref:3189402)   #42
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I think it's difficult (but enjoyable) to speculate. Once the cars hit the track, we'll get some ideas of course.
Until the season (or at least testing) starts speculating is all that we can do.
It is good fun, and interesting to read peoples differing thoughts, plus it keeps our interest alive.
Old 15 Jan 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3189426)   #43
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
.It may be bluff, but they are saying they are behind schedule with their 2013 car because they had to put so much into continued development of the 2012 version to get Vettel's third title.
(not pointed at you mate)

Red Bull went to the wire in 2010 trying to get their first 2 championships (drivers and constructors) then they came out with the 2011 which destroyed everybody (in Vettel's hands at least).
Old 15 Jan 2013, 15:24 (Ref:3189443)   #44
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
(not pointed at you mate)

Red Bull went to the wire in 2010 trying to get their first 2 championships (drivers and constructors) then they came out with the 2011 which destroyed everybody (in Vettel's hands at least).
No problem, but thanks for the comment. I did say it might be bluff.
Old 15 Jan 2013, 22:33 (Ref:3189621)   #45
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
But the point is from what I hear (and it's a good source) that the 2013 will not be a rehash of what we saw last year.It may be bluff, but they are saying they are behind schedule with their 2013 car because they had to put so much into continued development of the 2012 version to get Vettel's third title.

Whichever way it develops, it will certainly add interest to the opening part of the season at least.
Good points. As said by others too the balance could shift either way.

Mercedes had the worse car, but potentially had more time to develop. Red Bull the better car, but less time. Who knows?!
Old 15 Jan 2013, 23:14 (Ref:3189648)   #46
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Well yeah, but once the others had sussed out what was happening, it wasn't long before the Brawn was made to look the second, third or even the fourth best car by the end of that season. It was good while it lasted, but never to be repeated again over the next three seasons.

Only if Mercedes have managed to figure out what was going wrong last season, will they have figured out what is needed for this season, and this season there won't be the scenario that gave us seven different winners in the first seven races like last season gave us. No one is likely to 'luck' into victories this season.

The greatest negative about Hamilton getting a victory in 2013 is Schumacher's resignation.
I think he no longer believes that Bawn/Mercedes has what it needs to take the WDC, and on that basis has pulled the plug.
Haug is also out of the program which can't be good for anyone involved.

Lewis is quick, but will have his work cut out. Maybe the question should be: Will Lewis get a pole or not?
Old 16 Jan 2013, 01:04 (Ref:3189680)   #47
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
The greatest negative about Hamilton getting a victory in 2013 is Schumacher's resignation.
I think he no longer believes that Bawn/Mercedes has what it needs to take the WDC, and on that basis has pulled the plug.
Haug is also out of the program which can't be good for anyone involved.

Lewis is quick, but will have his work cut out. Maybe the question should be: Will Lewis get a pole or not?
With all due respect that is....

The Mercedes is very quick, not as quick as the the other three cars but not very far away..
Old 16 Jan 2013, 09:42 (Ref:3189843)   #48
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Mercedes used a 50% scale windtunnel then switched to a 60% scale tunnel in the season. That played a big part in the car falling back. Also they changed hands on the aero team. Then they chased the McLaren style exhaust that never gave them the benefits they expected.
Old 16 Jan 2013, 14:36 (Ref:3189973)   #49
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
With all due respect that is....

The Mercedes is very quick, not as quick as the the other three cars but not very far away..
That would be four teams, eight cars and that is exactly where Rosberg finished in the WDC, ninth.

Mercedes 5th in WCC on 142 points vs Renault in 4th on 303 points. Not too far clear of Sauber on 126 points.
Old 16 Jan 2013, 21:58 (Ref:3190161)   #50
jj2448jg
Rookie

United Kingdom
Nuneaton
jj2448jg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really cannot tell if this Mercedes thing for Lewis is going to work out until at least the end of winter testing, but from gut reaction, I do think he will win maybe 1-3 races, a Schumacher 1996 scenario.

But, I will always be sad to think that it could have been Schumi driving that car.