Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 29 May 2008, 22:36 (Ref:2214969)   #51
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Got to bide my time a little. September probably.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 15:54 (Ref:2317658)   #52
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The deed is done.

Subaru Impreza 2.5 WRX STI 330S.

(That's a special edition that adds some goodies and a performance upgrade and will look more or less exactly like the one in the pic).

It arrives in 3 weeks or so...
Attached Thumbnails
image39638_b.jpg  
Old 21 Oct 2008, 20:35 (Ref:2317864)   #53
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
That's fantastic, well done! Is the special edition a Prodrive one?

I can't find a green with envy smilie so this will have to do.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 21:01 (Ref:2317880)   #54
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
Is the special edition a Prodrive one?
Yep, Prodrive Performance Pack takes power from 300 to 330PS and torque from 300 to 347lb/ft, both lower down the rev range.

Basically an ecu remap and performance exhaust (which makes it sound like a proper Impreza should... )

Can't wait!
Old 22 Oct 2008, 13:24 (Ref:2318317)   #55
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I have a PPP on my RB5 and the modifications sound very similar. They are all you need. I took mine up to Northants on Saturday to see some friends and it's still a joy to drive.

Let us know how you get on.
Old 22 Oct 2008, 16:52 (Ref:2318438)   #56
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Will do.

The RB5 is one of my favourites of the classic limited editions. I had a Terzo back then with similar mods (aftermarket rather than Prodrive though).
Old 26 Oct 2008, 18:26 (Ref:2321200)   #57
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont know if anyone reads evo but they have a comparison in this months magazine of the 22b vs the new STI 330 its an intresting read.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 21:34 (Ref:2321327)   #58
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Yep, read that. Bit nostalgic about the 22B I thought, cos it got a bit of a slating as a new car. And the 22Bs were all running FAR more than the stated 280PS - more like 350PS, so little wonder it feels a bit sharper!
Old 27 Oct 2008, 06:01 (Ref:2321509)   #59
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The good old days of the Japanese manufacturers' "gentleman's agreement"...
Old 27 Oct 2008, 11:09 (Ref:2321698)   #60
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875
The good old days of the Japanese manufacturers' "gentleman's agreement"...

I can imagine the final meeting of manufacturers.

"So, are any of you actually sticking to this any more?"

"No."

"Shall we scrap it then?"

"Yes."

Old 7 Nov 2008, 22:00 (Ref:2330332)   #61
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Had it since Saturday.

OH. MY. GOD!!!
Attached Thumbnails
P1020019.JPG  
Old 8 Nov 2008, 00:13 (Ref:2330421)   #62
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I never thought I'd warm to the new shape... but that looks awesome. Especially those front arches.
Old 8 Nov 2008, 03:18 (Ref:2330478)   #63
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon
Had it since Saturday.

OH. MY. GOD!!!
Play around with the diff settings and the SI Drive yet?
Old 8 Nov 2008, 10:30 (Ref:2330563)   #64
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
A little. Think I'll get a little more used to it before I mess about with the diff too much ... there's not alot of room for going sideways on the roads around here...
Old 8 Nov 2008, 11:12 (Ref:2330576)   #65
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shame they couldn't get that front wing to fit properly. OK I'll stop, I just wanted to join in. Everyone has been a little unfair to you garcon.

A great car. How's the first week with it been? Still getting up early for a run?
Old 8 Nov 2008, 17:11 (Ref:2330688)   #66
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
A little. Think I'll get a little more used to it before I mess about with the diff too much ... there's not alot of room for going sideways on the roads around here...
Auto + will put 50/50 down and i find with that it accelerates quickly and springs off of corners but there is more understeer. Auto - will go more 43/57 and the car will be a little more tail happy. Also you should notice the difference with the SI Drive settings. Probably the best thing is to take it to a track and play around with it. Some drivers didn't think the diff settings made a difference, but I felt it was noticeable, especially in the rain. Last year I probably rode or drove about 5000 laps on tracks in the 2008 model.

The vehicle dynamic control works pretty well. The engineers told me if you turn it off, it's not completely off in that it should kick in right before the moment of totally loosing it. I found on rainy, slick hairpins, you can easily do hand brake turns.

There are going to be some changes for 2010 as there were certain things people did not like and I understand a decision has been made to go back to a 4 door option as well despite the 5 door being better dynamically with better weight distribution and aero. People thought the 2008 WRX was too soft and slow so already Subaru released the 2009 WRX which has better suspension and 40hp+. I spent some time with that and it's a big difference.
Old 9 Nov 2008, 00:52 (Ref:2330874)   #67
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Easy to say paycuts havnt happened at EDS
Old 14 Nov 2008, 01:39 (Ref:2334630)   #68
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
So, does it still sound like it's running on 3 cylinders? :P
Old 14 Nov 2008, 14:26 (Ref:2334867)   #69
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Yes.

Cryos - no paycuts no (unless you count the lack of payrises), but I must admit it's a bit of a punt in respect of whether I'll be one of the 3378...

P.S. Are you in a union? I'll send you some details if not...
Old 21 Nov 2008, 17:33 (Ref:2339023)   #70
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Used to be in IBOA

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..