Quote:
Originally Posted by rika View Post
Mercedes loves 1. Mercedes driver 2. Mercedes driver

Where were you in the Bottas years?
Old 4 Aug 2023, 18:12 (Ref:4171370)   #77
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

The strange thing is that Checo seemed to be (nearly) good enough earlier in the season but has fallen away badly. Max is supreme in a car which he knows can win him every race and he knows full well that in a straight fight there is now no real competition from his teammate and Checo is unlikely to push it anyway as he wants to stay in F1 for another season or two. If RBR replace him it's game over.
I would like to know the source of this drop-off. I'm prepared to accept that maybe Verstappen, in fact, upped his game and has not got the credit he deserves. In turn, perhaps this h caused Pérez to push harder around Miami time until he made mistakes that led to his bad qualifying run.

Verstappen could get more credit. It's true that he was just devastating at Spa. You would think he might miss the close battles with Hamilton (I certainly do), but it doesn't appear to bother him much. His aim is to obliterate the opposition, and I think he loves thrashing Pérez.

I suppose there is also some entertainment to be found there.
Old 5 Aug 2023, 11:01 (Ref:4171455)   #78
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
His aim is to obliterate the opposition, and I think he loves thrashing Pérez.

I suppose there is also some entertainment to be found there.
Yeah, I think this is spot on.