Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 19 Sep 2008, 18:55 (Ref:2293860)   #1
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Fellow IndyCar Fans

I just found this forum early this morning at work on a search. It looks like a pretty cool site. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone.

My name is Chad. I work security for a University and I work part-time security for the IRL/IMS as well. I also host my own racing radio show on Sunday Nights on 89.7 FM WTUR. Me and my co-host talk for an hour on racing and take calls. Its a lot of fun. The IndyCar Series is my favorite of all the racing series', next is NASCAR.

As you can probably tell, Danica Patrick is my favorite driver of any series, especially the IRL. I have a HUGE collection of her racing memorabilia. I actually have a whole room of her stuff as well as a garage full. I will have to post pictures. I have gotten to know Danica as well as her mom and dad over the years by traveling to the races. I have also gotten to know her pit crew personally. A good bunch of guys in that crew. She is an awesome person and I was so happy for her for finally getting that first win. Im sure there will be plenty more wins for her in the future. And I tell her to get that pretty smile of hers ready for the Borg Warner Trophy because she is going on it next.

It was a great year for IndyCar this year and I look for better things in the future although Im not happy on the TV coverage move to Versus.

Well, I hope to get to know a lot of you better and I look forward to some good discussions about racing. I want to warn you now, Im bias when it comes to Danica and AGR.

Here is a picture of me and Danica taken last Saturday down at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway during the MotoGP weekend. I was able to catch up to her at the pagoda.

Last edited by DanicaFan; 19 Sep 2008 at 18:59.
Old 20 Sep 2008, 14:42 (Ref:2294192)   #2
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome to the forums mate! Pretty sweet gig hosting a radio show. I'm a huge talk radio fan and I'll be sure to give you a listen if there is online streaming available.

Chris
Old 20 Sep 2008, 15:34 (Ref:2294217)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome aboard, Chad!

I live in Indy and have been followng Indy Car racing since I was a kid.

You sound as though you are as hardcore as I am when it comes to American open wheel racing.

We look forward to reading your views in many threads in the future, and next season, I hope that you become a participant in my "Forum Pick 'Em Contests" that I host.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 20 Sep 2008, 17:53 (Ref:2294291)   #4
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Thanks for the welcome guys. I will be glad to discuss the races and other IndyCar news. Im also a moderator of another racing forum as well.

Oh and yes, I will definitely be in on the picks for next year's races. I finished 6th in a fantasy IndyCar season this year and Im currently 4th in a NASCAR fantasy league.
Old 20 Sep 2008, 17:55 (Ref:2294293)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Danica is turning into a fly!

Is your racing show available on line?
Old 20 Sep 2008, 18:09 (Ref:2294303)   #6
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Unfortunately at this time the show is not on-line. I broadcast from a small University where I work so they are hoping to add on-line radio in the near future. We may also be switching our showtime from Sunday nights to Monday nights next season.
Old 20 Sep 2008, 21:43 (Ref:2294392)   #7
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome onboard Chad, nice to see you have the same hair stylist as me, , lets hope my fave driver and your fave driver are team mates next year, excellent pic by the way. Chris.
Old 20 Sep 2008, 22:57 (Ref:2294422)   #8
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey don't I know you from somewhere else

Welcome aboard - you'll enjoy it here (I hope)
Old 20 Sep 2008, 23:25 (Ref:2294431)   #9
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chad,

Do you want to see Dallara building the only chassis for the 2011 season?
Old 20 Sep 2008, 23:25 (Ref:2294433)   #10
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yes, cptkablamo, I do recognize you. Let's hope I dont bashed over Danica like I do elsewhere.
Old 20 Sep 2008, 23:38 (Ref:2294436)   #11
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Quote:
Originally Posted by bil588
Chad,

Do you want to see Dallara building the only chassis for the 2011 season?
Well, personally I like the Dallara chassis. I think it looks good. I know Im one of the few.

But I also like the Panoz chassis too, thats the chassis that Danica was driving when she came into the league with Rahal Letterman. And I loved her car in 05'-06'. I like her new car better however.

But as for being different manufacturers, Im not sure. I think its a cost thing to go with one make just like Firestone tires only. I think they do a great job with IndyCar. So Im hoping Dallara will continue to do well.

But its also interesting to have different manufacturers and see who builds the best car and finishes first. That always brought excitement.

I may have to ponder the idea longer.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 01:34 (Ref:2294462)   #12
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
G'day DanicaFan.

Im way over the other side of the world in Australia so this forum extends far and wide.

Welcome to Ten Tenths , sit back and enjoy and explore a little of what it has to offer (just about any kind of motorsport that tickles your fancy)

you certainly have a sweet gig there indeed and one that any of us would love to have , well done on having a job that you enjoy

CHEERS
Marcus
Old 21 Sep 2008, 05:02 (Ref:2294484)   #13
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Hello marcus, thanks for the welcome. Im still surfing this forum quite a bit. There are a lot of sections on here.

I will spend the majority of my time here in IndyCar and NASCAR. These are my expertise if you will.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 06:02 (Ref:2294487)   #14
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Welcome Danica Fan. Just don't go overboard on Danica like you do on a certain other forum or you will get the same reaction.
Keep it balanced and we will too.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 20:01 (Ref:2294775)   #15
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Welcome DanicaFan!

Hope you enjoy posting here. Looking forward to seeing your posts on the boards.

John
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 22 Sep 2008, 02:16 (Ref:2294862)   #16
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome Chad. Your pic reminds me a little of the MMA fighter Randy Couture.

I'm also a Danica fan.
Old 26 Sep 2008, 17:44 (Ref:2298555)   #17
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome, Chad!
Old 5 Oct 2008, 17:52 (Ref:2304814)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Danica is turning into a fly!
Hehehe, I immediately thought of early 90's Bono and The Fly video.

Welcome DanicaFan!
Old 7 Oct 2008, 08:11 (Ref:2305886)   #19
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Thanks Knowlesy, good to be here.