Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Mar 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3038414)   #576
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Like we all speak French !!!
Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Basic PR stuff about both teams, and apparently they will run as a single entity that will be running up to 4 cars this year, 2 GT Ferraris and one or two LMP1 cars. So by that I would think that the two banners will continue to exist, but there will be a single big engineering and racing team under two designations.
This is what I could gather from what was being said there.
Old 11 Mar 2012, 19:32 (Ref:3038443)   #577
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
probably to save costs on logistics.
Old 11 Mar 2012, 20:06 (Ref:3038465)   #578
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
he can incorporate a lower nosecone on the car. Take a look at the deltawing. By using the tub, does that mean he has to use the nosebox as well? He said the only thing good was the chassis. The high nose is apart of the aero. He doesn't speak highly about that.
No he can't. Why is he using an existing chassis? Because it's crash-tested. That includes the front nosebox. That explains why there are so many Courage LC70-based cars out there. A new part means a new 100K$ test. Audi can do it, not Pescarolo. Theoretically they could probably fit a Pesca 01 nose or some other pre-homologated part with compatible bracketery, but I don't think they will. (Pilbeam one sold SR2 crashboxes)

It will be a high nose, something like 50cm off the reference surface. Not unlike the Peugeot 908 nose really. Air will flow along the sides and under the nose/tub, which is not exactly bad for aero.
Old 11 Mar 2012, 22:04 (Ref:3038522)   #579
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
No he can't. Why is he using an existing chassis? Because it's crash-tested. That includes the front nosebox. That explains why there are so many Courage LC70-based cars out there. A new part means a new 100K$ test. Audi can do it, not Pescarolo. Theoretically they could probably fit a Pesca 01 nose or some other pre-homologated part with compatible bracketery, but I don't think they will. (Pilbeam one sold SR2 crashboxes)

It will be a high nose, something like 50cm off the reference surface. Not unlike the Peugeot 908 nose really. Air will flow along the sides and under the nose/tub, which is not exactly bad for aero.
I'm pretty sure I recall reading that the high nose of the AMR-ONE was part of the appeal of the chassis to Pescarolo and Galopin - who opined that it was the route they would have taken had they been designing a tub. Can't locate provenance of this, so perfectly possible this could be a misquote.

That said, the fact the the Delta Wing doesn't have to run a high nose says to me that Pescarolo isn't painted into a corner on this.
Old 11 Mar 2012, 22:12 (Ref:3038530)   #580
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I'm pretty sure I recall reading that the high nose of the AMR-ONE was part of the appeal of the chassis to Pescarolo and Galopin - who opined that it was the route they would have taken had they been designing a tub. Can't locate provenance of this, so perfectly possible this could be a misquote.

That said, the fact the the Delta Wing doesn't have to run a high nose says to me that Pescarolo isn't painted into a corner on this.
The Delta Wing is built on a different geometry and aero philosophy, and with the front wheel geometry it looks like there's a lot of overhang in front of the tub actually. So there's enough bodywork space there to lower the nose. The Pescarolo will have conventional geometries, so there's less overhang to play with.
Old 13 Mar 2012, 23:02 (Ref:3040639)   #581
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
A long interview with Henri Pescarolo about Sebring, the new 03, the Dome, and the partnership with Luxury: http://endurance-info.com/version2/a...ance-9826.html
Old 15 Mar 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3041385)   #582
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
A long interview with Henri Pescarolo about Sebring, the new 03, the Dome, and the partnership with Luxury: http://endurance-info.com/version2/a...ance-9826.html
A complementary interview, this time from the other Laurent: http://www.86400.fr/articles/211-hen...ous-les-fronts

Pescarolo wants to show the ability of his team as a car constructor by transforming the AMR-One into a good LMP1 car. He still hopes to attract a manufacturer by 2014.

Claude Galopin is the technical director of Pescarolo Sport and Nicolas Perrin, through his consulting firm Perrinn Limited, is responsible for the design of the 03 car.

The shakedown of the Pescarolo 03 is planned just before Spa at the Chateauroux airfield, where they also did the Dome rollout.

Another test is planned between Spa and the Le Mans test day. If the Spa race goes well, this test could be transformed into an endurance test. Otherwise no endurance test will be planned before Le Mans.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 10:45 (Ref:3041399)   #583
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
The translation I used quoted ' we are talking to manufacturers who want to come into Endurance racing in 2014'

...... interesting
Old 15 Mar 2012, 10:54 (Ref:3041413)   #584
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
The translation I used quoted ' we are talking to manufacturers who want to come into Endurance racing in 2014'

...... interesting
PEUGEOT!

Renault/Nissan? - The PR on the Nissan "Delta-somthing" is quite big.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 11:22 (Ref:3041432)   #585
raist_DK
Rookie

raist_DK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to se Pug back at le mans
Old 15 Mar 2012, 11:51 (Ref:3041448)   #586
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They've only been gone 5 minutes!
Old 15 Mar 2012, 13:33 (Ref:3041508)   #587
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
They've only been gone 5 minutes!
I only meant them as a joke .

But Renualt/Nissan I'm serious about
Old 15 Mar 2012, 13:59 (Ref:3041524)   #588
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
apparently nissan is taking the lotus influence to badge everything so after the signatech support isn't to exclude a future pescarolo/nissan collaboration that may be a pescarolo 03/judd with nissan badge and logo on bodywork or a 2014/2015 collaboration for a brand new prototype.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 14:37 (Ref:3041540)   #589
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
There is no rebadging involved in the Signatech and Greaves support
Old 15 Mar 2012, 14:45 (Ref:3041543)   #590
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Isn't Zytek the one company that developed and maintains the current VK45DE? It might be know as a Nissan engine but it was actually developed by Zytek.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 14:48 (Ref:3041545)   #591
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
i talked about signatech support (sponsor financial, third driver supplying) not badging. I guess that zytek just set the engine for endurance usage
Old 15 Mar 2012, 14:48 (Ref:3041546)   #592
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
That information is completely wrong. The engine has been developed by NISMO. Zytek only does the customer support because they are located in Europe.
Quote:
To offer the VK45DE LMP2 engines to privateer teams in Europe and to efficiently provide swift customer support for the 2011 season and beyond, NISMO has entered into a partnership with Zytek Motorsports Ltd (Repton, Derbyshire, UK).

Zytek will assemble engines precisely to NISMO specifications, with parts and components supplied by NISMO, and deliver engines to European customers.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 14:50 (Ref:3041547)   #593
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
i talked about signatech support (sponsor financial, third driver supplying) not badging.
And how does that resemble Lotus
Old 15 Mar 2012, 15:20 (Ref:3041556)   #594
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
And how does that resemble Lotus
lotus badging? are you blind?
do you know about a lola coupè lmp2 with judd engine marked as lotus? or a judd 2.2 engine marked as lotus as well ? i'm just saying that nissan seems to have started a similiar strategy with 1. badging as nissan the engine of the deltawing (if that is a nissan engine, i'm a sayan) 2. giving heavy support to some customers team... with these 2 premises i said that maybe in future we maybe can see a collaboration between nissan and pescarolo for a new spec lmp or a pescarolo car judd powered but marked as nissan.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 15:21 (Ref:3041557)   #595
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How is the 2.2(indycar engine I sume) not a Lotus????
Lotus payed Judd to design and build that engine for them, so it's a Lotus!

As for Nissan sponsoring a single team, doesn't Greaves also get a nice slice of the cake. Nissan seems to have had quite a lot of influence in their driver line up.....

Last edited by jc_nl; 15 Mar 2012 at 15:32.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 15:34 (Ref:3041565)   #596
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_nl View Post
How is the 2.2(indycar engine I sume) not a Lotus????
Lotus payed Judd to design and build that engine for them, so it's a Lotus!

As for Nissan sponsoring a single team, doesn't Greaves also get a nice slice of the cake. Nissan seems to have had quite a lot of influence in their driver line up.....
you just said by your own who really projected and developed that engine, making some search some time ago i realized that maybe lotus never did an engine by her self
Old 15 Mar 2012, 15:42 (Ref:3041567)   #597
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No doubt that Lotus have never 'done an engine' by themselves!!! They never were engine builders. The comparison really doesn't work at all.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 15 Mar 2012 at 15:51.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 15:46 (Ref:3041570)   #598
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That information is completely wrong. The engine has been developed by NISMO. Zytek only does the customer support because they are located in Europe.
I was looking for the information because I wasn't to sure but I came about this press release: Here.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 15:51 (Ref:3041579)   #599
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
you just said by your own who really projected and developed that engine
You are being ridiculous. How is the Lotus Indycar engine any different from the Chevrolet engine that is designed and built by Ilmor? How is the Nissan DeltaWing engine any different from the Mazda LMP1 engine that is designed by AER?
Old 15 Mar 2012, 16:08 (Ref:3041593)   #600
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
You are being ridiculous. How is the Lotus Indycar engine any different from the Chevrolet engine that is designed and built by Ilmor? How is the Nissan DeltaWing engine any different from the Mazda LMP1 engine that is designed by AER?
you're mixing engine that don't share nothing, so how could be understandable your post? the deltawing engine is a "nissan" version of engines used in WTCC, what's the matter or relationship with AER and mazda ?
however, a discussion in a forum and real life is alive because of different point of view about a matter, but when a user insult another one is just sign of ignorance, so i don't think you're in the condition to say ridiculous to someone else here. I don't expect your apologies but i reported your post