Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Sep 2023, 11:35 (Ref:4174756)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Italian Grand Prix

Finally back in England after being stuck (ironically) in Italy. Looking forward to delivering another Grand Prix weekend thread soon!
Old 1 Sep 2023, 23:44 (Ref:4174828)   #2
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Finally back in England after being stuck (ironically) in Italy. Looking forward to delivering another Grand Prix weekend thread soon!
Glad for you that you're back home BR but I reckon I'd have been tempted to get creative with further reasons to be "stuck in Italy" for a few more days!
Old 2 Sep 2023, 10:42 (Ref:4174865)   #3
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many more of these "movie" cars are we going to have? Theres now 3 of them? Yet theres no space for new teams.... Right?
Old 2 Sep 2023, 12:50 (Ref:4174874)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I usually look forward to Monza but last year's race was a disappointment, after it ended under the safety car. Hopefully there won't be a repeat this year. Can Verstappen make it 10 consecutive wins?
Old 2 Sep 2023, 12:51 (Ref:4174875)   #5
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
How many more of these "movie" cars are we going to have? Theres now 3 of them? Yet theres no space for new teams.... Right?

Yes, that's why there's no room left!
Old 2 Sep 2023, 15:09 (Ref:4174884)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It looked like Verstappen had pipped Leclerc to take pole and Sainz pulls it out of the bag. Another excellent and entertaining qualifying session.
Old 2 Sep 2023, 15:09 (Ref:4174885)   #7
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Guess after the session means within seconds of the end of the session. They need to actually say WHY no action for something as simple as exceeding maximum lap time. Tell us scoring error cause new rule or went off track at whatever corner but it's the FIA.
Old 2 Sep 2023, 16:02 (Ref:4174889)   #8
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Guess after the session means within seconds of the end of the session. They need to actually say WHY no action for something as simple as exceeding maximum lap time. Tell us scoring error cause new rule or went off track at whatever corner but it's the FIA.
Apparently there is a clause to the rule, that if they slow to make way for a car on a fast lap, then they can exceed the time limit.
Old 2 Sep 2023, 17:36 (Ref:4174895)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
In this article from Motorsport, Vasseur says Leclerc and Sainz weren't penalised for going slower than 1m41s, as they were giving way to cars coming through on flying laps.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...tion/10515176/
Old 2 Sep 2023, 23:18 (Ref:4174943)   #10
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
That and the fact that the Tifosi would have lynched the Stewards if they'd penalised the Ferrari drivers......

And perhaps a little leeway on a newly introduced rule?
Old 3 Sep 2023, 04:28 (Ref:4174969)   #11
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
That and the fact that the Tifosi would have lynched the Stewards if they'd penalised the Ferrari drivers......

And perhaps a little leeway on a newly introduced rule?
I tend to believe this. Because if you are slowing to let others pass and don't have to meet the minimum delta, that is a massive loophole. I mean isn't the entire field on a hotlap at some point. When are you not being passed if you are on track and not on a hotlap? The situation they found themselves in is... not unexpected!

Maybe you might expect traffic based upon pit communication and maintain a higher general speed so that you can then slow/move over for traffic and still meet your minimum delta? Regardless, I think a penalty here would not have been the best. I would maybe hope the Stewards said... "you get a pass this time, but you know you could have made this work as intended".

Richard
Old 3 Sep 2023, 06:36 (Ref:4174971)   #12
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Thank you Richard, your post is like fresh air. IMO.
Old 3 Sep 2023, 07:18 (Ref:4174974)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was pleased to see Carlos put one over not just Max but his esteemed team mate. He clearly has the speed and seems less error-prone than Charles right now. But we all know that Max will probably run off into the distance, aided one fears by the legendary Ferrari strategy and pit incompetence….
Old 3 Sep 2023, 08:22 (Ref:4174980)   #14
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I knew Ferrari would be on the pace here and Sainz grabbed the perfect opportunity to be on pole. He's certainly quicker than Leclerc over one lap here. However I too have a feeling the race will be a different story. However Max might just have a tougher job today....
Old 3 Sep 2023, 08:23 (Ref:4174981)   #15
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I was pleased to see Carlos put one over not just Max but his esteemed team mate. He clearly has the speed and seems less error-prone than Charles right now. But we all know that Max will probably run off into the distance, aided one fears by the legendary Ferrari strategy and pit incompetence….
Being in Spain at the moment and watching qualy in some very enthusiastic Sports bar the cheer that went up as Carlos got the job done and crossed the line was so inspiring I joined in! (That I was sat next to a couple of Dutch and obvious Max fans somehow made it all even better.). Nothing against Max, it was just great to see it all unfold in Sainz favour.
Old 3 Sep 2023, 09:43 (Ref:4174984)   #16
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Carlos might pull one lap out of the bag, and he certainly did that well. Matching Charles lap on lap in race pace is quite another kettle of fish.
Old 3 Sep 2023, 09:45 (Ref:4174985)   #17
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I knew Ferrari would be on the pace here ....
They always are at Monza. It does make me wonder why that is. Car design optimised for Monza and never mind any other track? In the past there were rumours of 3.5 litre engines just for Monza but with the modern hybrid rules I can't see that working today.

I'm delighted for Carlos, by the way. An under-rated driver and a gentleman.
Old 3 Sep 2023, 09:47 (Ref:4174987)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Carlos might pull one lap out of the bag, and he certainly did that week. Matching Charles lap in lap in race pace is quite another kettle of fish.
As you know, I'm not convinced that Charles is the 'next big thing' and personally I don't think there's much to choose between them - certainly right now. I perceive Carlos to be more level headed and doesn't get as 'down' as Charles does nor make as many mistakes through 'over-trying'.
Old 3 Sep 2023, 10:13 (Ref:4174989)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I fear Charles might be one of those drivers who we might look back and think ‘what could have been’. Carlos certainly has more experience that helps, but in terms of raw speed, I’ll always go for Charles
Old 3 Sep 2023, 13:05 (Ref:4175007)   #20
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Tsunoda's out of the race before it got started, so the start has been aborted.
Old 3 Sep 2023, 13:14 (Ref:4175008)   #21
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
20 minutes to move a car. TWENTY MINUTES.

You cannot tell me F1 dont create these story lines on purpose for "content".
Old 3 Sep 2023, 13:26 (Ref:4175009)   #22
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
That's the cleanest start I've ever seen at Monza.
Old 3 Sep 2023, 13:28 (Ref:4175010)   #23
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Tsunoda's out of the race before it got started, so the start has been aborted.

Why couldn't the nearby marshals push the broken down car in to the opening which was a few metres back down the track?
Old 3 Sep 2023, 13:31 (Ref:4175011)   #24
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Why couldn't the nearby marshals push the broken down car in to the opening which was a few metres back down the track?

The Sky commentary thought it was stuck in gear.
Old 3 Sep 2023, 13:48 (Ref:4175014)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Verstappen gets past Sainz and Perez reciprocates by getting past Russell.