Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Sep 2023, 14:25 (Ref:4175019)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton and Piastri make contact. Piastri pits with a damaged front wing.

Edit: 5 second penalty for Hamilton.
Old 3 Sep 2023, 14:39 (Ref:4175020)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to Verstappen on 10 consecutive wins.
Old 3 Sep 2023, 14:56 (Ref:4175022)   #28
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice win for Max. Exciting fight between Checo, Carlos and Charles. Unfortunate that Lewis's poor pass ruined Oscar's race and effectively got away with it. Felt bad for Yuki as he seems to be showing some speed. Lawson almost in the points.

Richard
Old 3 Sep 2023, 16:45 (Ref:4175033)   #29
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Liam Lawson finishing 11th puts him to the highest a number 2 driver in AT has scored this year. Putting De Vries and Riccardo down to 21st and 22nd in a championship that has 20 cars.
Old 3 Sep 2023, 17:19 (Ref:4175037)   #30
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Liam Lawson finishing 11th puts him to the highest a number 2 driver in AT has scored this year. Putting De Vries and Riccardo down to 21st and 22nd in a championship that has 20 cars.
Riccardo's injury comes at the worst time for him. He has to just be looking at all of this in horror. And I also find it interesting that Lawson has generally done so well. It's a shame Yuki was out of this race as it would have been interesting to see what the relative finishing positions would have been between the two AT drivers. If AT only had three cars on the grid and we could wall all three race together!

Richard
Old 3 Sep 2023, 18:43 (Ref:4175049)   #31
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Landon Norris and George Russell are getting insufferable on the radio. The assumption that the car you're passing HAS to get out of your way just makes it impossible to watch you and want success. Although guess you could say that was the only interesting thing of the race other than Max driving around Sainz early
Old 3 Sep 2023, 19:55 (Ref:4175059)   #32
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
To be fair, the same comment can be made about Perez "He isn't giving me any space"......that's his job - not just to roll over because you're in a Red Bull....
Old 3 Sep 2023, 22:34 (Ref:4175100)   #33
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Landon Norris and George Russell are getting insufferable on the radio. The assumption that the car you're passing HAS to get out of your way just makes it impossible to watch you and want success. Although guess you could say that was the only interesting thing of the race other than Max driving around Sainz early
I think every driver is guilty of squealing to the teacher at some point and they’re no worse than most others. Perez is the one that stands out for me. I used to think of him as the tyremeister but now he’s the whingemeister.
Old 4 Sep 2023, 04:12 (Ref:4175125)   #34
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Most of the time a 5 second penalty is no penalty at all.It is also no discouragement to dangerous driving.
Hamilton today being case in point.
Also McLaren shafting Piastri on the pit stops was just bad.Unlike Silverstone where they risked Norris being undercut that was not going to happen today because Hamilton was on hardship.After the stops Norris had no more relative pace than Piastri.So twice they have given Norris rather than the driver with track position pit stop preference.Just poor.
Old 4 Sep 2023, 05:30 (Ref:4175129)   #35
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Most of the time a 5 second penalty is no penalty at all.It is also no discouragement to dangerous driving.
Hamilton today being case in point.
Also McLaren shafting Piastri on the pit stops was just bad.Unlike Silverstone where they risked Norris being undercut that was not going to happen today because Hamilton was on hardship.After the stops Norris had no more relative pace than Piastri.So twice they have given Norris rather than the driver with track position pit stop preference.Just poor.
Yes I have felt a couple of races have gone in that direction which has cost him time and position.
Although Oscar might have made it a bit easier for himself if he hadn't let Albom mug him early on?
But I have little doubt that OP would have been very miffed at the Hamilton incident, having lost god knows how much time bottled up behind Lando, who was unable to despatch the tyre limited Alex.
Old 4 Sep 2023, 06:38 (Ref:4175134)   #36
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I used to hate drivers for it, but I saw an interview with an engineer - I think from Alpine - which said they encourage the drivers to do it (even if they know they're wrong) as it helps influence the result. Unfortunately the louder you shout, the more chance there is of getting the result you want. Additionally, we only hear what the TV Director wants us to hear, so there could be something worse that we don't.
Old 4 Sep 2023, 09:04 (Ref:4175144)   #37
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I think every driver is guilty of squealing to the teacher at some point and they’re no worse than most others. Perez is the one that stands out for me. I used to think of him as the tyremeister but now he’s the whingemeister.
The drivers are told to do it, by their teams. Supposedly to make sure race control don't 'miss' it.
Old 4 Sep 2023, 10:31 (Ref:4175148)   #38
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good to see Ferrari back up there, but still no one can beat Verstappen. Really the rest need to get their fingers out, there’s plenty who can challenge and beat him if they get the chance
Old 4 Sep 2023, 10:45 (Ref:4175149)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Good to see Ferrari back up there, but still no one can beat Verstappen. Really the rest need to get their fingers out, there’s plenty who can challenge and beat him if they get the chance
I presume by 'get the chance', you mean a seat in a Red Bull?
Old 4 Sep 2023, 11:11 (Ref:4175151)   #40
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I was thinking similar.

I also can think of no one on the grid that shows remotely the talent Max has shown. Im not sure that given the RB is designed or at least developed around Max's needs, even the best of other drivers in an RB would still be shadowed.

I say that with my own personal preferences being far from focussed on Max as a supporter. However, like him or not, I believe him to be a notch up from the likes of Alonso, a notch and a bit up on Lewis and certainly a couple of notches up on Leclerc, Norris et al....

Before I get shot down in flames, i add the words "My Opinion". Sharing it is your option
Old 4 Sep 2023, 11:25 (Ref:4175155)   #41
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think - given the whole post - that S Griffin is referring to other teams having to pull their finger out, and then the drivers in those teams 'can challenge and beat him'.
Old 4 Sep 2023, 11:34 (Ref:4175158)   #42
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
+1 with Aye. +1 with EB. I dont think that doing anything with one, several fingers or even more could help anyone not driving a RB to fill the gap. IMO.
Old 4 Sep 2023, 11:42 (Ref:4175161)   #43
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Has Max been crowned champion yet? I can't think there are many more rounds left, 3?
Old 4 Sep 2023, 11:50 (Ref:4175162)   #44
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Has Max been crowned champion yet? I can't think there are many more rounds left, 3?

8 more!
Old 4 Sep 2023, 11:56 (Ref:4175165)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I was thinking similar.

I also can think of no one on the grid that shows remotely the talent Max has shown. Im not sure that given the RB is designed or at least developed around Max's needs, even the best of other drivers in an RB would still be shadowed.

I say that with my own personal preferences being far from focussed on Max as a supporter. However, like him or not, I believe him to be a notch up from the likes of Alonso, a notch and a bit up on Lewis and certainly a couple of notches up on Leclerc, Norris et al....

Before I get shot down in flames, i add the words "My Opinion". Sharing it is your option
I'm not entirely convinced. I still believe there are drivers out there who could challenge him in the same car, although the point about the car being designed specifically for him is obviously a very valid one. I do include Norris in that, and probably Alonso, although I'm not sure about Lewis now and I don't believe Leclerc has anything like the consistency needed to be able to match Verstappen. Right now though, with what he has at his disposal and the psychological invincibility that comes with two titles already, another easily in the bag and ten wins on the bounce and a bullet-proof car tailored to him like a bespoke Saville Row suit, Max is currently unbeatable...
Old 4 Sep 2023, 15:19 (Ref:4175185)   #46
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
8 more!
Oh damn! I thought it was almost over.
Old 4 Sep 2023, 15:22 (Ref:4175187)   #47
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What I meant earlier was that we need more cars to be able to challenge Red Bull and put them under pressure. Until now they haven’t really been in any vulnerable position, so it will be interesting to see if someone can match and/or them over a race distance
Old 4 Sep 2023, 15:35 (Ref:4175188)   #48
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I'm not entirely convinced./ Right now though, with what he has at his disposal and the psychological invincibility that comes with two titles already, another easily in the bag and ten wins on the bounce and a bullet-proof car tailored to him like a bespoke Saville Row suit, Max is currently unbeatable...
Its not only about being able to win one or two races, several can do this I suppose. Ask any experienced driver what it takes to win a championship he will probably enlighten you about this being different. Of course with some luck or circumstances you can win a race. Winning a championship by chance? I dont think it's possible. Max is made of the stuff of heroes (obviously Sir Lewis too, indeed). IMO.
Old 4 Sep 2023, 16:21 (Ref:4175191)   #49
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Its not only about being able to win one or two races, several can do this I suppose. Ask any experienced driver what it takes to win a championship he will probably enlighten you about this being different. Of course with some luck or circumstances you can win a race. Winning a championship by chance? I dont think it's possible. Max is made of the stuff of heroes (obviously Sir Lewis too, indeed). IMO.
Lots of people, many British, always seem to want to downplay Max’s talents when he is, in reality, absolute lightning.

I’ve had the privilege to watch and closely observe, amongst others, Prost, Senna, Schumacher, Hakkinen, Hamilton etc. and frankly I doubt any would beat Verstappen in the same car.
Old 4 Sep 2023, 17:30 (Ref:4175194)   #50
S griffin
Veteran

Italian Grand Prix

Max has it too easy atm. The car he has seems to be too perfect. Even the best ones have had their flaws. As well as that he’s never really been put to the test against a top driver in the same car. That’s one of the reasons why I consider Prost the best ever, he wasn’t afraid of going against other top talent in the same car. And more often than not would beat them