Alfa Romeo 1 4.35%
Williams 0 0%
AlphaTauri 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Sep 2023, 11:02 (Ref:4174991)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the Grand Prix: Italian Grand Prix 2023

What's your vote?
Old 3 Sep 2023, 15:44 (Ref:4175029)   #2
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ferrari. They didn't win their home GP, though they got one driver on the podium but they let their drivers race each other and that was great to see.
Old 3 Sep 2023, 19:38 (Ref:4175055)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
fair play to the red cars for being allowed to race but to be honest the red bull cars just out classed them today
Old 3 Sep 2023, 20:36 (Ref:4175071)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ferrari - as has been said, for letting the drivers race hard. RBR are still way ahead though....
Old 3 Sep 2023, 22:24 (Ref:4175098)   #5
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I’m most definitely not a fan of either Red Bull or Ferrari but I have to pick one of them. Ferrari. Simply, they provided more entertainment. I’m not giving them anything extra for allowing their drivers to race each other, because I don’t think there was any way Fred could have stopped them.
Old 3 Sep 2023, 23:27 (Ref:4175104)   #6
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest no team really stands out, as opposed to the drivers … but since Carlos and Charles actually raced each other it is Ferrari
…and the fact I had them in the predictions makes no influence LOL
Old 4 Sep 2023, 00:12 (Ref:4175107)   #7
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
You have to give Ferrari credit for racing each other, but the drivers seem to get on well off the track, so they probably trust each other
Old 4 Sep 2023, 11:18 (Ref:4175154)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Ferrari. They didn't win their home GP, though they got one driver on the podium but they let their drivers race each other and that was great to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I’m most definitely not a fan of either Red Bull or Ferrari but I have to pick one of them. Ferrari. Simply, they provided more entertainment. I’m not giving them anything extra for allowing their drivers to race each other, because I don’t think there was any way Fred could have stopped them.
If Leclerc had been the lead Ferrari do you think they'd still have been allowed to race? Or would Fred have issued the "hold station" order? On the one hand it's great to see them race - on the other Ferrari were risking a lot by letting them fight, the sensible thing would have been to tell Leclerc to sit behind Sainz and not attempt to overtake.
Old 4 Sep 2023, 11:58 (Ref:4175166)   #9
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
If Leclerc had been the lead Ferrari do you think they'd still have been allowed to race? Or would Fred have issued the "hold station" order? On the one hand it's great to see them race - on the other Ferrari were risking a lot by letting them fight, the sensible thing would have been to tell Leclerc to sit behind Sainz and not attempt to overtake.
I suspect the answers may be 'No" and "Yes". But in my book a driver has to beat all drivers including his teammate. That's just one reason why my respect for Ferrari was lower than a very low thing, and it's only just beginning to recover a bit now that Fred is in charge.
Old 4 Sep 2023, 12:48 (Ref:4175173)   #10
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post

If Leclerc had been the lead Ferrari, I don't think allowing them to race each other would ever have happened, as Leclerc is the quicker of the two and would have pulled away from Sainz.
Old 4 Sep 2023, 13:08 (Ref:4175177)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
If Leclerc had been the lead Ferrari, I don't think allowing them to race each other would ever have happened, as Leclerc is the quicker of the two and would have pulled away from Sainz.
Well, he overtook him - and didn't....... Bearing in mind as well that most of the time he was following Sainz he had the benefit of DRS...
Old 4 Sep 2023, 13:43 (Ref:4175182)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, he overtook him - and didn't....... Bearing in mind as well that most of the time he was following Sainz he had the benefit of DRS...

Indeed and Sainz was the lead Ferrari. However BertMk2's question was, ''If Leclerc had been the lead Ferrari do you think they'd still have been allowed to race?''
Old 4 Sep 2023, 15:09 (Ref:4175183)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And my point was that he was, albeit briefly, and they were allowed to continue to race...... To my mind, had the roles been completely reversed and had Leclerc been on pole and in front of Sainz, it would have been hugely disappointing for there to be team orders to gift the result to Leclerc. He may be perceived by many to be the Ferrari 'team leader' but right now I'd say Sainz is probably driving better than Leclerc and he's also ahead of him (not by much, admittedly) in the standings. I see absolutely no reason for Leclerc to have favouritism from the team - he hasn't earned it - certainly not this season.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 4 Sep 2023 at 15:15.
Old 4 Sep 2023, 17:42 (Ref:4175196)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
And my point was that he was, albeit briefly, and they were allowed to continue to race...... To my mind, had the roles been completely reversed and had Leclerc been on pole and in front of Sainz, it would have been hugely disappointing for there to be team orders to gift the result to Leclerc. He may be perceived by many to be the Ferrari 'team leader' but right now I'd say Sainz is probably driving better than Leclerc and he's also ahead of him (not by much, admittedly) in the standings. I see absolutely no reason for Leclerc to have favouritism from the team - he hasn't earned it - certainly not this season.

I understood the question to mean, had the roles been completely reversed. Anyway, it's a hypothetical question, however an interesting one.
Old 4 Sep 2023, 18:20 (Ref:4175198)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
True, and it gives us something to debate other than the extent of Max's winning margin, so it can't be bad....
Old 9 Sep 2023, 09:05 (Ref:4175785)   #16
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think the jury is out on Charles being quicker than Carlos. And I think they would have been allowed to race anyway. The Ferraris have often been allowed to race for years, in fairness. You have to go back to Alonso and Massa to see more of the number 1, number 2 stuff in the earlier stages of the season, I think.

Ferrari absolutely get my vote. Fantastic entertainment. Loved Sainz's defence on Verstappen. Totally fair.