Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jul 2015, 15:46 (Ref:3562512)   #1526
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have heard of Nigel Mansell, but the bird involved is a mystery to me.
Old 30 Jul 2015, 15:47 (Ref:3562513)   #1527
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
There's hope for us all in that case.

Maybe even you, Bob.
I'll take that one under advisement, before consulting my brief.
Old 30 Jul 2015, 16:19 (Ref:3562522)   #1528
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
From the Eurosport F1 Web Site
For someone with a self-professed dislike of the man, you do seem to spend a lot of time digging up nuggets about him, Bob.

Protesteth the man too much?
Old 30 Jul 2015, 17:12 (Ref:3562536)   #1529
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
For someone with a self-professed dislike of the man, you do seem to spend a lot of time digging up nuggets about him, Bob.

Protesteth the man too much?
Anything that puts him in a bad light ....... Oh! Does shacking up with some cracking Sheila put him in a bad light?

Hm ..... I will have reconsider my position.

Now Nico is a happily married man with two children, such a nice chap.
Old 31 Jul 2015, 07:00 (Ref:3562717)   #1530
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not that it matters too much, but just for the matter of correction, Nico's first is due in August. A daughter I believe.

P.s. I'm with you on Lewis, but I'm happy I admit he is good if I see a couple of flawless runs through the field where he doesn't collect a car or two.

I wish Nico was doing better, because his manner clicks with me, but I will admit he has failed to rise to the challenge this year.
Old 31 Jul 2015, 07:55 (Ref:3562724)   #1531
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Anything that puts him in a bad light ....... Oh! Does shacking up with some cracking Sheila put him in a bad light?

Hm ..... I will have reconsider my position.

I will say it again, don't believe the papers...I think it's obvious which direction Lewis' interest lies...

Nico has a fulfilled life away from the track - loving non-commercial wife, family, huge intellect and a clear strong support network. So, if Lewis is faster at driving I'm sure its fairly easy, post-season, to shrug it off.

Lewis' life has all been about this sport, in a far more intense way than Nico. So, he has to be successful - and he is / will be.

But, when Lewis hits 38 or so, and he's no longer a f1 racer, I do wonder what he will do then...while you can imagine Nico will be absolutely fine.
Old 31 Jul 2015, 10:45 (Ref:3562758)   #1532
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting that Nico appears in Mercedes Ads on TV in Australia but no sign of LH. He advertises watches and other things but not their cars.
Does that say something about how Merc sees their marketing niche, or something about who they think best fits their brand?
Old 31 Jul 2015, 13:07 (Ref:3562806)   #1533
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
I will say it again, don't believe the papers...I think it's obvious which direction Lewis' interest lies...
You don't say.

This thread and some of the opinions expressed within it are just truly pathetic.
Old 31 Jul 2015, 16:08 (Ref:3562853)   #1534
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
Not that it matters too much, but just for the matter of correction, Nico's first is due in August. A daughter I believe.

P.s. I'm with you on Lewis, but I'm happy I admit he is good if I see a couple of flawless runs through the field where he doesn't collect a car or two.

I wish Nico was doing better, because his manner clicks with me, but I will admit he has failed to rise to the challenge this year.
I thought I heard Nico say in one interview that when his first was born he won.

But I am probably wrong ... as usual... pathetic really.....
Old 24 Aug 2015, 15:58 (Ref:3568297)   #1535
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so a hard weekend for Nico. no doubt the soon to be father had his thoughts back at home with his wife and the tire blow out with no explanation probably affected his concentration even more, but he was fairly soundly thrashed by LH this weekend.

even the usual LH mess up on social media (which i agree showed poor judgement by whomever decided to post it - here) was not enough to distract the title leader. in fact all of the public attention he has received over the break has so far not seemed to derail his focus at all.
Old 25 Aug 2015, 13:48 (Ref:3568610)   #1536
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any idea why Keke doesn't show up to races to support his son?? I just find it kind of strange where we often see other driver's dads attending races, but not Keke. A comment was made during a race that he rarely attends.
Old 25 Aug 2015, 14:33 (Ref:3568620)   #1537
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
i have seen him there a few times. maybe not this year but certainly at a race or two last year so yeah i guess its rare.

in fairness though, not attending is not the same as not supporting.
Old 28 Aug 2015, 18:23 (Ref:3569428)   #1538
2GRX7
Rookie

United States
W. Orlando
2GRX7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SO, has there been anything more to Hamilton losing time to Nico during the virtual safety car period? Is there a way to gain time on someone in front of you (ex. drive to the inside of the track, go through the pits, etc) during this period?
Old 29 Aug 2015, 22:42 (Ref:3569719)   #1539
Noodoo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Manchester
Noodoo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My understanding of the VSC is that you have to drive over a set lap time, basically. So say it was 2:20, and Ham was doing 2:21, Nico could have been doing 2:20.5, so catching him up, but still within the rules.

Looks to me as if Nico was just pushing the limits of the VSC a little more than Lewis was, but was still within the set time so no penalty/punishment should be given.
Old 30 Aug 2015, 14:14 (Ref:3569932)   #1540
2GRX7
Rookie

United States
W. Orlando
2GRX7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see! So, even though there's a virtual (electronic) limiter within the electronics, keeping one from exceeding a certain speed, it doesn't keep the racecar from slowing down-the driver is fully in control of that?

I thought it was more of an electronically controlled speed (like cruise control) and one would just "hit the brakes" when one wanted to slow down-WRONG, LOL!
Old 31 Aug 2015, 01:57 (Ref:3570138)   #1541
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They explained it in GP2 and I think it made sense. If the VSC comes in when Hamilton is going through the bus stop, he will lose more than Rosberg's will when he is approaching bus stop, because Hamilton is already going slower than Rosberg.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 15:25 (Ref:3692107)   #1542
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rosberg pulls it off finally.

I am glad Hamilton slowed up the field, not just to make it interesting, but it showed how Rosberg ponied up and kept his cool. It makes the championship that much more satisfying.

I didn't like how sucky Hamilton was after the race....not a true sportsman.

Btw, wasn't Hamilton the last driver to win a championship by not having the most wins prior to Rosberg?

Congrats to Nico. He had a stunning ending of last season along with a stunning beginning. That gave him the edge to win it overall.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 15:32 (Ref:3692111)   #1543
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Rosberg pulls it off finally.

I am glad Hamilton slowed up the field, not just to make it interesting, but it showed how Rosberg ponied up and kept his cool. It makes the championship that much more satisfying.

I didn't like how sucky Hamilton was after the race....not a true sportsman.

Btw, wasn't Hamilton the last driver to win a championship by not having the most wins prior to Rosberg?

Congrats to Nico. He had a stunning ending of last season along with a stunning beginning. That gave him the edge to win it overall.
In 2008 Hamilton won 5 races to Massa's 6.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 15:41 (Ref:3692114)   #1544
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
And in 1982 Keke only one once. But it's about the points tally at the end of the year.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 17:48 (Ref:3692160)   #1545
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
I read just today that Nico said he felt he had to play things cautiously during the last leg of the season to protect his lead. So it may be the reason he didn't go balls out during every race weekend during the last stretch. Playing it safe helped him win him the championship. Bottom line Rosberg beat Hamilton this year.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 17:55 (Ref:3692162)   #1546
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I read just today that Nico said he felt he had to play things cautiously during the last leg of the season to protect his lead. So it may be the reason he didn't go balls out during every race weekend during the last stretch. Playing it safe helped him win him the championship. Bottom line Rosberg beat Hamilton this year.
Fair enough, what's the good in undoing all that hard work just to throw it away?
Old 29 Nov 2016, 21:53 (Ref:3692216)   #1547
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Nico did indeed play it cool, despite getting frustrated on the radio
Old 30 Nov 2016, 06:25 (Ref:3692280)   #1548
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Any idea why Keke doesn't show up to races to support his son?? I just find it kind of strange where we often see other driver's dads attending races, but not Keke. A comment was made during a race that he rarely attends.
Somewhere during the Sky coverage they talked about how Keke gets too nervous(hard to believe him being nervous about anything I know) and worries he may bring Nico bad luck.They said he spends GP's at home with a multi screen setup involving telecast,live timing and the camera in Nico's car.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 07:25 (Ref:3692284)   #1549
bauble
Veteran

England
Lewis is probably the better driver, but Nico is the better man.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 07:36 (Ref:3692289)   #1550
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
I am really keen to see how Nico goes now that he has shored up a WDC, hopefully we get Nico unleashed.