Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 20 Feb 2005, 08:52 (Ref:1230578)   #1
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rally games

I am trying to find something modern that can match Colin Mcrae Rally 2.0 for cross between sim and game.It just felt right drive the cars and how they handled. Now ive tried to play RMR but having played the demo it just isnt for me, I swear the pace notes had no bearing on where i was going or the road ahead.

Anyway ive tried the latest colin mcrae but was just awful, designed for consoles, but what do people think of Xpand rally or V-rally?
Old 20 Feb 2005, 10:30 (Ref:1230613)   #2
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wrc4?
Old 20 Feb 2005, 11:59 (Ref:1230649)   #3
James Kimbley
Rookie

England
James Kimbley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rallly Trophy is a great game apart from the annoying navigator. This game was released in 2001 but is based on classic rally cars.

The is a review for it here http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/r...hy/review.html
Old 20 Feb 2005, 17:41 (Ref:1230818)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Colin McRae Rally 2005 is fluid, if nothing else, but it's nothing thrilling.

Richard Burns Rally is quite pathetically dull and was obviously made by a team of apes on heroin.

WRC4 is stupidly easy.

There are no good rally games in existence.
Old 20 Feb 2005, 18:38 (Ref:1230865)   #5
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=knowlesy]
Richard Burns Rally is quite pathetically dull and was obviously made by a team of apes on heroin.
[QUOTE]

Can I ask you why you say this ?
Old 21 Feb 2005, 18:57 (Ref:1231652)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I just don't find it particularly well made or all that exciting really. I know it gets rave reviews, but I dunno why....
Old 21 Feb 2005, 21:53 (Ref:1231859)   #7
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
I just don't find it particularly well made or all that exciting really. I know it gets rave reviews, but I dunno why....

Maybe because it's the only rally sim available, as opposed to simple games ..
Old 22 Feb 2005, 19:51 (Ref:1232724)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes.......sim meaning simian in this case.

It's not that good! Honest!
Old 23 Feb 2005, 18:57 (Ref:1233772)   #9
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Well, it's not perfect (frame rate hits, no online (ok, there are some good 3rd party projects for the future)), etc.), but it sure beats any colin mcrae out there...

PS: For me the apes on dope are the guys at Codemasters, they can't even program their games to recognise my Momo Force without having to spend 10 minutes on the options menu (bah, even Mafia is completely automatic in this )) and they give the same grip for grass and gravel! Pfff...
Old 24 Feb 2005, 12:44 (Ref:1234419)   #10
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And there is Bathurst in RD2...but we won't go into that...
Old 24 Feb 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1234790)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well Colin mcRae ain't great, Gil, you're right.

I personally wish to play Network Q again someday, just to sample the enormous stages once again!
Old 24 Feb 2005, 20:33 (Ref:1234947)   #12
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
And there is Bathurst in RD2...but we won't go into that...
God the circuit is almost undrivable in the game! They must have some odd gravity physics going on in that game.

Shame as I think the actual track is fantastic and a great challenge.
Old 25 Feb 2005, 13:28 (Ref:1235655)   #13
JamesC
Racer

United Kingdom
London, UK
JamesC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RBR is one of the few games that has ever got my heart really beating from pure adrenalin - that and GPL...
Old 25 Feb 2005, 13:41 (Ref:1235669)   #14
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But for me my heart was racing because the pace notes made absolutley no sense so you wait until you can see the coming bend and then react to it.
Old 25 Feb 2005, 13:49 (Ref:1235680)   #15
JamesC
Racer

United Kingdom
London, UK
JamesC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can adjust pace notes in the settings to be either closer or further away.

I think its fair to say that in real life they are quite often read a fair distance in front of the actual bend.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 20:35 (Ref:1247098)   #16
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
topwelshman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RBR is pants