Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Track Day Forum

Old 23 Apr 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2678633)   #1
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
joss Ronchetti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwood Friday 30th April Trackday in 'The Bullet'

I am doing a Trackday @ Goodwood on Friday 30th April in my Sunbeam Lotus aka 'The Bullet' I'm going to learn the circuit in advance as I am competing there in a Sprint Meeting on Saturday 15th May.
Any other guys on here going to be there?
We will have a passenger seat in and I'm really looking forward to seeing some very puzzled Supercar owners faces in the Paddock
Scratching their heads thinking how did a 30 yr old hatchback with a normally aspirated 4 Pot Lotus Twin-cam on Twin Webers just waste their GT3/Galliardo
Old 23 Apr 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2678655)   #2
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joss Ronchetti View Post
I am doing a Trackday @ Goodwood on Friday 30th April in my Sunbeam Lotus aka 'The Bullet' I'm going to learn the circuit in advance as I am competing there in a Sprint Meeting on Saturday 15th May.
Any other guys on here going to be there?
We will have a passenger seat in and I'm really looking forward to seeing some very puzzled Supercar owners faces in the Paddock
Scratching their heads thinking how did a 30 yr old hatchback with a normally aspirated 4 Pot Lotus Twin-cam on Twin Webers just waste their GT3/Galliardo
Joss, I was not planning to be there but if you could use a photo shoot and are offering a passenger ride I could make the effort and take some shots in return for a ride. I have to travel a few miles further than you, though not too many.

If it's a track day I assume full fireproof overalls are not required?
Old 23 Apr 2010, 20:36 (Ref:2678684)   #3
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
You are welcome to come along for a ride and take few snaps.
There 5 members from the Sunbeam Lotus Owners Club coming for a spin too
There are only 25 cars there with only 5 out at a time so should be plenty of tracktime and very little traffic to hamper full race speed I need to get plenty of laps in test the new Neg camber/toe-in axle and the other suspension upgrades they have fitted (fitting at the moment) also need the practice for the Sprint as you only get 2 practice laps and 2 attempts at 1 standing start lap for your times. No overalls required, suggest you bring your own skidlid as the alternative is my old one which is a bit race sweated up..lol
My mobile is 07903863517
Cheers Joss
Old 23 Apr 2010, 20:46 (Ref:2678687)   #4
Andrew Busby
Rookie

Andrew Busby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joss,

No need for me to be there on 30th as know Goodwood like back of me hand......will be out at the Sprint in a Corvette ZR1 which will munch your weedy hatchback
Old 23 Apr 2010, 22:29 (Ref:2678738)   #5
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
Those Corvettes are the business arn't they Andy?
I thought about getting one instead of my M5, but the thought of driving my noisey EVO or the Mrs's Wranger every we take our daughter/friends out made my mind up very quickly for me.
In the M5 I can take the familly out and get to rag it about on trackdays too
I have never driven one of those Vettes and I have driven most things with my line of business including Zonda, most Ferraris, Lambos, Gt40, Skyline GTR, Smart Passion lol etc but never a wild Corvette.
Bet its great for big smoky sideways crowd pleasers
But unfourtunately for you Andy I think that unless you have had some tricks done to the awsomely quick Corvette a certain weedy hatchback will give it an embarressing spanking
Old 23 Apr 2010, 23:06 (Ref:2678755)   #6
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
You are welcome to come along for a ride and take few snaps.
There 5 members from the Sunbeam Lotus Owners Club coming for a spin too
There are only 25 cars there with only 5 out at a time so should be plenty of tracktime and very little traffic to hamper full race speed I need to get plenty of laps in test the new Neg camber/toe-in axle and the other suspension upgrades they have fitted (fitting at the moment) also need the practice for the Sprint as you only get 2 practice laps and 2 attempts at 1 standing start lap for your times. No overalls required, suggest you bring your own skidlid as the alternative is my old one which is a bit race sweated up..lol
My mobile is 07903863517
Cheers Joss
Excellent Joss. I'll check the appropriate diaries and see what can be arranged. I'll be in touch when I have sorted things out.

Grant
Old 24 Apr 2010, 16:52 (Ref:2679031)   #7
Andrew Busby
Rookie

Andrew Busby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Those Corvettes are the business arn't they Andy?
I thought about getting one instead of my M5, but the thought of driving my noisey EVO or the Mrs's Wranger every we take our daughter/friends out made my mind up very quickly for me.
In the M5 I can take the familly out and get to rag it about on trackdays too
I have never driven one of those Vettes and I have driven most things with my line of business including Zonda, most Ferraris, Lambos, Gt40, Skyline GTR, Smart Passion lol etc but never a wild Corvette.
Bet its great for big smoky sideways crowd pleasers
But unfourtunately for you Andy I think that unless you have had some tricks done to the awsomely quick Corvette a certain weedy hatchback will give it an embarressing spanking
I fear its only paddock talk on my part........its a road car.....has had a few things done to it but pretty stock spec but a great car to drive.....handles surprisingly well. Have taken it to a few trackdays and had more than a few GT3 drivers smirk when we turn up in it. After the 1st runs.......they ain't smirking no more!
Old 24 Apr 2010, 18:43 (Ref:2679058)   #8
Rovcoup
Racer

England
Worthing,west sussex
Rovcoup should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only down the road for me so will pop in.
Old 1 May 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2682881)   #9
Copperbottom
Veteran

Copperbottom has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
How'd it go Joss?