Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jun 2007, 22:53 (Ref:1947690)   #1
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
UK: Watch British F1 GP in the cinema!

thats right, for £15 (£7.50 kiddies) you can watch the British F1 GP at a Vue Cinema near you...

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=31881

15 quid? are they having a laff?!!!

Quote:
Formula One™ Grand Prix is coming to the big screen as Vue plays host to the British Grand Prix. For the first time in history, cinema goers will be able to experience all the excitement of the Grand Prix in stunning HD Quality and Dolby Digital 5:1 Surround Sound. Watch Lewis Hamilton race to the finish line without the disruption of commercial breaks and in the comfort of a fully air-conditioned auditorium. This unique experience also includes a complimentary official race programme worth £10, a free drink and a bag of popcorn.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 23:27 (Ref:1947702)   #2
Adie
Rookie

United Kingdom
Adie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll watch it at Silverstone thanks!!
Old 27 Jun 2007, 04:42 (Ref:1947786)   #3
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I'd go to that if it was reasonably doable. From my location, I guess I would be willing to drive up to three hours to experience that. It would be far more appealing if it was Imax, too.

I'd quite like to experience watching a race in a cinema setting.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 07:54 (Ref:1947872)   #4
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adie
I'll watch it at Silverstone thanks!!
Me too!

Although as Dutton says, it's not a bad idea for those who can't attend the race.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 08:56 (Ref:1947922)   #5
SteveA
Rookie

SteveA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope they have an HD feed! An SD image blown up to the size of a cinema screen (especially IMAX) is gonna look pretty ropey.

Where are they getting 5.1 sound? Is this available from source or are they just putting it through some processor to give a psuedo surround-sound effect (which would not be very good!)
Old 27 Jun 2007, 08:58 (Ref:1947924)   #6
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
£15 with a drink, popcorn and programme. You couldn't get a hollywood movie for less than that price so I think it's reasonable.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 09:03 (Ref:1947931)   #7
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And no ad breaks either. Pretty good idea, shame I'll be at the race!
Old 27 Jun 2007, 09:23 (Ref:1947946)   #8
SteveA
Rookie

SteveA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I decline the "official program worth £10", can I get in for a fiver?
Old 27 Jun 2007, 09:36 (Ref:1947953)   #9
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hm... They never did this when DC was at McLaren....

Funny that.

Old 27 Jun 2007, 09:54 (Ref:1947966)   #10
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Who will be doing the commentry though... James in surround sound... horror!!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 11:55 (Ref:1948045)   #11
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmunky

Funny that.

Yikes! DC's head in widescreen on the big screen! Scary!

Based on that they'll give it an 18 certificate
Old 27 Jun 2007, 19:40 (Ref:1948437)   #12
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
seems quite good, expecially with free drink, program and popcorn, although yeh it would be nice to have a bit oif confirmation that it would actually be a hd feed and sound quality
Old 27 Jun 2007, 19:43 (Ref:1948443)   #13
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I would rather have hoped it could be taken for granted...

It surely wouldn't be worth doing this if it is not going to be top-class? Something like this has to hit first time, IMO.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 21:06 (Ref:1948518)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockymunky
or even when Jim Clark was in a Lotus!

Sounds like a good idea. Although I don't think I'd do it, but I hope it is a success.

Last edited by Adam43; 29 Jun 2007 at 09:32. Reason: er, wrong quote, made no sense.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 21:10 (Ref:1948523)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The race programme and everything is a nice touch.

Very good, although I'd prefer to be trackside or at home really.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 21:11 (Ref:1948524)   #16
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
I wouldn't do it often.

Not being at home would mean the inability to cut out ads and use multiple channels for archive related activities. It costs money too. I could do without another regular expense.

I would certainly do it once, if it was properly done with full effects and all the rest of it. I would have to take in that experience at least once.

I would have to be at home for any races I considered important in some specific way.

Last edited by Dutton; 27 Jun 2007 at 21:15.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 21:14 (Ref:1948528)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where exactly are they getting their HD feed from? That isn't done yet is it?
Old 27 Jun 2007, 21:15 (Ref:1948530)   #18
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could take in a digital radio and headphones?
Old 27 Jun 2007, 21:17 (Ref:1948533)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

And a laptop for the live timing.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 21:23 (Ref:1948539)   #20
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
They better had provide a wireless connection. They should do that if they can.

Have a designated "Laptop Area" or something, with a screen up to protect the non-livetime lobby from the stress of complaining about the light and noise of the laptops.

I wonder how many people who turned up would be nerds such as ourselves, as compared to the general gumph?
Old 27 Jun 2007, 21:25 (Ref:1948543)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Approximately two people probably.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 10:42 (Ref:1948886)   #22
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds quite good. And £15 isn't that much when you get the free program, drink and popcorn. Had I been a Brit and unable to get to the track I'd definantly do it.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 17:53 (Ref:1949026)   #23
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im considering doing it
Old 29 Jun 2007, 07:26 (Ref:1949471)   #24
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cool, if you do let us know how it goes. you can tell me what i missed whilst on the hanger straight for 3 days...
Old 29 Jun 2007, 08:55 (Ref:1949528)   #25
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I'll keep hold of my £15 and use it to buy a medium Coca Cola at Silverstone.