Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the race?
Hamilton 26 37.68%
Rosberg 0 0%
Ricciardo 4 5.80%
Vettel 7 10.14%
Bottas 0 0%
Massa 3 4.35%
Alonso 2 2.90%
Raikkonen 1 1.45%
Button 0 0%
Magnussen 1 1.45%
Kvyat 0 0%
Vergne 21 30.43%
Perez 2 2.90%
Hulkenberg 0 0%
Sutil 0 0%
Gutierrez 0 0%
Grosjean 0 0%
Maldonado 0 0%
Chilton 0 0%
Bianchi 0 0%
Ericsson 1 1.45%
Kobayashi 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Sep 2014, 12:53 (Ref:3456295)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race: Singapore Grand Prix 2014

Who is your driver of the race?
Old 21 Sep 2014, 14:39 (Ref:3456317)   #2
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
LH for me. Great qualification, and some very grown up driving at end of race to make back so much time.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 14:55 (Ref:3456325)   #3
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Curious if I can choose Vettel or Ricciardo, because I like both of these drivers finishing on the podium. Decision is coming soon...
Old 21 Sep 2014, 15:42 (Ref:3456341)   #4
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
After that safety car came out, I figured Mercedes screwed up royally with their tire selection and that was it for Lewis's hopes at victory but his amazing run on the super-softs, managing to pit and come out in a close second place, and then breeze by Vettel to reclaim the lead, makes Lewis the clear favorite here.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 15:53 (Ref:3456343)   #5
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
"Amazing" Lewis gets my vote....
Old 21 Sep 2014, 16:17 (Ref:3456347)   #6
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now voted on Vettel.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 17:29 (Ref:3456361)   #7
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, Lewis did get pole and win - but he was helped today by his teammate having bad luck. Kudos to him though - he still had to cope with pressure in this race(safety car, tyres and his pass on Vettel).

Vettel did well today as well. He is always good around here. He even beat his teammate - for once!

Likewise another strong race for Danny Boy.

Good result for Alonso again. Out performing the car again - despite his hiccup at the start and first corner.

Vergne had a strong race to 6th.

You also got to single out Massa - 38 laps on those tyres and a 5th.

I'm tempted to give it to Massa - but I suppose I am going to actually give it to Vettel for a strong 2nd place around a track he is always good at.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 17:47 (Ref:3456366)   #8
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vergne for me, fantastic last few laps from him, Massa deserves a mention aswell, really clever, quick drive.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 18:09 (Ref:3456367)   #9
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Vergne for me, fantastic last few laps from him, Massa deserves a mention aswell, really clever, quick drive.
Yeah me too, he drove with adrenalin, not with the best car like those on the podium!
Old 21 Sep 2014, 19:51 (Ref:3456389)   #10
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ericsson did what he could.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3456393)   #11
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
JEV. Fiesty.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 21:54 (Ref:3456416)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not really too sure who to vote for as it wasn't an outstanding race and I thought Lewis pretty much had it from the outset, after Rosberg's steering wheel problem and DNF. JEV possibly but when it comes to decisions like this I'll give it to Alonso for getting that dog of a Ferrari in the top 4.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 22:01 (Ref:3456419)   #13
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Plenty of good reasons for giving it to Hamilton. Perhaps I should have.

But I gave it to JEV, mainly for the move on Raikkonen, which was awesome.

Couldn't possibly give it to Alonso: that first corner move was ludicrous. He was very lucky not to get a penalty. BBC explained the lack of penalty as being because he was already in front of Riciardo when he went off. Yet he passed both Red Bulls with his fronts fully locked and not even looking like he might go anywhere near the corner. Something needs to be done about these silly run-off areas.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 23:40 (Ref:3456438)   #14
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I voted Perez.
7th at the end, while he was 14th with 10 laps to go (make that 9 as they didn't complete the race distance)

Good race for Vergne, he deserved that.
A very decent showing for Ericsson as well, this time.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 00:27 (Ref:3456449)   #15
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
My vote goes to Perez. Great drive from 15th on the grid. Then he was driving for a whole lap with his broken wing under the car after getting side swiped into the wall then to pass 5 or 6 cars on the last 10 laps to finish 7th two places ahead of his teammate. I mean who else? Maybe JEV
Old 22 Sep 2014, 05:03 (Ref:3456502)   #16
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 05:06 (Ref:3456505)   #17
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Probably Lewis with the speed he had after the SC. 3secs a lap faster? Damn, where'd that come from. They didn't have 3s in qualifying!

SV... he only just held on and overall, was not quicker than DR. Anywhere else he may have been passed by him. Both were fairly evenly matched but you could see in the first stint SV dropped a lot at the end of his stint, some laps 1s slower than Dani.

Alonso was 2nd fastest and yet finished 4th - in some ways he didn't get the full potential. He didn't even attempt a pass at the end on the RB's. But he did destroy Kimi again.

I'd like to give it to Verge, but one can't ignore the multitude of penalties he served early on.

Massa was decent, finishign well ahead of Bottas on 1 or 2 lap older tyres. Not sure what Bottas' issues at the end were though, maybe not tyres.

Perez was good, once again beating Hulk and further enforcing that Hulk isn't the underrated star/future champion that everyone thinks he is.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 06:10 (Ref:3456515)   #18
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lewis Hamilton put in a mature drive; it was good to hear the way he dealt with the radio transmissions. Firm but in control and calm; it was all very insightful into how he handles races these days. An excellent win.

However, my driver of the race is Vergne. He really started figuring on my radar in the latter stages of the race and put in some great moves. Wow- that one with Raikkonen was tight.

Talking of Raikkonen, it was a relief to see him have a much better day albeit not DOTR material. Vettel was back on some kind of form too.

Good drives from Massa and Button too.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 07:38 (Ref:3456534)   #19
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Probably Lewis with the speed he had after the SC. 3secs a lap faster? Damn, where'd that come from. They didn't have 3s in qualifying!
Good thing he is not driving a Red Bull, otherwise people would be crying "cheating" again like last year (it was this track as well, wasn't it.)
Old 22 Sep 2014, 08:02 (Ref:3456544)   #20
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Massa for me. Great drive under the radar it would seem.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 22 Sep 2014, 11:55 (Ref:3456583)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i don't know if there's an outright winner on this one for me.

lewis drove a great race, and did what he had to, when he had to to win it.

jev was righteous in those last few laps - it's all very well having the tyre advantage but on a circuit you can't overtake on the key is in the overtaking. and then creating a big enough gap to cover a penalty, all in a couple of laps? that was good going.

i feel like others that massa deserved some recognition for his finish, but was his car that much slower than the red bulls?
Old 22 Sep 2014, 13:03 (Ref:3456594)   #22
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i don't know if there's an outright winner on this one for me.

lewis drove a great race, and did what he had to, when he had to to win it.

jev was righteous in those last few laps - it's all very well having the tyre advantage but on a circuit you can't overtake on the key is in the overtaking. and then creating a big enough gap to cover a penalty, all in a couple of laps? that was good going.

i feel like others that massa deserved some recognition for his finish, but was his car that much slower than the red bulls?
Felipe has said he was 'driving like a grandmother' to conserve his tyres, and went fast enough to stay away from the bunch behind. He reckons car was fast but he had to look after the tyres for 10 laps more than expected. I voted for him on that basis. Bottas involved in a close race behind was unable to do the same.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 13:11 (Ref:3456597)   #23
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that's a good point. bottas really struggled right at the end after having to fight for position with vergne, massa must have been very close to being in the same situation. was it established whether bottas did indeed have a power steering issue or not?
Old 22 Sep 2014, 15:14 (Ref:3456628)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
JEV for me.

if Ferrari played an alarm sound over Kimi's radio would that be considered a coded message for 'wake the heck up'?
Old 22 Sep 2014, 18:25 (Ref:3456687)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
that's a good point. bottas really struggled right at the end after having to fight for position with vergne, massa must have been very close to being in the same situation. was it established whether bottas did indeed have a power steering issue or not?
Apparently the steering issue affected his ability to look after his tyres.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115986