Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 14 Apr 2012, 22:26 (Ref:3059169)   #1
Rufalike
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rufalike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Willhire ford capri 2.8 "Bt " car/ roger Williams

I am looking for photos/ info on the yellow Capri campaigned by roger Williams in the willhire 24 hours races in the early 80s

It was painted Bt yellow and appeared on programmes and advertising footage at the time

The car is still alive and I'd like to piece together it's history.

Kind regards
Old 12 May 2012, 18:23 (Ref:3073141)   #2
cubanreef
Rookie

cubanreef should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Willhire ford capri 2.8 "Bt " car/ roger Williams

I don't know if anyone has replied to this post but the Willhire Telecom Capri did appear at a few promo events in the early 80's and had the reg number DGF 400X. Using this and DVLA's Vehicle licensing online service, I see that its very much alive being either taxed or SORN'ed till November 2012.
Has anyone got any photos of this? I have a few which I scanned in recently so I might post them on Flickr.

Also, I can't believe OK YAH recently sold - publicly - and for a seemingly modest price! I would have paid 10 times that price. Anyone agree?
Old 18 May 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3076093)   #3
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember the car being severely damaged by Barrie Williams after rolling it - I think 1984 event but could've been earlier?
Old 18 May 2012, 16:04 (Ref:3076162)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Err,hope Whizzo doesn't read that! LoL. It was Roger who hung it off a little too far,dug in and barrel rolled in practice. The car was actually owned by a very good friend of mine,Chris Conoley. Funnily enough,I have just bought a magazine with an article by Roger and the Telecom years. PM me for any info I might be able to give.Glad the car is still about btw.
Old 20 May 2012, 19:40 (Ref:3076972)   #5
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Terry - I thought it was Squeaker who was driving at the time, he was definitely one of the drivers wasn't he? It wouldn't have been the first time he rolled someone elses car at Snett either, lol!!
Old 21 May 2012, 06:58 (Ref:3077108)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No,he wasn't in the team that year,possibly the Mazda?
Old 21 May 2012, 08:32 (Ref:3077142)   #7
Sarnie
Racer

England
Middx.
Sarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have seen it for sale on various sites for what must be 5 or more years, with a TVR 4.5 V8 fitted. Just had a quick look and found it's still for sale if ad is current......

http://www.poundad.co.uk/advert_disp...ow%2C+3+Owners.

Agree with cubanreef 'Ok Yah' should have been worth more, always like'd it, infact my race Capri has always had similar silver stripes but on blue