Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 27 Oct 2014, 13:11 (Ref:3469057)   #576
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
I suppose Jr. could've let Gordon take the win. Then again I think NASCAR really, really doesn't like team orders. I can't remember the exact circumstances, but it wasn't too long ago they investigated a couple of teams suspected to using team orders. It went against the spirit of stock car racing (or something like that) which, according to NASCAR in that case if my memory serves me right, states that every team should try to win every race they enter.
Michael Waltrip got busted in '13 for trying throw the race in his favour by pulling some of his other cars off under false pretenses, so that Truex could scramble into the chase.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 00:46 (Ref:3471003)   #577
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just hard racing by the 2 car. Replay shows the 24 coming down.
Pushing and shoving after the race is getting old. That was a 4 or 5 team scrum.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 00:48 (Ref:3471004)   #578
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
And people wonder why I don't give a damn about NASCAR and why I think that it's motorsports version of the WWE.

So much of this crap is getting old fast, and I'll probably be quitting as a mod at another forum over it.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 01:09 (Ref:3471020)   #579
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Just hard racing by the 2 car. Replay shows the 24 coming down.
Pushing and shoving after the race is getting old. That was a 4 or 5 team scrum.

Eh, it's better than doing it while still strapped in their cars. The other drivers may hate him, but I bet Nascar loves Brad, he's putting them in the news every week. This is entertaining, but you also feel a little dirty afterwards for watching
Old 3 Nov 2014, 01:13 (Ref:3471021)   #580
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, I'm not a fan of these brawls and fights either. Someone could have gotten injured.

As for what happened on track, I don't think Brad did anything wrong. But at the same time I can understand Jeff's frustration. He'll probably take back most of what he said during his interview. If anything, this is a great example for why the flared fenders can be a problem.

The race was pretty boring. I was tuning in and out while doing other things. The number of debris cautions was ridiculous! Is it really necessary to have a completely clean track out there? Congrats to Jimmie though, #70.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 01:25 (Ref:3471027)   #581
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
BK gets a bit borderline whilst racing but equally his driving wasn't conspicuously that bad today either. I suppose you get a bit of out shape when you are in for the win, get a "thud", and think "oh, it's 'im again".

I'd sooner them taking a swing at each other mano a mano than battering each other using the cars whilst in the pits mind you.

Last edited by Paradise City; 3 Nov 2014 at 01:32.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 01:26 (Ref:3471028)   #582
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Won't someone think of the children!
Old 3 Nov 2014, 01:31 (Ref:3471030)   #583
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Won't someone think of the children!
Gordon'd shock a sailor with his swearing when he's mad.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 02:21 (Ref:3471038)   #584
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What was with the push from behind by Harvick, so BK was then within arm reach of Gordon?
Old 3 Nov 2014, 03:35 (Ref:3471047)   #585
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think he was pushing BK back into the mix with Jeffy

So, Harvick has said Kenseth wont win the title, guess BK wont win it now if the #24 has anything to do with it - its getting interesting...

Points...

Denny Hamlin - 4072
Joey Logano - 4072
Ryan Newman - 4070
Jeff Gordon - 4060
Carl Edwards - 4059
Matt Kenseth - 4059
Brad Keselowski - 4055
Kevin Harvick - 4054
Old 3 Nov 2014, 04:09 (Ref:3471053)   #586
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see there was another girl fight after the race....

Old 3 Nov 2014, 05:43 (Ref:3471062)   #587
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I see there was another girl fight after the race....

No! No! You got it wrong! There was another race before the girl fight. Think of it like a really long pre-game show before the main event.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 08:54 (Ref:3471102)   #588
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Jeff wants everyone to give him racing room, Hmm sounds familiar to other drivers in a few other racing series, Nothing but racing, Maybe Jeff should give it away if he cant match it ,

NASCAR is getting so ho hum, and as for , BK coming from behind, well , maybe he likes a bit of rear action.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 09:53 (Ref:3471116)   #589
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
What was with the push from behind by Harvick, so BK was then within arm reach of Gordon?
Harvicks comment:
"I mean if you are going to run into people all the time you are going to have to fight your own fight, so I helped him get into it."

Last time I heard that was on a 3rd grade playground.

Oh the humanity if we have GWC at Homestead!
Old 3 Nov 2014, 12:46 (Ref:3471165)   #590
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
I love the wad-did-eye-doo look on Brad's face and then the John Wayne "aw, it wuz nuthin'" brush off when Jamie asked him about the almost invisible mark on his face after that bout with Gentleman Jeff Gordon and half the NASCAR paddock. Funny stuff.

Last edited by Paradise City; 3 Nov 2014 at 12:57.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 14:38 (Ref:3471198)   #591
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Here's a slow-mo clip of the contact between the 2 and 24.

At first I thought Brad didn't do anything wrong but now I might change my stance. Out of all the cars in that clip, Brad was the only that kept drifting up the race track. He changed his lane at the entry of the corner and he went for a hole that wasn't there. I can see why other drivers get frustrated when racing this guy.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 21:38 (Ref:3471346)   #592
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does slow-mo mean anything when cars are running at 300kph +?
Old 3 Nov 2014, 22:07 (Ref:3471358)   #593
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Here's a slow-mo clip of the contact between the 2 and 24.

At first I thought Brad didn't do anything wrong but now I might change my stance. Out of all the cars in that clip, Brad was the only that kept drifting up the race track. He changed his lane at the entry of the corner and he went for a hole that wasn't there. I can see why other drivers get frustrated when racing this guy.
i reckon that shows the opposite, Brad went up a bit, Jeff came down a lot, both at fault, racing incident. There was 2 car widths before Jeff turned in, and only .5 once into the turn. Brad's left front was lining up with the pavement join, and IMO would have stayed on that line.

Compare McMurray and Harvick, they maintain the gap through the transition from straight to turn.

Compare where Jeff sits in relation to Harvick before the transition, with where the car sits after the transition into the turn. Totally comes across the nose and would have been turned by Harvick if not clear. So what's the difference with Brad being next to Jeff?

If I was Brad and not under probation, I would have turned around and snotted Harvick. Probably would have done it even if on probation. Pushing someone into a fight? "You are going to have to fight your own fight"? How about you fight your own fight Harvick and leave the Brad/Jeff issue to Brad and Jeff?
Old 4 Nov 2014, 00:15 (Ref:3471401)   #594
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
The issue is the cut tyre - if the #24 didn't cut a tyre & continued on all would be ok, words still said probably after the race tho.... 3 to 4 wide racing happens all day through the pack (on re-starts) & both those drivers know it & have cut tyres before - the pressure of the championship is getting to them & the next 2 races should have even more aggressive (dirty?) tactics, will be entertaining!
Old 4 Nov 2014, 00:33 (Ref:3471406)   #595
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
The issue is the cut tyre - if the #24 didn't cut a tyre & continued on all would be ok, words still said probably after the race tho.... 3 to 4 wide racing happens all day through the pack (on re-starts) & both those drivers know it & have cut tyres before - the pressure of the championship is getting to them & the next 2 races should have even more aggressive (dirty?) tactics, will be entertaining!
From Gordon's pov, he in it to winnit, he got a noisy bang and suddenly he's spun with a cut tire. He's going to be irate, rights and wrongs of it notwithstanding.

It's just whenever these guys do their fisticuffs it underlines that this is not the sport of Cale Yarborough. They just look ridiculous and unconvincing in comparison.
Old 4 Nov 2014, 04:17 (Ref:3471444)   #596
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The video proves to me that I despise both Keso and Gordo.
Old 4 Nov 2014, 08:30 (Ref:3471464)   #597
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NASCAR to investigate, pffff, - Real speak, Oh Pretty Boy Jeff didn't like a racing incident, so now lets fine some one, PFFFT, Jeff its time to give it a away, cant handle racing in tight conditions, then give it away.

Glad Roger supports his driver, he was racing, something Jeff has forgotten,
"Oh I'm Jeff Gordon, you must let me lead and win" A down an out right sook.

And as for Mr Harvick, Hmm ,obviously a little loser too, , I don't want to be involved, but I will start the crap and run, are yes, typical school yard crap. He is the one the needs a fine and points loss, along with his , Super Jock mate Gordon.

Get over and get a life, maybe in sprint cars at speedway, or TRans Am, or something else.

NASCAR really need some go nads
Old 4 Nov 2014, 21:11 (Ref:3471617)   #598
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The backlash from Gordon and fans is more a case of Kes' reputation than his racing that night. I think the brass have made it clear they are ok/love when drivers settle things outside of their cars, so I don't actually think there will be serious action taken. Kes is on probation for ramming other cars, not getting jumped in the last fight so not expecting any points penalty for this one.

That said, the #2's chance for winning this championship gets smaller and smaller, other drivers may not actively try to wreck him (though I think that's actually what Harvick was trying to do on the last lap), but they won't cut him any slack, and this time Logano doesn't already have win so he can't play sidekick.

Last edited by divxx; 4 Nov 2014 at 21:17.
Old 5 Nov 2014, 14:39 (Ref:3471832)   #599
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some penalties have been handed out:
Quote:
Gordon's crew chief Alan Gustafson and Kahne's crew chief Kenny Francis received the highest penalties - $50,000 fines and probation for six races - under the NASCAR regulation that states that the "crew chief assumes responsibility for the actions of his team members". Both were also cited for behavioural penalties and actions detrimental to stock car racing.

Hendrick team members Jeremy Fuller, Dwayne Doucette and Jason Ingle have all received $25,000 fines, with Dean Mozingo given a $10,000 punishment. All four have been put on probation for three events.
Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116616

More or less what I expected.

I'm looking forward to Phoenix
Old 6 Nov 2014, 11:27 (Ref:3472192)   #600
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Fines as penalties - wow, that will upset the applecart... Penalties are points deductions on a driver, making it hard for them to win championships - not that any drivers deserve point penalties, rubbins racin' aint it good ol' boys!
Keselowski is super aggressive when needed - I reckon the chevy drivers are scared of that & cant match him!