Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 Oct 2014, 11:04 (Ref:3470213)   #1176
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.213km View Post
He's just backing up what everyone is already thinking ....

Whether your a manufacturer or team like Nissan , Erebus

A driver like Craig Lowndes, SVG, Rick Kelly, Wil Davison

A reporter from Speedcafe / Auto Action

You've been told by an organisation that you must be @ Sydney Motorsport Park ...

Telling stakeholders in a very small clicky industry you 'Cant do something' will come back to bite #V8SC

All of these parties are missing, what is becoming, THE BEST ENDURANCE RACE IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE....

A lot of people have spoken out about this and rightly so.

What is for sure , the 2015 B12Hrs will be huge - and no date clash will stop the momentum this race has.

If #V8SC date clash in 2016 ... I think the backlash could be so huge, it could destroy the very nature of #V8SC - stakeholders might angrily put up with being played with once, but twice - Game over.

The B12Hrs has already won the race - this event has a future. #V8SC is in the process of working out its mess - but its impending formula looks like it will be a combination of GT3 looks and COTF base .... might as well call em sports sedans.

#V8SC won the war in 1997/98 against the world 2L formula... Milk comes in 2L they said .... well tissues come in boxes, and Warburton has well and truly boxed himself into a corner on this one.

To our international audience - B12Hrs is here to stay - thank you for taking an interest in what will be one of the most Epic motorsport events on the annual calendar.

#GT3
+2
Old 31 Oct 2014, 11:17 (Ref:3470218)   #1177
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Thinking ahead for 2016, I hope B12h organisers choose two dates and then say publicly they don't want to clash with the V8SC test, then choose which date after the V8s calendar is chosen.

Maybe this will be too impractical to do, but it would give them further high ground to operate if it were possible.
Old 31 Oct 2014, 22:39 (Ref:3470343)   #1178
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Thinking ahead for 2016, I hope B12h organisers choose two dates and then say publicly they don't want to clash with the V8SC test, then choose which date after the V8s calendar is chosen.

Maybe this will be too impractical to do, but it would give them further high ground to operate if it were possible.

Why ? The 12 hour is thriving, V8SC have displayed their true nature and has to suffer the baklash, stuff em
Old 31 Oct 2014, 22:49 (Ref:3470346)   #1179
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is there any way this thread could actually concentrate on the B12H as opposed to trying to measure genitalia length with the V8SC group?

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 31 Oct 2014, 22:54 (Ref:3470352)   #1180
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
In 10 years time , the cars of today will be those being talked about. Seems odd to want to pee in your pond for no particular purpose
You're making the assumption of the year that V8SC will have anything like that clout in 10 years time.
Old 31 Oct 2014, 22:57 (Ref:3470353)   #1181
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Marino Franchitti exploring Bathurst 12H start

31 October 2014 - National NewsSports car racer Marino Franchitti is pitching for a start at the Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour in February Read More
'Tis a great name to add to the list for sure, but the lack of track time will weigh heavily against him.

Especially when there's now quite a few Euro drivers with a number of years experience, i.e. Schneider, Salo, Griffiths, Long, et al.
Old 31 Oct 2014, 23:26 (Ref:3470363)   #1182
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Is there any way this thread could actually concentrate on the B12H as opposed to trying to measure genitalia length with the V8SC group?

GTR - Nothing to do with genitalia length - no date clash, no controversy.

I am actually of the view Warburton / Network 10 have given the B12Hr the biggest free kick in Australian Motorsport. Before they did this most of the Aussie racing public may have remembered when the event was on too late to have bothered attending - there is no doubt in anyones mind now when its on .... its on the same day as the v8test.

I have watched every B12Hrs since 1991 - the early incarnation on television, and since its return this century have attended every event at the mountain.

I am a firm believer in this race, it has a good history, it has a brighter future. The B24Hrs and B12Hrs have all been brilliant events. Proper endurance events for class cars - different manufacturers using their own technologies.

B12Hr and its perfect fit with GT3 makes for an awesome event. The interest from overseas drivers, and more and more overseas teams showcases our hallowed mountain like never before.

With social media, and world travel Bathurst has never been more accessible to the rest of the world then it is now.

I have believed in the concept of this race for a very very long time.

I wish all at the B12Hr organisation all the very best in a successful 2015 event and beyond. This is your time in the sun, it doesn't last forever, even the might of V8SC is beginning to realise this. So while GT3 has the worlds attention, so too must Bathurst have the attention of the world.

This race is the future of Mt Panorama - no doubt in my mind about that. And a certain other organisation is secretly thinking the same.

All from a passionate fan.
Old 1 Nov 2014, 00:21 (Ref:3470380)   #1183
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.213km View Post
GTR - Nothing to do with genitalia length - no date clash, no controversy.

I am actually of the view Warburton / Network 10 have given the B12Hr the biggest free kick in Australian Motorsport. Before they did this most of the Aussie racing public may have remembered when the event was on too late to have bothered attending - there is no doubt in anyones mind now when its on .... its on the same day as the v8test.

I have watched every B12Hrs since 1991 - the early incarnation on television, and since its return this century have attended every event at the mountain.

I am a firm believer in this race, it has a good history, it has a brighter future. The B24Hrs and B12Hrs have all been brilliant events. Proper endurance events for class cars - different manufacturers using their own technologies.

B12Hr and its perfect fit with GT3 makes for an awesome event. The interest from overseas drivers, and more and more overseas teams showcases our hallowed mountain like never before.

With social media, and world travel Bathurst has never been more accessible to the rest of the world then it is now.

I have believed in the concept of this race for a very very long time.

I wish all at the B12Hr organisation all the very best in a successful 2015 event and beyond. This is your time in the sun, it doesn't last forever, even the might of V8SC is beginning to realise this. So while GT3 has the worlds attention, so too must Bathurst have the attention of the world.

This race is the future of Mt Panorama - no doubt in my mind about that. And a certain other organisation is secretly thinking the same.

All from a passionate fan.
exactly, James Obrien must be laughing at all the free publicity V8SC has given the event. Who needs to pay for billboards on the highway, when James Warburton has been giving it for free for the last 3 months.
Old 1 Nov 2014, 01:53 (Ref:3470400)   #1184
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
In 10 years time , the cars of today will be those being talked about. Seems odd to want to pee in your pond for no particular purpose
For no particular purpose?What about stating your own principles and beliefs?What about the right for the press to report and comment freely without fear of retribution whether that comes from Eddie Obeid or James Warburton?
The fear of losing V8SA accreditation has been an effective blackmail tool against everyone involved in Motorsport media in Australia for nearly 2 decades.It is good to see someone coming out of the closet of fear on this.
Old 1 Nov 2014, 02:03 (Ref:3470404)   #1185
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

The decision made by Warburton has the potential to affect motorsport in this country in the immediate and long term future, so why are motorsport fans not going to want to talk about it ? 3 months to go until the race, so not a lot to discuss at the moment race wise. I may be off the mark GTR, but you seem pretty keen to shut this sort of conversation down with your latest post and multiple "the sky is falling" posts ?
Old 1 Nov 2014, 04:39 (Ref:3470424)   #1186
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
For no particular purpose?What about stating your own principles and beliefs?What about the right for the press to report and comment freely without fear of retribution whether that comes from Eddie Obeid or James Warburton?
The fear of losing V8SA accreditation has been an effective blackmail tool against everyone involved in Motorsport media in Australia for nearly 2 decades.It is good to see someone coming out of the closet of fear on this.
My interest?

To concentrate on the B12H and what it brings and ignore everyone else

Point scoring achieves nothing here

Let the V8SC crew do what they want to do, but jeez do we have to read in every post in this thread some barb about some action that will help V8SC fail

Its boringly repetitive and does very little for the conversation

Does that make sense?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 1 Nov 2014, 07:27 (Ref:3470440)   #1187
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
My interest?

Let the V8SC crew do what they want to do, but jeez do we have to read in every post in this thread some barb about some action that will help V8SC fail

Does that make sense?
You may be a moderator, but feel free to not participate. It's only on forums such as this and others, plus facebook and twitter, that everyone gets the opportunity to vent. If you cared to listen to last weeks MWM, the point was made on the amount of dissatisfaction about this ongoing saga, across Australian motorsport forums and social media, so the message is hopefully getting through to the boneheads at V8SC's. I get the feeling that they have boxed themselves into a corner, with their ridiculously, arrogant attitude, and now don't want to lose face.
I do agree, that it is becoming tiresome, and frankly, other than feeling sorry for the drivers, I am over it too. The B12H will survive and prosper in spite of the actions of the other mob. The up side is, we'll hopefully get to see more o/s GT drivers.
Old 1 Nov 2014, 11:39 (Ref:3470473)   #1188
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My interest?

Does that make sense?
I do get what your saying.

However, the date clash has been the biggest talking point of late to do with the 12hr, the story was the front cover for Auto Action last week after all, the story is keeping on giving at the moment. It's not just threads on tentenths.com talking about this. Just a glance at the V8Supercars facebook page for instance shows the kind of curry they are getting.

If we just ignore the date clash and talk about other things, what do we do in 2016 and 2017 if there is another date clash? Bury our heads again?
Old 2 Nov 2014, 11:17 (Ref:3470807)   #1189
goat69
Racer

goat69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just bought tickets and paid for accomadation. Looking forward to it. 50 cars confirms so far and what a varied field. How many more teams would likely to join in?
Old 2 Nov 2014, 20:30 (Ref:3470914)   #1190
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've heard that there is 4 more class A cars to be confirmed.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 21:36 (Ref:3470935)   #1191
GroupCAction
Rookie

Australia
Sydney, Australia
GroupCAction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luff & Winslow to partner McLaughlan in his Audi R8 LMS Ultra

Another seriously strong combo right there
Old 2 Nov 2014, 21:39 (Ref:3470936)   #1192
Nadz44
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Nadz44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by velly4 View Post
A pair of z4's, the 2nd Quinn McLaren and the Inky Tulloch Camaro will finish off that list nicely I reckon....
Old 2 Nov 2014, 22:32 (Ref:3470953)   #1193
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by velly4 View Post
That was the talk days before the Craft Bamboo entries. Have you heard this since their entries ?
Old 2 Nov 2014, 22:35 (Ref:3470958)   #1194
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Double post

Last edited by Reload; 2 Nov 2014 at 22:45.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 22:38 (Ref:3470962)   #1195
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat69 View Post
just bought tickets and paid for accomadation. Looking forward to it. 50 cars confirms so far and what a varied field. How many more teams would likely to join in?
Who knows how many more cars may enter. The 55 car limit being lifted may encourage a few more who may have thought that they have missed the boat. Phoenix are taking their time and would love to see WRT.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 22:44 (Ref:3470965)   #1196
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupCAction View Post

I'm surprised that Luff didn't get a Craft Bamboo seat.
Definitely a contender with that line up.
Experienced Australian driver Warren Luff and international sportscar racer James Winslow will lead Jamec Pem Racing’s bid for Bathurst 12 Hour glory Read More
Old 2 Nov 2014, 23:02 (Ref:3470969)   #1197
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupCAction View Post

Luffy will be on the money, dunno about Winslow though and the car is a little past it.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 23:56 (Ref:3470988)   #1198
GroupCAction
Rookie

Australia
Sydney, Australia
GroupCAction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfiOz View Post
Luffy will be on the money, dunno about Winslow though and the car is a little past it.
Winslow has been in the Equity One Audi all season in AUS GT & has been doing a mega job! I reckon they are in with a good shot of a Top 5 if the cards fall right.

There is some seriously good steerer's that are probably a little unknown as some of the bigger names that'll get seats... Winslow, Antunes... People like Liam Talbot... Hopefully they can shine come February
Old 2 Nov 2014, 23:58 (Ref:3470990)   #1199
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
That was the talk days before the Craft Bamboo entries. Have you heard this since their entries ?
Correct. It's what I heard after the Craft entry. They couldn't say anymore than that.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 09:02 (Ref:3471105)   #1200
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I see Speedcafe have a poll on peoples favourite GT3 car. Interesting to note that they insinuate that there is a BMW Z4 down under. Doubt it. Would be hard to hide

http://m.speedcafe.com/2014/11/03/po...urite-gt3-car/