Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 May 2000, 00:20 (Ref:1633)   #1
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No this isn't a joke, from Formula1.com, very good site.

30 year old British supermodel Naomi Campell and Benetton team boss Flavio Briatore will marry this September, according to several German newspapers today (Wednesday).
Briatore is quoted as saying, "I want to go to the altar with her. Naomi has given my life the right direction." In September last year it seemed that their relationship was finished, after two years together, but not long ago the British media reported their reconciliation.

They must really like each other, she obviosly isn't there for the looks

-Minardi Fan, where are you?

[This message has been edited by Mr.S (edited 26 May 2000).]
Old 26 May 2000, 07:59 (Ref:1634)   #2
Devlin
Racer

Devlin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hmmmmm. Let's see - Naomi was with Flav when he was "Il Capo" of Benetton. When he was dumped by the young Rocco, she dumped him as well (don't you almost feel sorry for the poor sod?). And now he's back in the saddle, and voila - Naomi's back too! That can only mean one thing - she's trying to get a Benetton drive! Pizzonia, Pantani, Wurz...no, Campbell! By the way, I read an article in F1 Racing about Flav's return to F1. Apparently, they all gahered in Benetton's factory, and after Rocco gave his farewell speech, Flav took the floor and said: "Hello, everybody. In Formula 1 there are ****ers and there are winners. I am a winner!" I wonder what that makes young Rocco?
Ooops! I got a little carried away. Sorry, I forgot about the "no cursing" clause. Let's just say that THE word is almost the same as "wink" - only one letter different.

[This message has been edited by Devlin (edited 26 May 2000).]
Old 26 May 2000, 12:25 (Ref:1635)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flavio is the biggest w****r in F1.

Did you know he has now stolen the Telefonica sponsorship from Minardi? Is there anything this man will not do to see the little team removed from the grid? JUST WHAT THE HELL IS HIS PROBLEM?

Old 26 May 2000, 13:09 (Ref:1636)   #4
Devlin
Racer

Devlin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

His problem? He's probaby THE biggest control-freak in the world. Poor Naomi! And poor staff at Benetton/Renault! I read it somewhere that one of his first orders when he came back was for all the mechanics to cut their hair. What's next, asking for his permission to go to the loo?
Old 26 May 2000, 19:10 (Ref:1637)   #5
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
She intimated as much a few months ago on Letterman's show. Letterman, owning a part of Rahal's CART operation, is a big fan of F1 and asked her tons of questions abotu Flavio.
Old 27 May 2000, 23:44 (Ref:1638)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, on the day when elderly rich fat men stop needing young models to prop up their sagging machismo, then this will be a subject worthy of discussing. Until then, the words "follow the money" seem to apply to Naomi et al. ad nauseum and what's new about that.

Oh, right, young supermodels are just naturally attracted to elderly fat men, aren't they? Is that why you see them hanging around with elderly fat men on welfare?