Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 7 Feb 2017, 10:53 (Ref:3710684)   #181
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Johnny's claim that , with Gachot and Hulkenberg, he was the only F1 driver to win Le Mans wasn't even nearly wrong.. ever hear of Rindt, G Hill , Gurney, Amon, Pescarolo etc, etc?

Sadly , it is a sloppily written book but still one which, with some rigorous sub editing , might just have been the book its subject deserved .
One thing that did jump out was the "after Senna passed away McLaren needed a replacement...." line - odd that one slipped through the editing process. On the whole though I'm enjoying Johnnys book more than Marks.
Old 7 Feb 2017, 12:48 (Ref:3710703)   #182
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

England
Mallory Park
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Yes, that would make for an interesting read. A fighter and someone who's raced in a diverse number of categories, wasn't he also World Stock Car Champion once too?
1973 World Superstox Champion, which he won at Wimbledon. I know coz I was there.
Old 8 Feb 2017, 15:12 (Ref:3710987)   #183
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
One thing that did jump out was the "after Senna passed away McLaren needed a replacement...." line - odd that one slipped through the editing process. On the whole though I'm enjoying Johnnys book more than Marks.
Marks?

Has Blundell got a book out?!
Old 8 Feb 2017, 19:05 (Ref:3711017)   #184
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Marks?

Has Blundell got a book out?!
No, he's really into the latest M&S food magazine.....
Old 8 Feb 2017, 21:39 (Ref:3711058)   #185
Adam43
Race Official
20KPINAL

European Union
The Road to Rouen
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, I read Johnny's book last week and quite enjoyed it. Possibly because I always felt closer to him than many others, having been a member of Racing for Britain and having taken my wife to our first race meeting together at Brands on that fateful day in 1988 - even more fateful as I shunted my MGB on the way.... I didn't scrutinise the facts closely or check the history books - I just enjoyed what was an amusing if fairly lightweight read.
How was the B? Fixable I hope.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 13:29 (Ref:3711227)   #186
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No, he's really into the latest M&S food magazine.....
And who in their right mind wouldn't be?
Old 9 Feb 2017, 17:30 (Ref:3711263)   #187
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
How was the B? Fixable I hope.
Yeah, I had it repaired, although that turned out to be expensive as when they started removing panels they found a lot of rust! In the end though, it just wasn't the same. I flogged it and bought a Golf GTi.....
Old 16 Aug 2017, 23:09 (Ref:3759848)   #188
Kingair
Racer

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Jack Brabham Story, a good read on the great man, and that era of Formula1 racing and also racing sports car and anything that paid money.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 07:56 (Ref:3764391)   #189
Kingair
Racer

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another one that is interesting and a little bit different-Memories of James Hunt written by Christopher Hilton.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 22:17 (Ref:3764563)   #190
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
I fancy the Alan Mann F3L story but not at 75 quid!