Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Apr 2017, 03:16 (Ref:3729220)   #251
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Come on LD2244, tell us how you really feel!
Ahaha sorry mate just been bottling it up for a while and my emotions got the better of me
Old 26 Apr 2017, 03:22 (Ref:3729223)   #252
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I ran out of breath just reading it!
Old 26 Apr 2017, 04:42 (Ref:3729229)   #253
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
I ran out of breath just reading it!
Ahaha I looked back on it and didn't realise how much I actually wrote when I submitted it I thought I only wrote about a small paragraph
Old 26 Apr 2017, 11:07 (Ref:3729268)   #254
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
In a update for the event it will take place regardless now, a motion put forward to disallow the race was wholeheartedly rejected in council tonight with only 2 voting for the bill to disband the race
Old 26 Apr 2017, 11:11 (Ref:3729269)   #255
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
In a update for the event it will take place regardless now, a motion put forward to disallow the race was wholeheartedly rejected in council tonight with only 2 voting for the bill to disband the race
did Cr Doyle and Osbourne vote against?
Old 26 Apr 2017, 11:13 (Ref:3729271)   #256
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
did Cr Doyle and Osbourne vote against?
Yes only ones in support of it, everyone else rejected it
Old 26 Apr 2017, 11:16 (Ref:3729273)   #257
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Yes only ones in support of it, everyone else rejected it
sorry, had it round the wrong way. Cheers, not suprised
Old 26 Apr 2017, 11:18 (Ref:3729274)   #258
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
sorry, had it round the wrong way. Cheers, not suprised
Lol all good, her speech was abysmal it was littered with misconstrued fact after misconstrued fact
Old 26 Apr 2017, 15:25 (Ref:3729323)   #259
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As a now frequent visitor to Newcastle and the region, I hope the tourism aim of staging the race brings punters in, because they will come back!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 27 Apr 2017, 03:40 (Ref:3729406)   #260
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Firstly Lol a "ghost town" you sure about that mate?
Yes mate. Re read the post - I am pretty sure it referenced the launch of the Homebush event in 2008

Quote:
economy which will have a predicted $59 million injected into it and our tourism industry whichll benefit greatly with the influx of race fans into the Hunter region and exposure globally of our beautiful beachside scenery all of which will come from this great event. Bring on the Newcastle 500
I would suggest reading into the ACT and Homebush V8 Street Race Auditor General Reports before proclaiming the 'predicted economic benefits" of the event. Predicted benefits versus reality are two very different things which are highlighted in the reports.

Quote:
Lol all good, her speech was abysmal it was littered with misconstrued fact after misconstrued fact
And speaking of misconstrued facts

http://www.audit.act.gov.au/auditrep...eport_5_02.pdf

http://www.audit.nsw.gov.au/ArticleD...f.aspx?Embed=Y

Also where is the exposure globally coming from? Malaysia, China, USA or the middle east?
Old 27 Apr 2017, 03:57 (Ref:3729407)   #261
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Yes mate. Re read the post - I am pretty sure it referenced the launch of the Homebush event in 2008

I would suggest reading into the ACT and Homebush V8 Street Race Auditor General Reports before proclaiming the 'predicted economic benefits" of the event. Predicted benefits versus reality are two very different things which are highlighted in the reports.

Also where is the exposure globally coming from? Malaysia, China, USA or the middle east?
Hasn't your wheelbarrow run out of tyre tread yet?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Apr 2017, 03:58 (Ref:3729408)   #262
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:

ha ha, dragging out a 15 year old document, desperate and then using the 2nd document out of context. LOL

if it helps LD 2244 i suggest reading the economic impact statement from adelaide, which shows the numbers mentioned appear conservative, but time will tell

here is the darwin economic impact statement from 2012 which superceedes both of DRT old documents and show information for newcastle is indeed conservative

Economic Impact Report

Benefits Newcastle street race

Clipsal 500 records most successful V8 supercar race ever
Old 27 Apr 2017, 05:44 (Ref:3729423)   #263
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:

International exposure via Supercars' new superview product which launched recently has built up a good base of subscribers. Secondly the act report is too old to add any input and I've read the Homebush report and its completly incomparable to the Newcastle event as Homebush' location meant it would never succeed tremendously. Also if you listen Doyle's speech was littered with misconstrued facts to the extent it's actually hysterical how infactual her evidence is. Also the benefits by all current measures seem to be very conservative and not just "let's put down the biggest sum we can think of" that amount of ticket sales has been very good so far and nearly all accomodation in Newcastle is booked out

Last edited by PS2244; 27 Apr 2017 at 05:53.
Old 27 Apr 2017, 05:54 (Ref:3729425)   #264
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
https://www.newcastle.nsw.gov.au/Supercars/Benefits it's not just the tourism and exposure we'll gain from it but also the amount of infrastructure upgrades we're getting from the event will be hugely beneficial for us locals as well
Old 27 Apr 2017, 09:28 (Ref:3729444)   #265
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is International exposure coming up??

I hardly think Newcastle is in this for the International visitors, the overseas interest just isn't there. They are primarily chasing the domestic visitors (same as Townsville)

Quote:
here is the darwin economic impact statement from 2012
Darwin isn't a street race

But Darwin is exactly the model that Newcastle should be following!

Instead of tipping money down a well into a street race, put the money into a permanent facility in Newcastle so everyone benefits, not just the few

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244
as Homebush' location meant it would never succeed tremendousl
The whole reason Sydney ended up with Homebush was because of it's location and how much better it would (supposedly) be.

Location is not the reason Homebush wasn't a success

Quote:
Also if you listen Doyle's speech was littered with misconstrued facts to the extent it's actually hysterical how infactual her evidence is.
How can anyone condemn someone using misconstrued facts against Supercars when Supercars have been famous for doing that exact thing in the past many times?
Old 27 Apr 2017, 10:00 (Ref:3729450)   #266
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Darwin isn't a street race

But Darwin is exactly the model that Newcastle should be following!

Instead of tipping money down a well into a street race, put the money into a permanent facility in Newcastle so everyone benefits, not just the few
sorry im not sure of the relevance of your commnet, Im guessing you just shot from the hip and didnt bother to read it

The article talks about visitor nights, Tourism, spend lots of things that are relevant to Newcastle because that exactly is why newcastle are having a street race

It doesnt attempt to justify the cost of a building a circuit.

Probably be easier if you read it.

Notice you left out the clipsal info, which is a street race.

Im guessing you were just trolling as opposed to have a genuine discusion
Old 27 Apr 2017, 11:11 (Ref:3729456)   #267
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
sorry im not sure of the relevance of your commnet, Im guessing you just shot from the hip and didnt bother to read it

The article talks about visitor nights, Tourism, spend lots of things that are relevant to Newcastle because that exactly is why newcastle are having a street race

It doesnt attempt to justify the cost of a building a circuit.

Probably be easier if you read it.
An all of the info the article is based on comes from an event happening on a permanent circuit, not a street circuit.

Quote:
Notice you left out the clipsal info, which is a street race.
Because Clipsal, like the Gold Coast, is a seperate set of circumstances.

Those events were built off the back of Interntaional single seater events, and the heritage of these events are still based off the mystique and tradition of the original events.

The Clipsal 500 as it is now would never have happened without the F1 GP starting in 1985, and similiarly the Gold Coast 600 wouldn't be around today without the CART event starting there in 1991.

Those events are a little bit different to the smaller affairs held in Townsville and now Newcastle.

Quote:
Im guessing you were just trolling as opposed to have a genuine discusion
Yep, ok, the irony of you having a go at others for trolling....

Being critical of Supercars doesn't make a member a troll
Old 27 Apr 2017, 12:15 (Ref:3729466)   #268
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
An all of the info the article is based on comes from an event happening on a permanent circuit, not a street circuit.

Because Clipsal, like the Gold Coast, is a seperate set of circumstances.

Those events were built off the back of Interntaional single seater events, and the heritage of these events are still based off the mystique and tradition of the original events.

The Clipsal 500 as it is now would never have happened without the F1 GP starting in 1985, and similiarly the Gold Coast 600 wouldn't be around today without the CART event starting there in 1991.

Those events are a little bit different to the smaller affairs held in Townsville and now Newcastle.

Yep, ok, the irony of you having a go at others for trolling....

Being critical of Supercars doesn't make a member a troll
Still havent read them have you?

Didnt call you a troll. Suggested you were trolling because you havent read the articles and just trying to create trouble
Old 28 Apr 2017, 01:27 (Ref:3729574)   #269
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
International exposure via Supercars' new superview product which launched recently has built up a good base of subscribers. Secondly the act report is too old to add any input and I've read the Homebush report and its completly incomparable to the Newcastle event as Homebush' location meant it would never succeed tremendously.
How many subscribers?

Too old? On what grounds?

I am not sure why the findings of V8SC and factions within the NSW Government embellishing anticipated economic impacts has to do the location of Homebush or Newcastle??

A history of claiming high economic impact and findings of these not being in touch with reality has a lot to do with the Newcastle event - we can bury our heads in the sand or we can discuss why this has occurred?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Hasn't your wheelbarrow run out of tyre tread yet?
Great to see you are still trying to silence people who dont agree with you GTR. A great quality for a forum moderator
Old 28 Apr 2017, 01:30 (Ref:3729575)   #270
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
GTR is a great moderator. They're allowed to have opinions too.
Old 28 Apr 2017, 04:09 (Ref:3729582)   #271
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This "contest of ideas" happens here every time a new street or overseas race is put on the calendar.None of us really know whether Newcastle is going to be successful or not.It will not be possible to judge until after the second year of the race or maybe even the third.The novelty factor will bring a lot of people in the first time.Whether their experience will get them back ,like Adelaide, or make them determined to never return like Canberra and Homebush ,will be the key.
The organisers need to make sure things like access and spectator viewing are A+.They need to price tickets of all categories reasonably-socio economically this is not the Sydney or Melbourne market.They need to concentrate on the local market.There is not enough accommodation for tens of thousands of visitors even if that many wanted to come.
Finally people here need to stop pointing to Townsville as a raging continuing success.Looking at my DVD's of races there the crowds now are only about a third of what they were in 2009 and 2010.This is also confirmed by speaking to people who go to the event.If it was not for the regional pork barrel it might be gone by now.
Old 28 Apr 2017, 04:47 (Ref:3729587)   #272
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Finally people here need to stop pointing to Townsville as a raging continuing success.Looking at my DVD's of races there the crowds now are only about a third of what they were in 2009 and 2010.This is also confirmed by speaking to people who go to the event.If it was not for the regional pork barrel it might be gone by now.
I call BS on you. prove it.
Old 28 Apr 2017, 05:28 (Ref:3729591)   #273
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I call BS on you. prove it.
Went to the first pecky and have been to a couple of others, there is definitely less people there each year.
A significant amount of corporate has disappeared as well.
Old 28 Apr 2017, 05:34 (Ref:3729592)   #274
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Went to the first pecky and have been to a couple of others, there is definitely less people there each year.
A significant amount of corporate has disappeared as well.
so 2 in 3 people are no longer there? Would mean the crowd is about the size of the bathurst 12 hour, I watched townsville last year and that is not the case

The official number is the crowd is now about 10% less than the first year, The first year is always bigger due to, as alan stated, the novelty factor

Anyway this is about newcastle. Report on the 2 of crackpots in newcastle council

Motion to derail ‘dangerous’ Newcastle 500 rejected
Old 28 Apr 2017, 06:34 (Ref:3729595)   #275
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
I watched townsville last year and that is not the case

The official number is the crowd is now about 10% less than the first year
Watching on TV and taking the "official" crowd number is obviously more reliable than the views of a member like sizzle who was actually at the event.....

Smacks of Supercars telling the world that Homebush got great crowds in the latter years, when it was a ghost town to us in attendance during the latter years....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
GTR is a great moderator. They're allowed to have opinions too.
Except in the topics of the Homebush cancellation and any negative Newcastle talk, where one moderator has actively seemed to want to derail and stop any talk about those topics....