Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Jul 2020, 11:47 (Ref:3987188)   #2351
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hooray! Good to have two extra GPs on the calendar

Sochi’s not great, but it’s alright and can think of worse circuits to go to. Mugello though, I’m really looking forward to. Will really be a test for the drivers and also should be capable of close racing too
Old 10 Jul 2020, 16:28 (Ref:3987258)   #2352
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mugello will be fun, the full track was always a favorite in Forza. Might be limited passing with the current cars but what they do with DRS could change the race
Old 10 Jul 2020, 16:54 (Ref:3987265)   #2353
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I am sure the pit straight will see plenty of slipstreaming, that it might not need DRS. Seen plenty of that kind of action in MotoGP, so hopefully that bodes well for F1
Old 25 Jul 2020, 19:01 (Ref:3990763)   #2354
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nürburgring in the middle of October is going to be crazy: foggy, rainy, cold, maybe even a bit of snow. What is the coldest temperature at which F1 tires still work properly?
Old 25 Jul 2020, 20:43 (Ref:3990775)   #2355
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Nürburgring in the middle of October is going to be crazy: foggy, rainy, cold, maybe even a bit of snow. What is the coldest temperature at which F1 tires still work properly?
Or Imola a month later?

Why on earth didn't they schedule the Iberian races as the latest Euro rounds? The climate is far more likely to be decent there in Oct/Nov than in the Eiffel region or San Marino! Those 2 venues need to be much earlier.

If Barca falls through because of an increase in cases maybe Jerez or Valencia can get a round before the circus heads off to the Middle East.
Old 25 Jul 2020, 21:11 (Ref:3990781)   #2356
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They can suck it up. I’m for it. Things outside the norm. Just bring the softs.

Michael drove into Jacques in late October. It’s all cool.
Old 25 Jul 2020, 21:13 (Ref:3990782)   #2357
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Or Imola a month later?

Why on earth didn't they schedule the Iberian races as the latest Euro rounds? The climate is far more likely to be decent there in Oct/Nov than in the Eiffel region or San Marino! Those 2 venues need to be much earlier.

If Barca falls through because of an increase in cases maybe Jerez or Valencia can get a round before the circus heads off to the Middle East.
Is F1 heading to the Middle East? So far F1 has announced 13 races for 2020 and neither Abu Dhabi or Bahrain are on the list.
Old 25 Jul 2020, 21:18 (Ref:3990783)   #2358
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
They can suck it up. I’m for it. Things outside the norm. Just bring the softs.

Michael drove into Jacques in late October. It’s all cool.
It gets very cool in late October.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 08:07 (Ref:3990804)   #2359
S griffin
Veteran

At least we're not likely to get a repeat of that time F3000 had a round at the Nurburgring in April and it ended up getting snowed off
Old 26 Jul 2020, 12:56 (Ref:3990845)   #2360
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
At least we're not likely to get a repeat of that time F3000 had a round at the Nurburgring in April and it ended up getting snowed off
It can snow in October.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 13:10 (Ref:3990847)   #2361
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just dont know how teams are planning for these changes seemingly on the fly. Imo it greats to be able to see their ability to adapt be tested in this fashion.

When it is all done I may struggle to go back to the normality of past seasons.

Anyways, any word of what the rules on engine/pu allotments will be?

With races being added on adhoc, including those that may provide unintentional challanges, where will we be seeing fresh parts and penalties?
Old 26 Jul 2020, 22:28 (Ref:3990933)   #2362
DreamLine
Rookie

DreamLine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Yes, but this is the drive intrigue. Some companies are already starting to sell VIP Experiences tours.
https://www.fastabast.com/formula-1-nurburgring.html

I am sure that the spectators will be, but limited. In good weather - super. And if it really gets cold? What pleasure is it in this weather to walk in the paddock and freeze? We'll see.
Old 6 Aug 2020, 13:26 (Ref:3993339)   #2363
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Or Imola a month later?

Just to add to the challenge, There will only be one FP session at Imola. The event has been reduced to just two days.
Old 6 Aug 2020, 18:17 (Ref:3993390)   #2364
S griffin
Veteran

They’ll cope. They’ll complain about it, but they’ll get on with it
Old 7 Aug 2020, 01:31 (Ref:3993442)   #2365
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Best thing ever, now get rid of the data links to the factory as a minimum and let the race team do the work
Old 19 Aug 2020, 14:07 (Ref:3996453)   #2366
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Turkey looks set for a return to the F1 calendar this year in mid November.
At least it is one of Tilke's better tracks.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...ce-f1-calendar
Old 19 Aug 2020, 15:16 (Ref:3996474)   #2367
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
nice. i like Turkey.

the article also makes it sound like the Middle Easts rounds have been confirmed as well.

not sure how i feel about a double header at Bahrain though.

to be honest, i did not believe they were going to get so many races....impressive really.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 15:37 (Ref:3996483)   #2368
S griffin
Veteran

Turkey was and still is a modern classic, even if the large runoffs reduced the challenge slightly. It’s main problem was a lack of local interest, but that won’t matter so much this season. Just hope we don’t get dogs on the track again.

I’m not keen on two Bahraini GPs either, they least they could do is have a day race and a night race. But I would have preferred a return to Jerez
Old 19 Aug 2020, 16:32 (Ref:3996501)   #2369
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Turkey was and still is a modern classic, even if the large runoffs reduced the challenge slightly. It’s main problem was a lack of local interest, but that won’t matter so much this season. Just hope we don’t get dogs on the track again.

I’m not keen on two Bahraini GPs either, they least they could do is have a day race and a night race. But I would have preferred a return to Jerez
Is there a double header in Bahrain because it's not listed on the F1 schedule?

https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2020.html
Old 19 Aug 2020, 16:55 (Ref:3996506)   #2370
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Is there a double header in Bahrain because it's not listed on the F1 schedule?

It's a rumour at present:
https://www.racefans.net/2020/08/18/final-17-race-2020-f1-calendar-taking-shape-including-istanbul-and-two-bahrain-races/
Old 19 Aug 2020, 17:08 (Ref:3996508)   #2371
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post

from the autosport article wolfhound shared it sounds like it has been set.

As has long been anticipated, the season will finish with a triple header in the Middle East, with two races in Bahrain followed by the season finale in Abu Dhabi...

...The Bahrain events will follow on 29 November and 6 December, with the Abu Dhabi finale on 13 December.

i guess not officially announced yet... f1 site has not been updated.

Old 19 Aug 2020, 17:48 (Ref:3996517)   #2372
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
nice. i like Turkey.

the article also makes it sound like the Middle Easts rounds have been confirmed as well.

not sure how i feel about a double header at Bahrain though.

to be honest, i did not believe they were going to get so many races....impressive really.
Quote:

The second race in Bahrain could be very interesting, F1 is studying to celebrate the race in the exterior design of the circuit, much shorter and with fewer curves. A configuration that F1 has never used in its 15 Grands Prix held in Bahrain.

https://soymotor.com/noticias/la-f1-...bu-dabi-979433
Old 19 Aug 2020, 18:05 (Ref:3996520)   #2373
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
The second race in Bahrain could be very interesting, F1 is studying to celebrate the race in the exterior design of the circuit, much shorter and with fewer curves. A configuration that F1 has never used in its 15 Grands Prix held in Bahrain.

https://soymotor.com/noticias/la-f1-...bu-dabi-979433

That, I would like to see.

This layout 2.277 miles / 3.664 km, as opposed to the GP layout which is 3.352 miles / 5.411 km
Old 20 Aug 2020, 11:55 (Ref:3996636)   #2374
S griffin
Veteran

As long as we don’t see that extended loop we saw in 2010
Old 20 Aug 2020, 22:28 (Ref:3996760)   #2375
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
2.2 miles is too short for a permanent layout imo.