Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 May 2006, 10:05 (Ref:1616965)   #1
Greg2000
Rookie

Greg2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monaco / Indy TV

Guys -

Does anyone know any pubs or bars around London that will be showing the Monaco GP and the INDY 500 on tv this year? It would make a nice afternoon / evening viewing for those of us without Sky!
Old 23 May 2006, 10:37 (Ref:1616980)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't know about bars or anything, but if you're desperate for Indy you can watch it online on indycar.com - it's not free, but cheap
Old 23 May 2006, 10:40 (Ref:1616983)   #3
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It would...last time we tried to watch a GP in London, we struggled (ok, so I think we tried a few pubs in the Leicester Square area then decided to give up and get a beer instead!).
Old 23 May 2006, 12:15 (Ref:1617086)   #4
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg2000
Guys -

Does anyone know any pubs or bars around London that will be showing the Monaco GP and the INDY 500 on tv this year? It would make a nice afternoon / evening viewing for those of us without Sky!

The Monaco Gp is on Terastile Tv
Old 23 May 2006, 12:45 (Ref:1617109)   #5
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
True - however still, last time, didn't find somewhere that had it on! Football was preferred (though that's normal...)
Old 23 May 2006, 13:12 (Ref:1617130)   #6
Racer

Antarctica
FL
2112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It could be worse.
Monaco will be tape delayed in the USA and shown at the same time as Indy.
Good thing Indy is a longer race or I might have missed all of it. :P
Old 23 May 2006, 13:18 (Ref:1617137)   #7
Greg2000
Rookie

Greg2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well if there's any chance someone can send me a tape of Indy this year it would compensate for me being unable to see it live!
Old 23 May 2006, 16:44 (Ref:1617244)   #8
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I could record it to be VHS PAL compatible, or else record it and convert it to DVD...then send it.

HOWEVER, I am a pretty unreliable person for such things (unless reminded near the time, and reasonably regularly).

I would seriously advise trying to find someone else, but, come nearer the time, if you haven't found someone else, give me a shout.

(P.S. - Why not watch Monaco on terrestrial at home?)
Old 23 May 2006, 22:23 (Ref:1617467)   #9
CobraSVT
Rookie

CobraSVT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My.. you guys are unlucky!
Here in Montreal, I have RDS (French sports channel), that follows F1 religiously, they show every F1. Even though the commentary is in french, I find them the best commentators around.
I also have Speed channel.. no need to explain that one.
I also have TSN (The english version of RDS) that will sometimes show the F1 race.
Then there's also SRC (which is the french version of CBC (Canadian Broadcast Channel))

So that's 4 channels, and 2 channels that i know for sure will be showing the race AND qualifications.

All of them are always live.

Some of you need to move to Montreal!!

Last edited by CobraSVT; 23 May 2006 at 22:26.
Old 23 May 2006, 23:03 (Ref:1617491)   #10
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Speed isn't always live, it has the 4 races per year that the other channel does it: CBS?

TSN virtually always show the race (I can think of a couple of occasions when not).

I wish I had RDS actually, but I have checked the French channels we have and I don't believe we do. I cannot understand a word of it, but they do split screen during their adverts (I discovered this in a hotel in Ottawa, and thus utilised once more in a hotel in Whitehorse).

If I had that...that would be sweet. Use TSN for the main, then use Speed to plug ads, and in the event of synchronisation switch to RDS (at worst have split screen).

I might have to investigate getting it actually. If the fee would be something respectable then I would be tempted...would only end up watching for like 5 minutes every two weeks....but it would improve things.
Old 23 May 2006, 23:20 (Ref:1617499)   #11
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
I wish I had RDS actually, but I have checked the French channels we have and I don't believe we do. I cannot understand a word of it, but they do split screen during their adverts (I discovered this in a hotel in Ottawa, and thus utilised once more in a hotel in Whitehorse).
Whitehorse! Brrrr.... I attach below a photograph of Dutton taken there last July 21st. I wonder why he wasn't smiling:

Old 24 May 2006, 02:29 (Ref:1617568)   #12
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
I went to Whitehorse with my folks, this year, over the Mother's Day weekend (got there Friday early evening, left mid-afternoon on the following Monday), which, for the benefit of our non-NAm friends, was May 14th.

It snowed a bit on the Saturday morning, but not much, and apart from that it was rainy on and off. The lakes were still broadly frozen, but it wasn't that cold.

Incidentally, Louis, the kind of weather that emoticon depicts makes me , and any other happy things!
Old 24 May 2006, 14:30 (Ref:1617931)   #13
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
True - however still, last time, didn't find somewhere that had it on! Football was preferred (though that's normal...)

That is true maybe we should all get together here at ten -tenths and buy our own pub were we can watch it
Old 24 May 2006, 16:46 (Ref:1618032)   #14
Rex Judicata
Veteran

United States
Melbourne and Fort Lauderdale
Rex Judicata User is flirting with disqualificationRex Judicata User is flirting with disqualificationRex Judicata User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2112
It could be worse.
Monaco will be tape delayed in the USA and shown at the same time as Indy.
Good thing Indy is a longer race or I might have missed all of it. :P
SpeedTV lost a few Grands Prix this year. However -- other than terrible, strident announcers -- the images are spectacular since they are in HDTV. With the broadcast at 1080p and multichannel sound, one can almost forgive the announcers. Oh yes, the commercials seem endless, and at times longer than the short breaks for coverage of the race.
Old 24 May 2006, 20:50 (Ref:1618208)   #15
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Those interested in watching live Monaco practice tomorrow (Thursday) might be interested to know you can see it live online at http://n-tv.de/1179.html which is the German TV news channel, bless 'em!
Old 24 May 2006, 21:47 (Ref:1618252)   #16
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
New livery for Honda's 3rd car in Thursday practice?
Old 25 May 2006, 09:13 (Ref:1618472)   #17
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen
Those interested in watching live Monaco practice tomorrow (Thursday) might be interested to know you can see it live online at http://n-tv.de/1179.html which is the German TV news channel, bless 'em!

is the stream working for anybody ??
i got the news at 11:00 .. they said F1 to follow .. but .... nothing happened

Ciao Marco
Old 25 May 2006, 13:58 (Ref:1618675)   #18
Suze
Veteran

England
I've only just switched it on, should be a kids cartoon but that isn't working.