Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 20 Oct 2017, 06:57 (Ref:3775149)   #166
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where's everyone getting 170 from for camping? It's 50 on the speedmachine website. Still a rip off!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 20 Oct 2017, 13:19 (Ref:3775221)   #167
Pozi
Rookie

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby View Post
Where's everyone getting 170 from for camping? It's 50 on the speedmachine website. Still a rip off!

It was 50 for an adult one ticket day. Child U16 35

Weekend adult ticket was 95 or 140 including camping

And that was the advance tickets although the link below still seems to work
Over Priced Speedmachine Ticket Link
Old 21 Oct 2017, 01:48 (Ref:3775346)   #168
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozi View Post
It was 50 for an adult one ticket day. Child U16 35

Weekend adult ticket was 95 or 140 including camping

And that was the advance tickets although the link below still seems to work
Over Priced Speedmachine Ticket Link
I am was going off the Silverstone site where they indicated advance sales were finished hence price now 170. If advance are still available they are misleading people too...
Old 25 Oct 2017, 06:46 (Ref:3776309)   #169
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
So no Euro supercars or S1600 or touring cars at WorldRX Silverstone. Complete rip off. #longliveLydden

Old 25 Oct 2017, 08:18 (Ref:3776320)   #170
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I very much doubt anyone from on here will be going there, it is a con of epic proportions. And deserves to be shunned by any real rallycross fan. Hopefully it fails utterly.

However, I would like to see it make some money, so that the track stays, as I think that if the event fails completely, Silverstone will see out there IMG contract and dig it up. Would be great to have another British rallycross venue.

It has been built very cleverly, not using ANY part really of any existing tarmac other than a few small areas of the Stowe circuit, this does not impact the full track in any way, merely the Stowe area that is used for "experience" days and learner testing and driving. (easy money in other words, in cars they do not own)

So, they are not stupid, but I would like to see the track used by British, BTRDA and maybe even the highly likely ERC when it returns, as the current era of WRX cannot last long now, it is already dragging its knees.

Would also be of the mind to protest! But that would be taking things too far.
Old 25 Oct 2017, 11:51 (Ref:3776342)   #171
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't mind if some of the Silverstone profits ended up back in grassroots motorsports but there is about as much chance of that as me winning the WRC.

If they let the BTRDA use the circuit for an affordable price then I'll swallow my words but...
Old 25 Oct 2017, 20:17 (Ref:3776443)   #172
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby View Post
So no Euro supercars or S1600 or touring cars at WorldRX Silverstone. Complete rip off. #longliveLydden

RX2?
Old 25 Oct 2017, 21:43 (Ref:3776475)   #173
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am tempted to give the first British Championship round a look next year, to give the track a fair chance (and the flyer that has been posted on Facebook indicates a similar ticket price to other British rounds), but I am yet to speak to anyone who has been to the previous British World rounds, who is willing to pay the ticket price (advance or otherwise) for the Speed Machine event.
Old 25 Oct 2017, 22:25 (Ref:3776485)   #174
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
If the price is sensible I'll go the British Championship round. I haven't got anything against Silverstone itself as an additional rallycross circuit in the UK.

What I do resent is IMG leaving Lydden the birthplace of the sport, the whole speedmachine concept as it's just not required and the price being charged for it. Potential RX2 is not enough of a draw to demand that price.

Old 25 Oct 2017, 22:52 (Ref:3776487)   #175
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be going to the first round of the British series as its only half hour down the road plus its on at Saturday so that makes it a no brainer. One thing that has may attention is the mention of two different layouts

"The first round on March 17 will use Silverstone in full World Championship configuration including the Wing paddock and World RX start line. Round nine will switch to the ‘national’ layout with the paddock and start line based in the Stowe complex."

From last time i walked down that part of the circuit, i could only see one layout so not too sure what the differences will be.

As far as the World RX goes, i was really looking forward to going but the sheer cost and the feeling that being forced to pay for things that I really no interest in means i'll be giving it a miss.
Old 26 Oct 2017, 08:33 (Ref:3776537)   #176
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I did not realise there were two layouts, maybe going t'other way? Not sure theyc an as the jump is profiled one way only?

I would think it is juts as start line thing, the track and gravel only has one layout.

Perhaps not using joker runde!!
Old 26 Oct 2017, 21:14 (Ref:3776674)   #177
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!
I'm not sure there's much difference in actual circuit layout - it's just the world championship (and round 1 of the British) use the shiny facilities of 'The Wing' (presumably the British gets to use them as a test run for the World event). The second British event (after the World event) isn't allowed to use the F1 facilities and will have to make do with the Stowe facilities (none ). So paddock location will be different but I'm not sure how much else will be.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 17:16 (Ref:3780214)   #178
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another track update from the Silverstone Facebook page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstone Official Facebook Page
The Silverstone team are busy installing new tyre walls and resurfacing the rallycross track ahead of SpeedMachine FIA World Rallycross Championship & British Rallycross Championship next year - exciting times!

Looks like there will be some tarmac sections on the layout!

(Looking at the earlier image, I think the above photo might be the joker lap?)
Old 14 Nov 2017, 08:20 (Ref:3780350)   #179
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Bit of an odd thing to do, but quite common in a transition to make the surface different!

No idea yet where people are going to watch and tyre walls are going to restrict viewing a little, but obviously necessary
Old 16 Nov 2017, 11:29 (Ref:3780715)   #180
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
RX2 confirmed at seven rounds in 2018, one of which will be Silverstone.