Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 25 Oct 2017, 15:57 (Ref:3776396)   #46
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Not really surprised COTA has been given a place, it’s a good location and I’m sure they’ll come up with a good rallyx circuit
I guess that depends on what is thought to be a good circuit. For me viewing the whole circuit is important, a circuit where cars can actually overtake on track, a good proper rough section ( not dusty tarmac)and a free paddock. Sadly this hadn't been the case recently with many new and old tracks

Does seem daft not to put it back to back with Canada, 3 separate fly away races may just be the straw that breaks the camels back for some teams, and may force them to compete in the European championship instead leaving the world short on numbers.

Also wonder how the US will promote it, no doubt when the deal was done Block was one of the things that sold it to COTA, wonder if he will be tempted back for that round to help promote it.
Old 25 Oct 2017, 16:02 (Ref:3776398)   #47
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GRC does not get a crowd and neither will WRX unless it has thousands spent on marketing, they don't care.

They ever have really for GRC. Even when it was held on NASCAR weekends on the same tracks.
Old 25 Oct 2017, 21:32 (Ref:3776473)   #48
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been away for a few days*, so just catching up on the latest news now. I'm not surprised to see the World Championship appear in the US, but I didn't think it would happen while the GRC was still in existence.

As others have said it seems silly not to have had the US and Canadian rounds back-to-back but, accordingly to what I have seen on Facebook (specifically comments from Andrew Coley), it seems it wasn't possible to align the schedules.

Confirmation that Silverstone is to be a World round only is yet another snippet of news that is making it increasingly difficult to find any positives with the move of the British round.

*OFF TOPIC: I was away at Rally Legend: it was an expensive weekend when compared to the average rallycross weekend, but one of the best events I have ever been to. Cannot recommend it enough!
Old 26 Oct 2017, 08:30 (Ref:3776536)   #49
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would love to go to Rally Legend actually, looks a truly epic event.

And the Italians do it so right, a show, a real show.

Outr version, Roger Albert Clark rally, basically a histrionic event with no show, no daftness, no pazazz!

Coach trip mate nest year, sort it!!
Old 26 Oct 2017, 11:23 (Ref:3776557)   #50
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did it with a company called Rally Tours. You could probably do it cheaper yourself, but they have done it on a number of occasions and know the whole event inside and out. We were taken to the best spots on the stages and pointed in the right direction depending on what we wanted to see. Plus they incorporated stops at Pagani, Ducati, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Imola and K-Sport into the travel days either side of the rally weekend, so we got to see a hell of a lot. If I go again, I'll do it with them.

As for Rally Legend I can't recommend it enough, they basically turn the whole town over to the rally teams. The industrial estate in one corner of the town becomes a massive Super Special Stage, there are full length tarmac Stages in and around the area and they run night stages through San Marino old town (which was one of the best environments I have ever seen rally cars in) and out into the countryside.

(Sorry for the off topic, back to the rallycross now!)
Old 26 Oct 2017, 12:14 (Ref:3776577)   #51
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Looks good though they had not confirmed details on the site, am presuming you contacted them directly?

And let's be honest, money is less of an object to tick off a bucket list thing like that.

Back to WRX, I would guess DTM didn't want to budge timetables etc for WRX, and why should they, we were backdooring their event. Plus DTM is going to be struggling next year after losing a manufacturer. SO they are unlikely to feel like helping out much especially if IMG are asking for a few grand.
Old 26 Oct 2017, 13:08 (Ref:3776588)   #52
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Looks good though they had not confirmed details on the site, am presuming you contacted them directly?
I first made contact with them via their Facebook page, then had a few phone conversations with the main man to confirm details/answer questions.

Some of the excursions were set in stone before we left, others were slotted in based on timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
And let's be honest, money is less of an object to tick off a bucket list thing like that.
Yeah, I wouldn't bother with some of the manufacturer museums again, but while we were there it was worth giving them a look.

The Pagani factory tour was well worth it though, the workshop is unreal!
Old 3 Nov 2017, 22:36 (Ref:3778429)   #53
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#WorldRX BarcelonaRX 2018 tickets available here: https://proticketing.com/barcelonarx...as/evento/9714 €25 for the weekend - fantastic event last year and in 2018 includes EuroRX Supercars & S1600. #silverstonewhatajoke
Old 8 Nov 2017, 16:14 (Ref:3779489)   #54
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Timo Scheider and BMW is up to something.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...29286497083715
Old 14 Nov 2017, 08:52 (Ref:3780354)   #55
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Another little snippet of 2018 news on the World Rallycross website:

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...ch-junior-team

Guerlain Chicherit is backing a junior team which will run Clios in the European Rallycross Championship and select World rounds.

I saw one of the announcements from Kristoffersson made mention of 2018 (I can't find the post now, sure it was on Facebook), so it looks like he'll be back with VW next year (no real surprise there!).
Old 14 Nov 2017, 22:05 (Ref:3780473)   #56
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Developing Megane and Clio supercar...makes sense?
Old 15 Nov 2017, 14:48 (Ref:3780568)   #57
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Developing Megane and Clio supercar...makes sense?
I assume the Clios will just be the current cars whilst the Meganes are the new builds. I'd expect the Clios to be replaced with the first Meganes when an updated Megane is produced (assuming the program lasts long enough for another step of Megane to be needed).
Old 15 Nov 2017, 19:58 (Ref:3780621)   #58
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Guerlain Chicherit's Facebook

"G-FORS, a collaboration between myself &*FORS Performance, will debut brand-new Renault Clio R.S. RX in the*FIA World Rallycross Championship*next season.
This is in addition to my*GCK*Renault*Megane R.S. RX*#WorldRXproject.”

FORS Preformance will build the new Clio 4 and Prodrive the Megane.
Old 16 Nov 2017, 11:29 (Ref:3780714)   #59
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Seven round RX2 Championship confirmed for 2018:

RX2 R1 - Mettet, Belgium (World RX R3)
RX2 R2 - Silverstone, UK (World RX R4)
RX2 R3 - Hell, Norway (World RX R5)
RX2 R4 - Holjes, Sweden (World RX R6)
RX2 R5 - Trois-Rivières, Canada (World RX R7)
RX2 R6 - Lohéac, France (World RX R8)
RX2 R7 - Cape Town, South Africa (World RX R12)
Old 16 Nov 2017, 14:36 (Ref:3780755)   #60
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
From Guerlain Chicherit's Facebook

"G-FORS, a collaboration between myself &*FORS Performance, will debut brand-new Renault Clio R.S. RX in the*FIA World Rallycross Championship*next season.
This is in addition to my*GCK*Renault*Megane R.S. RX*#WorldRXproject.”

FORS Preformance will build the new Clio 4 and Prodrive the Megane.
Looks like I was wrong then - I gave them far too much credit and assumed some common sense. Why on earth use 2 different new build models? That makes zero sense.