Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 20 Nov 2009, 12:57 (Ref:2585768)   #26
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So - how many ten-tenthers are there? From the numerous expert comments about the feasibility of the engineering works needed in the various Donington threads we obviously have all the technical knowledge and skills to rebuild the place. If we all chipped in a "tenner" I'm sure we could make an offer

Who better to get it into shape as a great club circuit than us lot!!!!! Well, I can dream can't I (cue the everlasting song title thread!)
Old 20 Nov 2009, 20:06 (Ref:2586022)   #27
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryc View Post
So - how many ten-tenthers are there? From the numerous expert comments about the feasibility of the engineering works needed in the various Donington threads we obviously have all the technical knowledge and skills to rebuild the place. If we all chipped in a "tenner" I'm sure we could make an offer

Who better to get it into shape as a great club circuit than us lot!!!!! Well, I can dream can't I (cue the everlasting song title thread!)
According to the forum home page there are currently 30,229 members, so at £10 each that would only be £302,290.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 22:43 (Ref:2586093)   #28
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
so we'll have 302K and change left over?
Old 21 Nov 2009, 05:25 (Ref:2586204)   #29
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you'll find that figure a little on the low side.
Old 21 Nov 2009, 21:12 (Ref:2586640)   #30
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to East Midlands today news programme (via my parents) the people who ran Donington Park ran up ~£69million of debt...

Also work on the track and pit buiildings means that alot of the track is now ripped up, so alot of work to get it ready for business again.

I can't see many cars going around the track in 2010 i'm afraid, if not longer!!

damn shame, as its a great track!
Old 22 Nov 2009, 12:25 (Ref:2587119)   #31
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Simpson View Post
According to East Midlands today news programme (via my parents) the people who ran Donington Park ran up ~£69million of debt...
I wonder how much of that debt now becomes unclaimable because of the company going into administration? Anyone who takes over now would surely not be responsible for a vast amount of it?
Old 22 Nov 2009, 12:56 (Ref:2587137)   #32
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Elsewhere it is suggested that an aged randy dwarf is interested!
Old 22 Nov 2009, 14:22 (Ref:2587192)   #33
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
Elsewhere it is suggested that an aged randy dwarf is interested!
I've been called worse!
Oh, hold on a minute...
Old 25 Nov 2009, 18:22 (Ref:2589130)   #34
Dave 455
Racer

Dave 455 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In an interview with M.N, Jonathan Palmer has said he is interested in running Donington Park, but they won't speak to him, he also says that the vandalism done to the circuit by DVLL is so bad, they is very little chance of any racing at all in 2010 taking place at Donington. There is so much rectification work to be done just to get the track back to like it was, he would be very suprised of it holds a meeting before 2011.
Old 25 Nov 2009, 18:39 (Ref:2589137)   #35
RCMADD
Racer

England
derby
RCMADD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
according to local paper, simon gillet reccons it is still possable to stage the f1 next year
Old 25 Nov 2009, 18:48 (Ref:2589148)   #36
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMADD View Post
according to local paper, simon gillet reccons it is still possable to stage the f1 next year
''Cloud-Cuckoo-Land'' comes to mind!!!!
Old 25 Nov 2009, 20:05 (Ref:2589193)   #37
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Is lynching still frowned on?
Old 25 Nov 2009, 20:44 (Ref:2589210)   #38
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What,for Bernie? Can't understand how he could not have checked up on Gilletts past in the first place.Pidgeon and Stall,please rearrange to suit. Good that the GP IS going to be held at Silverstone though.
Old 25 Nov 2009, 23:42 (Ref:2589300)   #39
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Is it? I have been out in the garage building an engine, have I missed an annoucement?
Old 26 Nov 2009, 00:47 (Ref:2589334)   #40
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Good that the GP IS going to be held at Silverstone though.
It is?
Old 26 Nov 2009, 08:22 (Ref:2589452)   #41
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Personally,I would put money on it.Its all part of the Bernie Show and the Silverstone meeting on the 9th is just a formality,sort of a 'Bernie Face Saver'.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 08:36 (Ref:2589460)   #42
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Oh if only the "lower" public knew what I knew a fair while back Terry they would have been in the local betting shop sticking a few quid on this !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Nov 2009, 08:40 (Ref:2589465)   #43
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Spill then Gordon.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 08:46 (Ref:2589471)   #44
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Al, I explained on the F1 thread that I can't divulge it. Otherwise it would cause lots of problems with confidentiality with one of my oldest mates, sorry !.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Nov 2009, 09:06 (Ref:2589496)   #45
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Although not unexpected, it is still depressing that someone who knows (JP) confirms what a lot of us thought, i.e. Donington is not going to be fit for racing in 2010, even if someone comes up with the money!
Old 26 Nov 2009, 09:19 (Ref:2589507)   #46
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In truth I'd be surprised if it ever comes back, simply because someone has to buy the debt before they can buy the circuit.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 09:27 (Ref:2589512)   #47
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
In truth I'd be surprised if it ever comes back, simply because someone has to buy the debt before they can buy the circuit.
Do they? I'm no lawyer but I don't think that's right. Surely if DVLL goes bust, the lease returns to the Wheatcroft family and either they run it, lease it to someone else or sell the whole package for someone else to run. In the mean time, the creditors of DVLL have to chase Gillet & Co for their dosh & will finally be forced to right off ther own debt or come to some sort of arrangement, say 10p i n the pound, if he has any assets to claim against.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2589556)   #48
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Didn't think he had any to start with especialy after his departure from Rockingham?
Old 26 Nov 2009, 13:35 (Ref:2589673)   #49
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Al, I explained on the F1 thread that I can't divulge it. Otherwise it would cause lots of problems with confidentiality with one of my oldest mates, sorry !.
Stop teasing us then you naughty man!
Old 26 Nov 2009, 13:39 (Ref:2589674)   #50
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryc View Post
Although not unexpected, it is still depressing that someone who knows (JP) confirms what a lot of us thought, i.e. Donington is not going to be fit for racing in 2010, even if someone comes up with the money!
Then again, you'd hardly expect JP to be waxing lyical about how cheap and easy it will be to start making money from the venue, in advance of any negotiations, would you......?

Cynical, moi?