Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2023, 17:21 (Ref:4160089)   #3176
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm sure he's a great athlete but who is he and what car did he race?
Old 5 Jun 2023, 17:37 (Ref:4160090)   #3177
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it’s a great idea to enlarge the public and viewers with others athletes from others sports

Motorsport can’t survive as a microcosm

LeBron is probably not very famous in France or Europe, but he is a superstar in America, particularly for young peoples, that’s why his venue is a good point for ratings and popularity of motor sports
Old 5 Jun 2023, 18:19 (Ref:4160107)   #3178
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We have had an additional technical issue and apologise for that.

However, we do not understand if you were on circuit why you just did not come to our ticketing desks (North and East entrances, Accreditation Center) to get new and hard copies of your tickets.

You have received an new email today because all QR codes were generated once again today. If you do not have access to a printer, just come and meet us at our desks.

Here is the reply from ACO regarding my complaints about the tickets not working.......

BLAME THE CUSTOMER....... I'm not happy.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 20:01 (Ref:4160591)   #3179
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Getting to Arnage tonight from BSJ, they closed the road, we had to take the long way....... Not happy, I pointed the police to my parking sticker but no entry. When finally arrived I spoke to a Frenchman who was let through because of his sticker... I'm confused............
Update, just heard from Andrew to follow VIOLETsigns.....

Last edited by whitemr2; 7 Jun 2023 at 20:28.
Old 9 Jun 2023, 12:35 (Ref:4161016)   #3180
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As I've said elsewhere - just do as you're told and it will be fine. In fact, I'd say my journey to Arnage and last night to Mulsanne was easier than usual, once past the Arnage village logjam. Getting back wasn't so easy though....
Old 17 Jun 2023, 14:19 (Ref:4164130)   #3181
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Still hasn't sunk in what an incredible event 2023 was.

It would have been unforgettable anyway, but having my best mates beside me as my stag do was absolutely out of this world. 7 of them had never been a race track before - almost all of them are booking time off work to come back next year.

The weekend was topped off when Fabio Scherer decided to hobble our party in the middle of the massive roundabout by Beausejour. Drank champagne from the podium and lifted the LMP2 trophy! Such a great guy.

Old 17 Jun 2023, 14:24 (Ref:4164133)   #3182
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent story.
Old 17 Jun 2023, 14:53 (Ref:4164141)   #3183
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Brilliant
Old 17 Jun 2023, 15:04 (Ref:4164144)   #3184
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

It would have been unforgettable anyway, but having my best mates beside me as my stag do was absolutely out of this world. 7 of them had never been a race track before - almost all of them are booking time off work to come back next year.

The weekend was topped off when Fabio Scherer decided to hobble our party in the middle of the massive roundabout by Beausejour. Drank champagne from the podium and lifted the LMP2 trophy! Such a great guy.

This is absolutely epic!!
Old 17 Jun 2023, 16:27 (Ref:4164157)   #3185
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Then again we could talk about who they'll have waving the starting flag next year. ?
Old 17 Jun 2023, 16:29 (Ref:4164159)   #3186
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just watched a film about the 1968 Le Mans. It was mentioned it was the president of FIAT that year.

Personally I’m hoping for Kylie Minogue next year.
Old 17 Jun 2023, 16:35 (Ref:4164162)   #3187
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
We all hope for Kylie Minogue.........
Old 17 Jun 2023, 17:22 (Ref:4164173)   #3188
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Charlize Theron or Mireille Mathieu? Hard choice…
Old 17 Jun 2023, 18:05 (Ref:4164187)   #3189
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Indeed, I saw what you did there.
Old 17 Jun 2023, 21:25 (Ref:4164278)   #3190
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

Awesome. What a memory.
Old 18 Jun 2023, 09:15 (Ref:4164323)   #3191
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
We all hope for Kylie Minogue.........
Can't get her out of our head. Will we be so lucky?
Old 19 Jun 2023, 08:44 (Ref:4164577)   #3192
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Then again we could talk about who they'll have waving the starting flag next year. ?
Uusally, it's an alternation : one year a celebrity, and next year a personality of automotive
So next year, it will probably be a chairman of motor company
Old 19 Jun 2023, 11:35 (Ref:4164612)   #3193
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Glenn Close would be fitting for next year
Old 21 Jun 2023, 11:12 (Ref:4164859)   #3194
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
someone on another forum said Tesco was selling official le mans t shirts, tried local one nothing but had to do a pick up at gatwick so visited the tesco extra there and they had plenty, so bought one that has the le mans 66 picture on it, will look good at the classic next week
Old 21 Jun 2023, 14:03 (Ref:4164887)   #3195
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
someone on another forum said Tesco was selling official le mans t shirts, tried local one nothing but had to do a pick up at gatwick so visited the tesco extra there and they had plenty, so bought one that has the le mans 66 picture on it, will look good at the classic next week
Seems plenty are getting on the bandwagon and why not? Le Mans is a recognisable enough event, even if it isn't quite a mainstream sport. And the event is very big on it's history, so there is so much merchandise to sell
Old 29 Jun 2023, 09:40 (Ref:4165823)   #3196
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
BMW have already confirmed that there's going to be an art car at next year's race!

https://twitter.com/BMWMotorsport/st...47693559230466

If I had to guess I'd imagine they'd take a leaf out of Porsche's book and bring the two WRT WEC cars and then maybe at least one IMSA car. Hopefully two given it's different teams.
Old 27 Jul 2023, 07:53 (Ref:4170099)   #3197
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Roger Dorchy, Mister 405kph, has left us on the 26th July, aged 78.

Last edited by PascaLM; 27 Jul 2023 at 08:00.
Old 27 Jul 2023, 08:41 (Ref:4170109)   #3198
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sad news.....
Old 27 Jul 2023, 09:16 (Ref:4170116)   #3199
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
After my trip to the museum this year where i read the info on the pug wrm car i thought it actually achieved 408kpm but pugeuot announced it as 407 to cellebrate the launch of the new 407 car. But yes another loss of a historic le mans veteran
Old 27 Jul 2023, 17:12 (Ref:4170164)   #3200
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
After my trip to the museum this year where i read the info on the pug wrm car i thought it actually achieved 408kpm but pugeuot announced it as 407 to cellebrate the launch of the new 407 car. But yes another loss of a historic le mans veteran
Almost, but it achieved 407kph but it was announced as 405kph as that was the new model, the 407 didn't arrive till 2004.

Either way the man and car will always be a Le Mans legend!