Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 21 Aug 2012, 13:27 (Ref:3122531)   #1
Benny1664
Racer

Benny1664 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Ford Festival 2012

I have been watching the UK Formula Ford series as ever in 2012 and the number of cars in the top class just seems to drop and drop with only 6 or 7 Eco Boost cars in the last few meetings. Where does this leave the Festival, how can it continue with so few top flight cars? Am I right in thinking no other country runs Eco Boosts yet so there are not even going to be any cars coming over from Europe for it? Last year the heats were silly enough with so few cars but how can you have a series of heats with grids of single figures?
Old 21 Aug 2012, 21:39 (Ref:3122727)   #2
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last I heard was that They haven't 100% decided on the format yet (was talk of festival being awarded to duratecs this year, although I doubt this will be the case), expecting an announcement very soon though.

Last edited by brands hatch; 21 Aug 2012 at 21:45.
Old 21 Aug 2012, 22:14 (Ref:3122738)   #3
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny1664 View Post
Am I right in thinking no other country runs Eco Boosts yet so there are not even going to be any cars coming over from Europe for it? Last year the heats were silly enough with so few cars but how can you have a series of heats with grids of single figures?
In some respects, there will be no change from last year, when all entrants were guarranteed a start in the final, provided that their car was still in one piece. One option would be to pad the grid out with Duratech cars (along the lines of the combined Zetec/Duratech races of a couple of years back), which would allow European cars to compete.

Personally, I'd prefer if the main Festival title were to be awarded to the Kent races.
Old 23 Aug 2012, 20:18 (Ref:3123729)   #4
FFmygale
Racer

England
UK
FFmygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
In some respects, there will be no change from last year, when all entrants were guarranteed a start in the final, provided that their car was still in one piece. One option would be to pad the grid out with Duratech cars (along the lines of the combined Zetec/Duratech races of a couple of years back), which would allow European cars to compete.

Personally, I'd prefer if the main Festival title were to be awarded to the Kent races.
Interesting one this...... And as a zetec driver I guess I would naturally be biased! But, in all honesty, if there are fewer duratecs / ecoboosts or zetecs than there are kents then yes, in my mind , Kent should be the headline class. However I can't see Ford allowing this to happen personally, having 'invested' in ecoboost they need to continue pushing them forward.

One thing that is worth saying though is that combining zetecs with duratecs or ecoboost to make the grids look better would be a big mistake in my mind. Zetecs as a separate grid have been growing in recent years - don't ruin this progress please!

As a separate question..... To james Beckett..... Would it be possible to configure the timetable so that a zetec driver could also compete in the Kent races at the festival????? .......or am I in cloud cuckoo land?

Neil
Old 23 Aug 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3123773)   #5
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFmygale View Post
Interesting one this...... And as a zetec driver I guess I would naturally be biased! But, in all honesty, if there are fewer duratecs / ecoboosts or zetecs than there are kents then yes, in my mind , Kent should be the headline class. However I can't see Ford allowing this to happen personally, having 'invested' in ecoboost they need to continue pushing them forward.

One thing that is worth saying though is that combining zetecs with duratecs or ecoboost to make the grids look better would be a big mistake in my mind. Zetecs as a separate grid have been growing in recent years - don't ruin this progress please!

As a separate question..... To james Beckett..... Would it be possible to configure the timetable so that a zetec driver could also compete in the Kent races at the festival????? .......or am I in cloud cuckoo land?

Neil
Not sure that it is actually within Ford's gift to dictate the terms. The BRSCC hold the permit for this event. I don't think Ford put much into it in terms of backing.
Old 23 Aug 2012, 21:50 (Ref:3123786)   #6
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFmygale View Post
One thing that is worth saying though is that combining zetecs with duratecs or ecoboost to make the grids look better would be a big mistake in my mind. Zetecs as a separate grid have been growing in recent years
Apologies if my post was ambiguous; however, I wasn't advocating the merger of Zetecs with any other category (I'd agree that the the growth in the Zetec races over the last couple of years is encouraging). Instead, I would suggest a merger of Duratech and EcoBoost cars. Such a merger has a precedent given the previous running of concurrent competitions for Duratechs and Zetecs (before the current resurgence of the latter).
Old 8 Sep 2012, 22:34 (Ref:3132998)   #7
brakedisc
Racer

brakedisc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plenty of "bluster" in the comics about the Festival this week. I was very disappointed that not one of those interviewed stood up and told the truth. THE NEW FORMULA IS A DISASTER. Time for Ford to cut its losses and fire those that came up with the idea. Prolonging things is tarnishing the Formula Ford name.
Old 2 Oct 2012, 07:18 (Ref:3145040)   #8
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Word in the paddock at Donington last weekend and also being chatted about on a well known social networking website is that there is unlikely to be any ECOboost cars entered at the Festival this year.

If this is the case then it is likely to increase the Duratec entry as some drivers were being put off by being made to compete in a 2nd class with EB's & Duratec grid combined.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 11:50 (Ref:3148779)   #9
JEB
Veteran

JEB has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
FORMULA FORD FESTIVAL

The Formula Ford Festival is fast approaching.....
With EcoBoosts not present at the event who will be racing a Duratec to victory?
Who is going....who is not..... Let's talk about it!!
Entries are open and now is the time to fill those forms out and get ready to set sail for Brands.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 18:49 (Ref:3148983)   #10
Benny1664
Racer

Benny1664 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are Ecoboosts not allowed then? Are there enough Duractecs left to even fill a grid? The British Championship only had 5 or 6 Duractec cars at the last round at Donny.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 12:08 (Ref:3149920)   #11
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Confirmation in this week's Autosport that there will be no EcoBoost-powered cars at the Festival this year.

Jamun Racing are considering running Eric Lichtenstein at the event, though.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 12:26 (Ref:3149932)   #12
JEB
Veteran

dank - I did say here on this Forum on October 9th that EcoBoosts would not be present.....
Old 11 Oct 2012, 12:35 (Ref:3149942)   #13
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, you did. But no offence, talk on forums is often hearsay.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 12:45 (Ref:3149947)   #14
JEB
Veteran

I agree
As the person responsible for the delivery of the FFF and the WHT I can only play a straight bat for the sake of all associated and involved with each event.
Let's hope the Duratec cars start to enter now....This is a great opportunity for racers to win 'THE' Festival title.
Old 13 Oct 2012, 18:52 (Ref:3151052)   #15
brakedisc
Racer

brakedisc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB View Post
I agree
As the person responsible for the delivery of the FFF and the WHT I can only play a straight bat for the sake of all associated and involved with each event.
Let's hope the Duratec cars start to enter now....This is a great opportunity for racers to win 'THE' Festival title.

James, as one of the leading players and a long term supporter of the series, why has Formula Ford got into this mess?
Old 18 Oct 2012, 17:26 (Ref:3153946)   #16
roscoracer
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
roscoracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopeful!

Hi all,

this is my first post here and as the Festival is going to be my first race on 4 wheels im very sad to see whats happened and at the minute very concerned about the lack of entries for Duratec.....i had hope ecoboost's removal may add interest but not so far.....i hope next week im proved wrong as have wanted to race the Festival since i was 16 (17 years ago!) and i really hope that now im here its not a year too late......

If your there i will be running 77 so feel free to say hi....hopefully on a car filled grid sat!
Old 18 Oct 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3153992)   #17
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoracer View Post
Hi all,

this is my first post here and as the Festival is going to be my first race on 4 wheels im very sad to see whats happened and at the minute very concerned about the lack of entries for Duratec.....i had hope ecoboost's removal may add interest but not so far.....i hope next week im proved wrong as have wanted to race the Festival since i was 16 (17 years ago!) and i really hope that now im here its not a year too late......

If your there i will be running 77 so feel free to say hi....hopefully on a car filled grid sat!
Last year's Duratec Festival winner will gladly return to defend his title if someome were to offer him a sponsored drive (unlikeley I know)
Old 23 Oct 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3156645)   #18
roscoracer
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
Any more news on other Duratec entrants or eco teams running one? i really hope this years festival is not let down by whats gone on with the championship and as my first one i am hopeful of a decent grid and weekend.....fingers crossed!
Old 23 Oct 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3156650)   #19
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No entry list yet on the BRSCC site but has anybody downloaded the timetable and noticed the car being used in the logo - that is an EcoBoost isn't it?
Old 23 Oct 2012, 23:48 (Ref:3156771)   #20
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have attended nearly every Festival since the mid 80s it is a very sorry state of affairs.

Changing the subject a little in my ideal world the "eco-boost" things rather than grow wings should have been tweeked for another 50bhp and hey presto we have slidey exciting FFord racing again!
Old 24 Oct 2012, 14:28 (Ref:3157033)   #21
Frosty11
Rookie

Frosty11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry list here:
http://www.brscc.co.uk/assets/fff---entry-list.pdf

very dissapointing grid

Whoever made this years ecoboost idea needs to be hit?

And whoever made the new ecoboost and put wings on it needs more of a hit because they have destroyed what has made FF successful?
Old 24 Oct 2012, 17:21 (Ref:3157100)   #22
roscoracer
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
Its such a shame that they didnt just leave it all alone! As a newcomer i had high hopes for the meeting but we may get a few late entries and im looking forward to it regardless!

Hope all entrants have a good one and we have a good weekend racing....it beats watching!!

Old 24 Oct 2012, 20:30 (Ref:3157176)   #23
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BRSCC have now amended the timetable (from the original that I had) and seen some sense in amalgamating the Duratecs and Zetecs for quarter finals at least, although they have separate single semi finals.

Will probably go only on the Sunday now and have Saturday closer to home at Snetterton.
Old 27 Oct 2012, 10:44 (Ref:3158400)   #24
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finnish champion Anttila in Mygale instead of Ray... any idea whos car it is?
Old 30 Oct 2012, 22:02 (Ref:3160328)   #25
Frederich
Rookie

Denmark
Aarhus, Denmark
Frederich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
Finnish champion Anttila in Mygale instead of Ray... any idea whos car it is?
It is his own car, he won the Nordic Championship in the same car earlier this year.