Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 6 Oct 2003, 15:33 (Ref:742055)   #26
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the day went ok. No idea what happened with the upright, I didn't actually know what had failed int the car, I pushed the brake on the first lap going into the the esses and it just didn't stop, then every time I pushed the brake there was bad vibration and a real lake of brake at the front, then the left front would lock, so I think it must have just failed and cracked on the first push, then on the second brake point actually pulled apart (I made it through quarry so it must have been ok then) going through tower though as you go around the bump my right wheel was just dragging along the floor (right front = NO tread) I couldn't understand it, but the suspension must have been holding the wheel in place. **** finish but when I looked at the car afterwards I was happy to have dragged it around. After using the escape road I held 8th for a while until I spun again under braking at the esses.

Brands next for me, fancy a tangle ?
Old 6 Oct 2003, 15:40 (Ref:742070)   #27
RMR
Veteran

England
Surrey
RMR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you done well to have 8th till the end, bizzare stuff though. im impressed with your persistance! in fact re-reading you did well to finish!

brands, i shall see you there. not racing myself but will be there seeing everyone, sounds a good crowd. next meet is the silverstone one for me, am testing this friday (if i can get the damn car finished) love to be out at brands but its all money. see how the test go and i may be persuaded.
Old 6 Oct 2003, 16:03 (Ref:742084)   #28
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
depengind on my wallet and bills for a new upright I may do the test on thursday also. May see yo up there, if not i'll see you there on the day.
Old 6 Oct 2003, 16:41 (Ref:742116)   #29
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Lads,

I'll discretely avoid commenting on specific incidents.

But the missus & I Marshalled Esses out and we (and many of the other guys/girls on the bank) enjoyed a thoroughly brilliant days racing. Thanks very much to all competitors for one of the best days circuit i've seen this year.
Old 6 Oct 2003, 16:59 (Ref:742129)   #30
G Tanner
Racer

England
Weston-super-Mare
G Tanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, cracking final. 1st 3 cars within 3 tenths of a second. Can't be bad after 15 laps. Good to see a better turnout for the GT's as well. Also must of had the best post at A1. Sheltered from the wind it was actually quite warm.