Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Aug 2010, 14:15 (Ref:2741918)   #26
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit silly letting some 16 year old kid do testing..
Old 9 Aug 2010, 14:54 (Ref:2741946)   #27
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not really, it's a pretty big wide airfield and the most damage he's gonna do is bin it in a cornfield... it's a good incentive to the far east driver scheme and a good way of getting the young lad used to some serious power. plus it's good pr and they get to look at the planes and stuff.

wonder if they'll hire the same pie van as a team caterer

edit: here's what the local rag published about the amended restrictions - for what it's worth we've not had a letter through the door yet and it's less than 4 weeks away. someone might want to make sure that's being done otherwise the nimbys will get a bit shirty...

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Roys...to-Duxford.htm
Old 10 Aug 2010, 00:16 (Ref:2742217)   #28
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happens if he accidentally turns the wheel? Will they be banned?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 09:11 (Ref:2742350)   #29
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Duxford is also the only place outside the US that have a SR-71 on display.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2742577)   #30
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Duxford is also the only place outside the US that have a SR-71 on display.
It's a pretty mean piece of kit.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 20:08 (Ref:2744611)   #31
medler
Racer

medler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
personally i find the coolest thing is when the apache helicopter drops in...
They're always playing about in the airfield next to my house, bit of a racket when they do it at midnight though.
Old 19 Aug 2010, 19:16 (Ref:2747277)   #32
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have anyone here thought that Lotus may be testing 25 F1 cars all arround the globe next year?
Old 19 Aug 2010, 19:22 (Ref:2747279)   #33
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lotus Cars claim that this is nothing to do with Lotus Racing (or, as they might be known next year, Team Lotus) - while the car does look like an F1 car to the trained eye, it doesn't have that much to do with an F1 car. Obviously it's the nearest thing to an F1 car that's practical to run on a track day, and with a GP Masters engine it'll go like brown and smelly things off a shovel, but I don't think it would be that useful a test bed for F1 machinery. We don't know that much about the relations between Lotus Cars and Lotus Racing, while they obviously are at least amiable they aren't the same organization. Rumours about Tony Fernandes buying Lotus Cars are not substantiated, although I think he would be a far better bet for the future than Proton as a parent company. Bear in mind that his biggest success, AirAsia, was the result of buying a failing thing from the Malaysian government (Lotus is owned by Proton, who in turn are a nationally owned company) and whipping it in to shape.