Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Closed Thread

Old 20 Dec 2011, 17:57 (Ref:3002344)   #1
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Knight John Surtees!

Difficult to work out a general purpose forum on this enormous website, for maximum exposure, but what better place than the marshal's forum?

Please see revived thread: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...r+John+Surtees

John
Old 21 Dec 2011, 11:39 (Ref:3002631)   #2
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
As well as Surtees, I think maybe Martin Brundle as well should be put forward for a CBE/OBE or something like that? I've certainly put in a nomination in previous years...

All the pro british motorsport work he does, as well as the people he's introduced to marshalling and motor sport. I suppose though like all this there's also a long list of people who deserve it as much as the next guy. saying that Murray Walker has an OBE so its obviously only a matter of time...

Im sure Surtees's didnt work 3 years ago but we can certainly rally round and make another go of it for this coming years, only thing is he was awarded an OBE just 3 years ago. might be a bit too soon.

Last edited by Stephen Green; 23 Dec 2011 at 10:43. Reason: general tidying up to make the post readable
Old 21 Dec 2011, 19:17 (Ref:3002852)   #3
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The original thread is here and F1 is probably a more appropriate place. I suggest we continue this discussion over there and I'll close this one.