Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 May 2014, 11:39 (Ref:3409767)   #26
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Personally, footie does nothing for me. But I do remember one year in the early 2000s when there was a big game on. RLM were doing an unofficial (illegal!) commentary on the match in the build up to the race. For once the England team did well and every so often a huge cheer would go from those listening to RLM as they announced another goal. The rest of the crowd was clearly very confused as to what was happening!
Old 24 May 2014, 23:58 (Ref:3410066)   #27
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
After an utterly miserable, miserable day at Wembley, I've decided I don't like football either and I'm migrating to Simon's thread. There's no way I can turn up to Le Mans and be so disappointed with the result that I'd rather be kicked in the gonads.

I'll stick to the motor racing thanks, nothing there can hurt me like that.
Old 25 May 2014, 00:35 (Ref:3410074)   #28
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
After an utterly miserable, miserable day at Wembley, I've decided I don't like football either and I'm migrating to Simon's thread. There's no way I can turn up to Le Mans and be so disappointed with the result that I'd rather be kicked in the gonads.

I'll stick to the motor racing thanks, nothing there can hurt me like that.
If it makes you feel any better, neither I nor anyone I that currently know or ever have ever known wanted 'Arry and His Gang back in the Premier League. That combined with the endless summer of La Decima my boss will give me are pushing me away from football too.

If the World Cup is anywhere near this depressing I can safely say sportscars will have my full and undivided attention ...
Old 25 May 2014, 00:50 (Ref:3410075)   #29
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
If it makes you feel any better, neither I nor anyone I that currently know or ever have ever known wanted 'Arry and His Gang back in the Premier League. That combined with the endless summer of La Decima my boss will give me are pushing me away from football too.

If the World Cup is anywhere near this depressing I can safely say sportscars will have my full and undivided attention ...
That's the thing. QPR would have been the most unpopular winners in years anyway, but when you add parked bus, a professional foul, and a last minute goal from their only shot on target, and you've got one great big massive injustice.

Normally when Derby do something stupid at the end of the season, the following race at Le Mans is really good. That's the greatest consolation there is!
Old 25 May 2014, 01:31 (Ref:3410085)   #30
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
That's the thing. QPR would have been the most unpopular winners in years anyway, but when you add parked bus, a professional foul, and a last minute goal from their only shot on target, and you've got one great big massive injustice.
Well I've got my own reasons for disliking QPR, most of them connected to 13th May 2011. I did get an ominous feeling after the red card that the wrong team today were going to successfully imitate Mourinho's tactics. It's not often I resort to undeserved winners, but this is surely a good case for one (Derby were better for the whole game).

I wouldn't say Derby did anything stupid though. Wasteful (and for the goal, absent-minded) yes, but not stupid. But don't worry, Le Mans will be a corker this year anyway!
Old 27 May 2014, 10:26 (Ref:3411222)   #31
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If it makes you all feel better I support Leeds...
Old 27 May 2014, 11:31 (Ref:3411251)   #32
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
If it makes you all feel better I support Leeds...
Well I hope the door doesn't hit you on your way out!

While I'm here, what's the fans' take on the Cellino business? It looks like a circus from the outside but I wonder if there's information we're not privy to that reassures you guys.
Old 27 May 2014, 11:39 (Ref:3411256)   #33
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I support Liverpool, talk about a deflating end to a season...
Old 27 May 2014, 11:50 (Ref:3411264)   #34
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Well I hope the door doesn't hit you on your way out!

While I'm here, what's the fans' take on the Cellino business? It looks like a circus from the outside but I wonder if there's information we're not privy to that reassures you guys.
Just.... just don't go there.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 20:52 (Ref:3417104)   #35
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some updates to be provided via RLM
http://radiolemans.0157.org/content/...ld-cup-updates
Old 8 Jun 2014, 22:39 (Ref:3417215)   #36
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Oh god, as someone who really doesn't get football and all the related hysteria of world cups, I was rather hoping to escape all that rubbish for a few days. I hope this doesn't mean constant updates on RLM 'Brought to you by Adidas, purveyors of overpriced replica shirts and trainers since 1984 blah de blah de blah etc'.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 22:53 (Ref:3417228)   #37
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will be quite glad of this during the England game whilst trackside.

But, for example, if they start going in-depth on Brazil v Croatia during final qualy it might anger a few people. There is a lot of airspace to fill between the sessions at Le Mans and this is clearly one solution for RLM.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 12:10 (Ref:3417483)   #38
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post
I hope this doesn't mean constant updates on RLM 'Brought to you by Adidas, purveyors of overpriced replica shirts and trainers since 1984 blah de blah de blah etc'.
At least it it's a break from the Nismo pitlaneteam #eatsleepracerepeat Nismo athlete GT academy presented by Nissan -force feed.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 12:15 (Ref:3417488)   #39
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
At least it it's a break from the Nismo pitlaneteam #eatsleepracerepeat Nismo athlete GT academy presented by Nissan -force feed.
We had that during the practice on RLM, if they keep repeating it while we are down there i suspect people will switch off the radio's, boy is it annoying.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 12:18 (Ref:3417492)   #40
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
We had that during the practice on RLM, if they keep repeating it while we are down there i suspect people will switch off the radio's, boy is it annoying.
Of course they keep doing it (we all know bills need to be paid but that doesn't make it any less annoying)

And more Darren Cox PR interviews. Didn't his last visit took like 45 minutes (at least) during the test day? He's almost like additional permanent commentator now, but with biased view and pre-written speeches that get repeated.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 12:33 (Ref:3417502)   #41
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I hope they find a sponsor that replaces Nissan for next year. Imagine how biased it would feel like.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 14:36 (Ref:3417580)   #42
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
Isn't the hourly update sponsored by Audi now anyway?
Old 9 Jun 2014, 14:48 (Ref:3417591)   #43
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Isn't the hourly update sponsored by Audi now anyway?
Audi and Toyota are both sponsors assuming the logo list on radiolemans.com is up-to-date, but do we constantly get an hour long commercials with Juttner/Vasselon regardless of the event? So I'd assume they pay less.

I'm not saying the RLM people are on purpose biased, but it's just the way it is... "self-censorship", you don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Last edited by deggis; 9 Jun 2014 at 14:54.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 07:28 (Ref:3418441)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If we want to have RLM, we have to accept commercial reality, but I must admit the 'eat, sleep....' garbage has been seriously tedious and more likely to make people switch off than offer any useful advertising benefit to Nissan.....
Old 13 Jun 2014, 21:31 (Ref:3420094)   #45
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Can we put Alonso in an orange shirt tomorrow when he waves the flag for the start of the race?
Old 13 Jun 2014, 21:33 (Ref:3420097)   #46
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Can we put Alonso in an orange shirt tomorrow when he waves the flag for the start of the race?
Give him a Spyker while we're at it!

Thoroughly enjoyed that match, even made me forget about Le Mans for a few minutes. The matches have all been good so far, time to join Webber in wishing Australia well against Chile.
Old 13 Jun 2014, 21:36 (Ref:3420100)   #47
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 14 Jun 2014, 21:53 (Ref:3421073)   #48
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Time to divide my attention for the next two hours. No big incidents in the race until England win/lose/draw please!
Old 14 Jun 2014, 23:54 (Ref:3421154)   #49
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Well that wasn't fun, back to the race!
Old 17 Jun 2014, 08:31 (Ref:3422928)   #50
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had fun at the Stella bar but throughout the match was battling the urge to return to the track - wish I had now!