Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Mar 2017, 15:56 (Ref:3718580)   #1
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Petition to make JM López a proper F1 driver

Dear friend Tenthers,

Yesterday did a big a move "a la Don Quixote": put a plea in Change about recruiting signings to give Jose Maria Lopez a place in Formula One for 2017 season.

Is no secret that our main aim is Team Sauber, mostly considering the difficulties that por Monisha has with the team. We want to help, and recruit the best Argentinian entrepeneurs as sponsors and promoters in exchange to give Mr Lopez a place in a SINGLE F1 Grand Prix.

Reasons that is the popularity of Lopez worldwide that deserves him a place in F1, albeit as a wildcard for some race. Is a kind of award for him, and also will help F1 world, nonetheless the result Mr Lopez could reach in his F1 achievement.

This is not a farce. I did it serious, and in a less than a day I now have near 100 signs... You could tell me that my explanation is pretty serious. Mr Balfe could confirm that I'm stark raving mad, haha! But well, is my choice, also.

If you want to see the plea in Change, follow the link (in Spanish):
https://www.change.org/p/jos%C3%A9-m...-fbpage-no_msg

Well, you could say. In other Facebook groups I suffered a lot of discussion. You cavaliers could help me in this crusade.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 16:02 (Ref:3718585)   #2
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At last, if Caterham entered 2014 Abu Dhabi GP thanks to crowfunding, why not this idea couldn't have success?
Old 14 Mar 2017, 16:15 (Ref:3718591)   #3
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He is quite busy already...

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...e-mans-870399/
Old 14 Mar 2017, 17:24 (Ref:3718594)   #4
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Dear friend Tenthers,

Yesterday did a big a move "a la Don Quixote": put a plea in Change about recruiting signings to give Jose Maria Lopez a place in Formula One for 2017 season.

Is no secret that our main aim is Team Sauber, mostly considering the difficulties that por Monisha has with the team. We want to help, and recruit the best Argentinian entrepeneurs as sponsors and promoters in exchange to give Mr Lopez a place in a SINGLE F1 Grand Prix.

Reasons that is the popularity of Lopez worldwide that deserves him a place in F1, albeit as a wildcard for some race. Is a kind of award for him, and also will help F1 world, nonetheless the result Mr Lopez could reach in his F1 achievement.

This is not a farce. I did it serious, and in a less than a day I now have near 100 signs... You could tell me that my explanation is pretty serious. Mr Balfe could confirm that I'm stark raving mad, haha! But well, is my choice, also.

If you want to see the plea in Change, follow the link (in Spanish):
https://www.change.org/p/jos%C3%A9-m...-fbpage-no_msg

Well, you could say. In other Facebook groups I suffered a lot of discussion. You cavaliers could help me in this crusade.
For me it is much more important to race the 24 Hours of Le Mans and the WEC in a Toyota than to race F1 in a team of second line.
It does not make any sense your proposal.
The 24 hours of Le Mans is an iconic race, which has a higher value than any F1 Grand Prix.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3718611)   #5
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The target is a one off drive with Sauber? I haven't followed Sauber very closely, but I believe the new owners have a close relationship with Ericsson (maybe they even purchased the team to keep Ericsson in place?) Wehrlein seems to have been placed at Sauber as part of the complicated deal with moving Bottas to Mercedes. I assume to a degree, Mercedes is funding Wehrlein at Sauber to give him more experience.

Assuming the above is correct, I have a hard time believing Sauber (or more specifically those who back the current drivers) will park either of their two drivers for a one off drive by a rookie F1 driver for just about any reason? Even money may not talk much?

Then you have JM Lopez with a ride with Toyota at LeMans. If I was him... I would focus on one thing at a time. I would do my best to prepare for LeMans vs. trying to find a one off F1 ride.

This truly is a Don Quixote attempt or mission impossible project! Good luck!

Richard
Old 14 Mar 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3718612)   #6
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm going to start a petition for Gordon Shedden to become an F1 driver. BTCC is far more entertaining than WTCC has ever been (but then again, I've seen Post Office queues that are more entertaining than a WTCC race), and I'm from the same country, so that'll do.

Gordon Shedden, 2018 F1 World Champion. 2019, Knockhill hosts the (now Independent) Scottish Grand Prix. You heard it here first.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 18:53 (Ref:3718616)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if non championship races become a reality it would be fun to see some drivers get a one off chance...let teams hire a local driver and access local sponsors, get more fans out to the non championship event, and make a little bit more money at the same time. win win!

typically change.org is used for social issues but why not extend it to athletes as well? im sure we all can think of examples of local athletes/personal favorites being left off a national team, for example, for less than reasonable reasons.

empowerment of the people via social media platforms like change.org....you might be on to something here Mekola!
Old 14 Mar 2017, 19:45 (Ref:3718630)   #8
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Valentino Rossi in a Ferrari!
Old 15 Mar 2017, 08:19 (Ref:3718727)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Err, he is 38! ANd done it already!!
Old 15 Mar 2017, 10:22 (Ref:3718762)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I'm gonna petition for John Cleland to be an F1 driver, even if he doesnt want to.
Old 15 Mar 2017, 10:40 (Ref:3718768)   #11
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I think its a bit too late for this year!

Sauber already have their race drivers signed up [insert snide joke about Sauber / Van der Garde here]

A petition wont do anything. Money talks. If JM Lopez has enough money, or enough rich sponsors he would get a chance.
Old 15 Mar 2017, 15:30 (Ref:3718839)   #12
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I fear his chance came and went with US F1.
Old 15 Mar 2017, 16:49 (Ref:3718855)   #13
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
That would be the best option, go back in time and give him the USF1 car he was supposed to have
Old 15 Mar 2017, 20:47 (Ref:3718886)   #14
David A Scott
Rookie

Canada
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
David A Scott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
He did get a toaster out of it though.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 22:44 (Ref:3719207)   #15
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll petition to get Scott Dixon an F1 drive. Same age as Alonso and just as fast as he's ever been. Best current driver to never race F1.