Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jan 2004, 21:20 (Ref:845898)   #26
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wrex, nice one - totally agree. As Liz says can we take this approach on the other forums, where appropriate?
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 21 Jan 2004, 23:31 (Ref:846092)   #27
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Cant really speak for other forums, but they all have a dedictaed bunch of moderators that sometimes get drowned. I would suggest 2 things:

1 - Use the warn button if you think a post is in approriate. It may not need to be deleted, it may just be something you think the mods should keep an eye on.

This would have to be the most underused function on the forum. Most try to deal with things themselves, and its usually them that get into trouble.

2 - Let your mods know when your happy. Unfortunately they only hear complaints and it can be a little negative. The only way we know what sort of job we are doing is from feedback, both posative and negative.

Cheers all
Old 22 Jan 2004, 07:15 (Ref:846437)   #28
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex

2 - Let your mods know when your happy. Unfortunately they only hear complaints and it can be a little negative.
Well, the fact that noone told you they're happy with you doesn't mean they don't do that at all!
Old 22 Jan 2004, 09:28 (Ref:846540)   #29
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always thought the "warn" button meant to file some kind of report and something bad would happen. I think I may have to remind myself of the FAQ again, but I think the same may be true for other people.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 10:50 (Ref:846630)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What was this thread about?
Old 22 Jan 2004, 12:05 (Ref:846702)   #31
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About two pages, so far.
Old 22 Jan 2004, 12:40 (Ref:846742)   #32
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
What was this thread about?
Shooting trespassers... survivors will be shot again
Old 24 Jan 2004, 21:21 (Ref:849594)   #33
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I must confess that like DriverT, I was dubious about using the warn button, so thanks, Wrex, for the clarification.

Liz, love your sense of humour!

Last edited by John Turner; 24 Jan 2004 at 21:21.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 25 Jan 2004, 02:14 (Ref:849792)   #34
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Some more info on the 'Warn' button can be found here
Old 25 Jan 2004, 13:10 (Ref:849964)   #35
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On that note, it'll be interesting to see if we are big and grown up enough to take this: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=49213

Old 25 Jan 2004, 16:30 (Ref:850071)   #36
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yes i started it to test our new improved (brainwashed) selves!!
Old 26 Jan 2004, 13:49 (Ref:851050)   #37
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"2 - Let your mods know when your happy."

Always...otherwise i won't be bothered to come here everytime i'm free...right?

Perhaps it would be useful if posters,upon request, are made to produce facts/convincing reasonings to accusations that they've made. Often, we hear useless accusations/bashing/slagging which start off a series of arguments that ruin an otherwise good thread.

Maybe a point system...you know, every failure to submit evidence would result in points...which when accumlated to a certain value, result in a warning or a one race ban
Old 26 Jan 2004, 15:33 (Ref:851210)   #38
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gotta say Wrex has been busy, im trying to be a good boy, and keeping the Ferrari/TGF/DC bashing to a minimum, although it needs to come out somehwere, i think my dog is tired of hearing about it!
Old 26 Jan 2004, 22:54 (Ref:851696)   #39
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Let it out on another forum mate, thats what I do
Old 26 Jan 2004, 23:36 (Ref:851728)   #40
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R

Maybe a point system...you know, every failure to submit evidence would result in points...which when accumlated to a certain value, result in a warning or a one race ban
Good plan in principle, but there would need to be a lot more mods on here, just to read every post.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 00:15 (Ref:851757)   #41
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone "frequent" the Planet-F1 forum? Some bad **** goes on down there, makes this place look like HR Puff and Stuff!
(They average about 4 "Schumi cheated in '94/Rammed Hill 94/Jaques Sucks/TGF = The Great Fu... etc posts a week!)

So keep up the good work, this place rocks.