Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Jan 2004, 15:05 (Ref:848309)   #26
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rennen
I feel sorry for anyone who missed the 2002 season on Berni TV...Fridays have never been the same...nor has the live coverage of qualifying :-(
Bernievision was just awesome....

last year German channel Premiere World broadcast there own version of it ......with a onboard channel and and main feed, and pitlane channel.....and they showed friday quaifying ...

Why does German TV show their commitment to F1 and not British TV ay ?

Last edited by Sato san; 23 Jan 2004 at 15:11.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 15:17 (Ref:848321)   #27
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Mercedes and BMW per chance???
Old 23 Jan 2004, 15:22 (Ref:848323)   #28
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yer !...hehehhe...good point , and also they have TV stations that back up their talk with actual proper coverage too....lol
Old 23 Jan 2004, 16:42 (Ref:848408)   #29
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't even get me started on ITV I say.........

Off topic here........did my e-mail reach you sato?
Old 23 Jan 2004, 18:54 (Ref:848553)   #30
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yer , got it mate ..

ITV.....well this year they have alot to prove i think.....but i cant see it happening , they are bound to let us down lack of commitment as usual when it comes to Indy qualifying etc .....

Has anyone else heard the runour about Ben Edwards doing guest commentry this year for ITV F1 to make it 3 people in the ITV commentry box ?...its been done before with the BBC when Brundle joined in with Palmer and Murray ...so its possible ?

Last edited by Sato san; 23 Jan 2004 at 18:56.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 00:39 (Ref:848901)   #31
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1
glad to see you people in the UK have the same problems as us Aussies.By the way have you seen a world cup laying around anywhere we seemed to have misplaced it.

The Grumpy1
Have you tried looking amongst all the others to see if it's there. You know how big that room has to be to hold all of our trophies.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 13:06 (Ref:849276)   #32
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeh we looked but the last time it was seen some fella by the name of Wilkinson had it.I suppose we had better get Mark off his bum and stop messing about.If he doesn't I think he may have some competition next year from another bloke named Brisco.Rumor has it he is Toyotas test driver.Anyway you complain about not seeing quailfying.The only race we see quailifying for is Melbourne.The rest is just 10secs of the top 3 and most races are telivised with a min half hour delay.I know who won by the time the lights go out and the hammer comes down.Just gottra love the internet.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 24 Jan 2004 at 13:07.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 01:23 (Ref:849764)   #33
Pit_Lane_Babe
Rookie

Pit_Lane_Babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems to me as though ITV are shooting themselves in the foot the way they show F1. No matter how they show it we (F1 fans) will lose out in some sort of way
Old 25 Jan 2004, 09:52 (Ref:849882)   #34
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
Has anyone else heard the runour about Ben Edwards doing guest commentry this year for ITV F1 to make it 3 people in the ITV commentry box ?...its been done before with the BBC when Brundle joined in with Palmer and Murray ...so its possible ?
Too good to be true. I don't see the reasoning behind it though. Sure it'll lift the coverage - Ben can convey both information and perspective on what is actually happening, he is also knowledgable and has control passion. However, why would they keep James Allen if they did this? Allen's role would be even more pointless.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 15:10 (Ref:850040)   #35
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess the key word here is commitment meaning that what is ITV,s commitment to the coverage of formula one. Ok we havent heard anything from ITV as yet concerning there program schedules but from reading this thread I can see what what sort of confidence you have on the outcome of there decision regarding there coverage of qualifying. Why dont ITV shift the coverage of the qualifying sessions over to ITV2 by doing this it will not clash with there ITV1 schedule especially those qualifying sessions that take place on a early saturday evening UK time. This will mean that we will be able to see all the qualifying sessions live through out the 04 season. I guess at the end of the day us F1 fans will only get the coverage that we are looking for on a dedicated sports channel
Old 25 Jan 2004, 15:17 (Ref:850046)   #36
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The trouble with using ITV2 is that ITV don't have much control over what they show! I was told by an ITV, er, representative (when I phoned up to complain) that ITV2 wasn't possible because the contract was with ITV1. :confused:

Now obviously there is a bit of BS here (as the GP has been on ITV2 before), but ultimately it is true ITV can't just put something on ITV2 when they feel like it. What do we expect of such a comedy company?
Old 26 Jan 2004, 13:13 (Ref:850999)   #37
eein
Racer

eein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see ITV making too much of an effort. They get away with what they do at the moment and there is unlikely to be too much aditional revenue from satisfying the hard core fans like ourselves. And a two (and half) hour live program is too long for non-hard-care fans who may then get bored.

I agree with previous suggestions that ITV2 should be exploited more - but it sound like this would require some rework of the agreement with Bernie.

Also, do any of you remember the qualifying a couple of years ago when McNish had that crash that valuted him over the fence? I do. I remeber it being the wee hours of the morning and the live coverage being stopped and not showing the remaining part of qualifying. What was so important to stop live F1 in the middle of an 'exciting' incident for at about 6am on a Saturday morning? Cartoons. Not even good ones. It might only have been qualifying, but I will not forgive ITV easily.
Old 26 Jan 2004, 13:48 (Ref:851048)   #38
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
By the way, I'd like to point out i'm the worst placed Aussie here, I had to have a 8hr delay on a broadcast that was in our own timezone, hence, had to stay up till 1:30 in the morning.

You Brits wouldn't know a broadcast delay if it hit you in the face, ( ) unless you watch champcars!

Anyway, cheers, i think with this awsome new format i might jet over friday night, stay with a friend, watch qualifying and the race and jump home, now don't tell me that the new schedual hasn't done anything good!

Edit: forgot to mention that, this round that got delayed 8hrs was infact the final title deciding round of the year

Atleast I have the smug satisfaction that my fellow Tasmanians are:
Captaining Australia's test and oneday teams.
The reigning V-8 Supercar Champion.

Its almost compensation for bad broadcasts, but we've just got channel 10 which broadcasts the Motorsport - YES!!!

Last edited by Hazza; 26 Jan 2004 at 13:51.
Old 26 Jan 2004, 23:23 (Ref:851721)   #39
Sir Frank
Rookie

Sir Frank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couldn't ITV give a James Allen free broadcast to all that have forked out for Sky/Freeview boxes, and leave the mumbling prat with Jim Rosenthal on ITV1? I remember last year, got up nice and early for the Oz GP qualifying, all excited, new season etc..... ...forgot he's on it Hope I just tuned into atheletics? No Such Luck

ITV 2 could show all sessions live, with Brundle and Ben Edwards accomanied by scantily clad Suzie Perry and Beverly Turner doing the pits, so after every race meeting when they interview people we can work out who in the pits is a letcherous pervert, and who have the constraint to avert their eyes. (My money's on Button followed by Todt for the letch prize). And ITV 2's competitions would be F1 related while ITV1 get Football questions!!

What do you reckon?
Old 26 Jan 2004, 23:42 (Ref:851732)   #40
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Hazza
By the way, I'd like to point out i'm the worst placed Aussie here, I had to have a 8hr delay on a broadcast that was in our own timezone, hence, had to stay up till 1:30 in the morning.
Was it Bathurst getting in your way? :confused:
(Not the town, the broadcast!)
Quote:
You Brits wouldn't know a broadcast delay if it hit you in the face, ( ) unless you watch champcars!
Does it count as a delay if they show all the Red Flag action without actually showing the race?
Old 27 Jan 2004, 19:52 (Ref:852735)   #41
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hazza you think it was any better in Melbourne.Until the TV stations can get more advertising cash I doubt there will be any change anywhere in the world.One thing I will give C10(Do most motorsport)is they are better then the previous mob.At least they try to get the facts.

The Grumpy1
Old 27 Jan 2004, 20:26 (Ref:852798)   #42
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A naive question perhaps, but:

Was bernie vision, or F1 digital, the same as what we call High Definition TV here in the states?

I always hear how great it was, and it kind of sounds like HDTV, so I was just wondering...

Danica Patrick
Old 27 Jan 2004, 21:33 (Ref:852896)   #43
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Well......Bernievision had a 8 screen layout .....
Master channel , Main feed , Race leaders channel , Midfield channel , Pit lane channel , Onboard Channel , Live timing screen channel , highlights channel...

it also had live Pit to car radio communications so you could hear the drivers and the engineers swearing their heads off at each other ....Great stuff .

Is that the same as HDTV ?
Old 27 Jan 2004, 21:41 (Ref:852904)   #44
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
The trouble with using ITV2 is that ITV don't have much control over what they show! I was told by an ITV, er, representative (when I phoned up to complain) that ITV2 wasn't possible because the contract was with ITV1. :confused:

They are talking imo, the first ever GP race from Indy (2000) was shown live in ITV2 and repeated later on ITV1